Hondo's Bar

Wall.E!

I haven't seen this movie yet (I was visiting my mom for a week, and it's really hard to drag her into an animated movie, she really has to not be interested in every other movie out at the time, including art house stuff, to b persuaded, even though she always loves them when I do get her to go to one), so I didn't explore the site much, but I did notice a 2057 copyright on the bottom. That made me laugh.

I am going to see this movie really soon. I haven't missed a Pixar opening weekend since Toy Story 2 and I'm jonzin'.

I think it'd be nice if people people would stop seeing this being in the animation forum as a slight. That said, I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie

um, that's not what i'm saying. all this time, i was under the impression that the animation forum was for television animation and anime and that movies, whether animated or not, went into the movie forum...it might be the forum description/title that's been confusing me all this time, i dunno. i kept wondering why no one was talking about this movie, until i realized it was in here. since wall-e is a movie, i felt it should go into the movie forum, not because the animation forum is less than. i thought this forum was for television.

Link, y'all!

that's probably a good idea. honestly, just changing the title and description would probably work (i mean, the only examples listed in the description are tv series...hence the confusion). then you won't have to move any threads.

Someone actually brought that up before, and it was mentioned that all of those (Cowboy Bebop, Batman Beyond, Gundam, Transformers, Dragonball) all have animated movies to their credit (Gundam has something like 4,510,936 movies).

Gundam is a very unique show. Giant piloted bipedal robots fighting in outer space. Nothing else like it.

Just finished watching Wall-E. I have to admit I was a bit over-hyped as was expecting a soul-shakingly profound experience, so it did fall a tad short of my expectations. I'm not sure Pixar outdid themselves (because the bar is so high at Pixar, but it was definitely at least a par for the greatest studio in film history. It easily places above A Bug's Life and Cars for me. I'm not sure it it reaches the heights of Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo, but I feel it's around Ratatouille. Again, this is all high praise.

If it gets submitted for nomination in Best Animated Feature category, it will likely win (the year's not over, but I'm not aware of anything that could contend with it). Pixar has only lost two of these awards; Monsters, Inc lost to Shrek (a result I disagree with) and Cars lost to Happy Feet (a result I do agree with).

Official Academy Award regulations state that any movie nominated for this category can still be nominated for Best Picture, but not submitting it in the animation category would help get it nominated in the Best Picture category.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i also saw this movie recently. it is a nice little story and although i would like a little more dialogue, it was a good pixar effort. i would put pixar's recent outings as follows: cars, rat-tot-tulle, monsters, walle.

is it just me, or did they rip off my favorite childhood robot, johnny 5?!?! down to those flaps for eyebrows! grr. least give those originators some credit!

Archived