Hondo's Bar

greg land(and Tim Bradstreet the hack fuck) is a plagiarist?

Jenkins also did the crossover with Hellblazer and Books of Magic. Was a short series, just two issues but the setup was good. The ending was a bit simplistic for my tastes, but it actually fit rather well into books of magic continuity and we could see Tim Hunter grow as a character. Still, Constantine seemed very isolated, kinda like a visiting uncle or something with no context about his world, except for the flashbacks and they served plot more than character. You may be right Mrdukey, Jenkins may have a problem with supporting cast.

Enjoyed the art in the series by Paul Lee: A bit scruffy and sketchy, but hey, this is a thread about why Tim Bradstreet/lightboxing sucks, so 'looks too hand-drawn' is a good thing.

That's right Jumbie. Jenkins, who was living in Brisbane when writing Hellblazer, takes him to Australia in one of his better arcs on the series. I thought he had a few good stories but towards the end of his run I found myself losing interest. To be frank I'm surprised he lasted three years on the series. He filled every panel with words and words yet I still know nothing about the supporting characters.

I agree with you guys. I rate Delano/Ennis the highest. I'm still on Azzarello. I was looking forward to Ellis and as usual it was technically pretty good but goddamn it was dark - is there a well known reason why his stint was so short on the series?

As to Mike Carey, I'm reading Unwritten at the moment and it's not as engrossing as I'd hoped for.

Cheers

Probably right under my damned nose! Brisbane's really not that big as far as capitals go. Now I get to pull an Irish and go read through the AU run to take slight cultural pride.

I still have to read the Ellis run too, infact. Tangential(but seeing as I've not even mentioned Bradstreet...)- Did you read Planetary?

That first Jenkins/Lee INHUMANS mini was phenomenal. It came out right as I was getting out of collecting comics and pulled me back in to collecting for a while longer.

right? i thought newt was bullshitting, but damn, never gave a fuck about that whole crew till that book. id hoped someone would one day do that for the shi'iar, closest i got was jason aaron on wolvy & the x-men.

also, Dukey - i used to be on Ellis' old message board and i still totally forget what was going on with his arc...but i do recall one issue that didn't make it to print. looked it up on wiki, found out why:

He was meant to become a full-time writer for several years, as Delano, Ennis and Jenkins before him, but left the title early after DC refused to publish the story "Shoot", about high school shootings, following the Columbine High School massacre, despite the fact it had been written and submitted prior to the event.[33] The story was finally published in 2010.

so yeah, he got Moore'd - and being that they were on Vertigo at that point, i imagine being censored felt particularly shitty, so i can see why he followed the same route. Shame, i dont recall "Haunted" being too bad, would love to've seen more.

I read a bit of the early Delano stuff but just dont recall much past

that bit where he fucks up and the little girl's soul goes to hell - they touch on that much later on Carey's run too

also: Jumbie reminded me years ago that after Ennis' 40 or so issue run, he did return (sadly with a different artist, but i wanna say Fabry still did covers? maybe not?) for a short run called "Son of Man" or the like, nothing amazing but enjoyable.

oh yeah before i forget again: :welcome:

Probably right under my damned nose! Brisbane's really not that big as far as capitals go. Now I get to pull an Irish and go read through the AU run to take slight cultural pride.

I still have to read the Ellis run too, infact. Tangential(but seeing as I've not even mentioned Bradstreet...)- Did you read Planetary?

I've read a couple of issues of Planetary but so little that I really haven't got the gist of it yet.

I've read a bit more of Transmetropolitan and some black and white steam punk thing from Avatar. I wouldn't say I've read enough of Ellis to tell if the massive plaudits he receives are justified.

also: Jumbie reminded me years ago that after Ennis' 40 or so issue run, he did return (sadly with a different artist, but i wanna say Fabry still did covers? maybe not?) for a short run called "Son of Man" or the like, nothing amazing but enjoyable.

oh yeah before i forget again: :welcome:

Yes that storyline buffered the Jenkins and Ellis runs and was a lot of sick fun. And thank you. :cheers:

I see, when the masses are happy they deny the Baytor his hate, but when they need the Baytor-hate they attempt to appease him.... very well then.

Yes I still fucking hate Tim Bradstreet and find the man a fraud. I would find his art harmless if Punisher-covers everywhere weren't covered with rivulets of crusty sperm from the masses of geeks and critics who seem to jerk off hourly to what look like pictures of Tommy Lee Jones in like 6 poses with way too much shadow and a skull on his t-shirt.

So in closing, fuck Tim Bradstreet, Greg Land at least seems to do some form of actual drawing albeit a limited amount but some rather than trace, add shadows, and t-shirt decals. I may decide to hate him later.

You know I've been scouring the internet for more Tim Bradstreet hate and no one does it quite as good as you. Thanks again. I needed to know I'm not alone on this.

Badger was best in the Bill Reinhold days. He's a forgotten writer these days but I thought his Punisher was superb. He had a damn long run on it from memory. And of course Nexus. I'd like to see a live action series or movie of the Nexus story. I know Rude was trying to get an animated series going and while I'm ranting he was such a sweet artist in his prime.

Oh one last bit - the new Nexus stuff in DHP has not really got me excited.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...