Hondo's Bar

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

The NZA

ultimates.jpg

notice: the above pic is not from in-game graphics. sadly.

This leaked yesterday:

We already knew it was coming, but amongst yesterday's MS/Acti marketing leaks were some further details on the upcoming Marvel: Ultimate Alliance II. The game will be set during Marvel's recent "Civil War" story arc, with players forced to choose sides in the conflict. There'll supposedly be "over 20" playable Marvel characters, including the Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Venom and the Human Torch, and players will be able to "fuse" two character's powers together to give one character hybrid abilities. The release mentions the game will be appearing on 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP & DS.

Stark as final boss confirmed. Well, not yet, but you know.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Man I wish i could see the image that's not an in-game graphic. In the loss of Marvel Universe I'll take this up eagerly. Having just picked up a $7 copy of Ultimate alliance and downloading the hero/villian pack now so's I can make another pass through and hopefully pick up Panther & Surfer along the way.

Oh fuck yes! If they make DD's billy club work just like Cap's shield did in the last one, I will have nothing but nice things to say about the game.

ah, so you want another teammate, then. cause thats basically what the shield was like when you leveled it up.

to be honest, i think Deadpool returning's a no-brainer. We got Hulk, Ronin and others in various packs/versions last time, here's to hoping for Punisher, Sentry, Ares and other new ones this time around.

ASC: definitely worth playing if you're a marvel fanboy, really fun games and you can find em all on the cheap too.

ah, so you want another teammate, then. cause thats basically what the shield was like when you leveled it up.

YES! Claustrophobic levels like Mandarin's Palace, I'd toss that thing into a room everytime I opened a door and it would clear all the baddies before I even got to 'em.

Man, actually having to choose a side and being restricted on which characters you have access to is gonna create a whole other level of playability to this!!

totally agreed, now that i think about it. That's a fine way to force replay, too.

oh shit, so this time, we can all get together on the action, eh? manohman, i cant wait to join my fellow anti-reg hondonians. :love:

you heard, skeet. anti. :muggin:

I'm just waiting for Ultimate Alliance 3 when they run out of ideas and halfway through the game Spider-Man makes a deal with Mephisto to make it so he never met anyone and you have to start the game over again only it has slight variations. That'll be fucking awesome.

Then Ultimate Alliance 4 will be when the zombies come in.

Oh, you forgot Secret invasion, when 3/4 the way through you discover you and your team are infact the villians and it ends with fighting Mark Millar's massive ego.

Seriously though, the inevitable Secret Invasion game is really gonna tap into the paranoia

Oh, you forgot Secret invasion, when 3/4 the way through you discover you and your team are infact the villians and it ends with fighting Mark Millar's massive ego.

Seriously though, the inevitable Secret Invasion game is really gonna tap into the paranoia

Oh I can't wait to be playing halfway through and then finding out that Mr. Fantastic has actually escaped his shack and has been building a spaceship out of helicopter parts and then I burn Wolverine with a flamethrower and Captain America turns into a giant pillar of nasty gooey monster thing and I say "Yeah well fuck you too" as I fling a stick of dynamite and make it outside just in time to sit down next to Luke Cage and freeze to death.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

woo hoo, Iron Fist is on board! according to wiki, here's the lineup thus far, which damn well better be longer than this:

* Captain America

* Daredevil

* Deadpool

* Green Goblin

* Hulk

* Human Torch

* Invisible Woman

* Iron Fist

* Iron Man

* Luke Cage

* Mister Fantastic

* Songbird

* Spider-Man

* Storm

* Thing

* Thor

* Venom

* Wolverine

...and the list of possibly playable/possibly cameos:

* Bishop †

* Black Widow †

* Cable †

* Hercules †

* Dagger †

* Maria Hill †

* Multiple Man †

* Nick Fury †

* She-Hulk †

* War Machine †

early reports have the game looking to start in the middle of Bendis' Secret War, leading right into Civil War.

• 2 weeks later...

:hotcostner: 's got a trailer!

lookin' good. i for one applaud Activision's controversial stance to apparently run with the silent adaptation from the :FHD: flick. Ive always liked that version better, the merc-without-a-mouth just feels right.

Archived