Hondo's Bar

do you buy music

Lorelei

do u buy music  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

do you buy music?

some people like to support artists and that because it's their job and their career and they put so much time and effort into it.. and money for the studio.. so if you don't spend money on who you like you cant get more albums from them

some people think CDs are overpriced so maybe they buy that itunes shit instead.. idk much about this

i think music should be free and instead of spending on cds i spend to go to their gigs

what do you think

191177.jpg

do you buy music?

some people like to support artists and that because it's their job and their career and they put so much time and effort into it.. and money for the studio.. so if you don't spend money on who you like you cant get more albums from them

some people think CDs are overpriced so maybe they buy that itunes shit instead.. idk much about this

i think music should be free and instead of spending on cds i spend to go to their gigs

what do you think

191177.jpg

:blink:!!!!!

no i don't at all, the only way i could imagine myself buying a cd is if it was by a band who were not yet established.

i don't think led zeppelin or the hendrix estate will miss my €20 or so

do you consider it STEALING?

this is a good question, Lo - good thread here on it too i f you're interested.

its also a funny question; other day this guy was talking about buying some CDs and it took a second, i was thinking "people still pay for music?". You forget not everyone does what you do.

i rarely, rarely buy them. only when there's either a cool promo (Kweli's Beautiful Struggle brought a good shirt), or out of love, like the new Wu album, next chance i finally get. i figure, i cant bitch about the state of the industry if i dont at least support the goods.

itunes is shit quality though i can download 320kbps+ mp3s or lossless if i want for free

also i get albums when they're leaked before they're even sold in the shops here

i've only got 1 legit cd and that's Nas - Illmatic

I'm guessing

Merzbox is a box-set of CDs by Japanese noise musician Merzbow, released in 2000 by Extreme Records. The set consists of 50 CDs, spanning Merzbow's career from 1979 to 1997. Thirty of the discs are reissues from LP, CD, or cassette. The remaining twenty are previously unreleased albums. The Merzbox also contains a t-shirt, posters, book, medallion, stickers, postcards and two CD-ROMs. It is encased in a custom designed "leather fetish box" and limited to 1000 copies.

Isn't a legit cd then? Or a legit set of 50 cd's?

Download most everything now, though I pay for a lot of it. A LOVE Amazon's DRM free MP3 service. It really is awesome, great selection, and they are cheap. Hell I bought the Silent Hill 2 OST off of them. Bunch of other stuff too, no album there has cost me more than 8.99. So props to them.

Download most everything now, though I pay for a lot of it. A LOVE Amazon's DRM free MP3 service.

i had no idea amazon was DRM free, that's actually good to hear. that shit's retarded; i once bought a song from Rescue Me by an obscure band that i coudlnt find anywhere but wal-mart or somewhere; formatted my PC a bit and now it doesnt work. never again. this must be what PC gamers feel like when the industry punishes them for legitimate purchases.

i had no idea amazon was DRM free, that's actually good to hear. that shit's retarded; i once bought a song from Rescue Me by an obscure band that i coudlnt find anywhere but wal-mart or somewhere; formatted my PC a bit and now it doesnt work. never again. this must be what PC gamers feel like when the industry punishes them for legitimate purchases.

i used to steal cdkeys from internet cafes

I think he means he downloaded them because they're too rare and expensive, and therefore doesn't own legit copies.

Um, ditto here with most things said. I try to purchase stuff from smaller artists I'm really passionate about but then my dilemma is that I can't find stuff by them because best buy doesn't carry them. Now that I'm in NY things have changed and there are insane cd shops so I feel a bit worse about DLing some of these bands, but it's better that I listen to em than not. And I try and go see most of em live so I do what I can, but I'm not going to stop listening to the music, that's for goddamned sure.

He did say he purchased it over on the knoll.

just bought dis:

Merzbox is a box-set of CDs by Japanese noise musician Merzbow, released in 2000 by Extreme Records. The set consists of 50 CDs, spanning Merzbow's career from 1979 to 1997. Thirty of the discs are reissues from LP, CD, or cassette. The remaining twenty are previously unreleased albums. The Merzbox also contains a t-shirt, posters, book, medallion, stickers, postcards and two CD-ROMs. It is encased in a custom designed "leather fetish box" and limited to 1000 copies.

Proof

i do buy music. I support artists. becuase they work their asses off. Wether it be thru Zune or buy the cd's. I have like a gahzillion Cd's. It's sick. you'd puke if you saw it. i can't show you tho. becuase they are in storage. Unless they are on my zune. which i buy points for. i can honestly say that besides the whol 'playlist' thing, all my music i listen to is totally legit.

I have cassesttes. with music. I am gross with music. i have dvd's. i buy dvd's that I could download for free. i spend monies on new artists i don't ever listen to again.

I own and have bought every peice of music in my collection. my first album ( a kids collection from the 80's), is on record. I own a record player. i am an avid fan of...almost anything.

it's a sickness, i swear.

Archived