Hondo's Bar

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

The NZA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, so...there goes my idea for using carnage one day. 's alright, was really just for the novelty of it anyway.

I don't have Venom, so I don't know how much Carnage differs from him, but he's nothing like Spidey (besides the swinging).

He has a dash/pounce, an area attack that quickly shoots a bunch of tendril, a close range combo attack where his hands turn into axes and...uh...something else.

Not really anything special, except that the tendril AOE thing can be spammed quickly and does pretty decent damage.

Apparently there was some issue involving the Marvel/Disney merger and Marvel's previous deal with Activision. As of Midnight, December 31st 2009 all DLC for MAU2 has been permanently removed from Live Marketplace and PSN.

If you didn't get it...you can't.

Really sucks. I barely got mine in time.

You had me freaking out too, but everyone can cool thier tits, apparently the DLC will be back up on the 7th. Read it on Marvel's site here.

....I hope

I haven't been able to find an official word one way or another, just a bunch of hearsay and conjecture.

I really hope it's put back up soon, people with the DLC can't play online with those without it and vice versa (unless you get a free multiplayer pack, which was also removed).

OK get this. An official statement from VV on the herohq forums.

Hi folks,

Regarding DLC, here’s the official word:

The Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Downloadable Content was a limited time offer, expiring on December 31, 2009.

That’s all the information I have right now. If there are any further developments, I’ll bring them to the boards. Thanks all!

:love:

What. The. Fuck?! :mad:

I'm glad I nabbed them when I did, but still this is how they deliver this kind of news?!

I repeat.

:mad:

What. The. Fuck?! :mad:

• 5 months later...

You're an overly-average game.

DLC is back up because the people demanded it. BUT only until 2011, after which it will be gone FOREVER. Their position is "We're giving you plenty of notice this time, no bitching or whining." (not an actual quote).

Downloaded the DLC last night. Can finally play this now. The achievement whore/ocd completionist in me just couldn't bring myself to start up a game knowing that there was a glass ceiling of 1000/1250, since I hadn't downloaded the DLC prior to it being pulled the first time. Anyone want to party up!?

Space, you've a sickness and you need help.

that said, looking forward to trying out Cable and Carnage at your place sometime...curious for love of the characters, but im with JZA on this game.

Archived