Hondo's Bar

Soulja Boy, 50 Cent

Lorelei

epiccc faillllllll

wow seriously old meme you might wanna check out the library come up with some new content

you need to step up and at least put down some constructive criticism why soulja boy and fiddy suck

lets look at it this way: SB; uploads some shit to youtube, people love it, guy gets signed

fiddy: well he aint a ziillionaire for nothing. sure he might not be lyrically great but its great music to chill to, parties. i mean, hell, the production is really well done, the guy KNOWS what he's doing, and that's why it sells.

what makes me laugh is people comparing soulja boy and fiddy to "great" rappers, when yes, i'll accept that comparison from someone who'll compare em to the likes of wu-tang and common (or other great lyricist of your choice)..

.. thing is i aint standing for the majority of you dicks comparing these commercial acts to pathetic sacks of shit like linkin park

just because these guys are commercially successful doesn't mean you can slam a whack band that can't mc nor play guitars and think you're standing from a superior perspective

yeah i hear that song about 20 times a day. A bunch of 35 year old wanna be playahz (fucking whatever.) play it where i work. THANK GOD i switched to nights and now i only hear twice a day. Otherwise I'd have to stick steak knives in my ears.

As for 50 cent...meh. I haven't heard an original thought out of his head as of yet. so yar. he's pretty much the same as every other mainstream rapper as far as i can tell.

yeah i hear that song about 20 times a day. A bunch of 35 year old wanna be playahz (fucking whatever.) play it where i work. THANK GOD i switched to nights and now i only hear twice a day. Otherwise I'd have to stick steak knives in my ears.

As for 50 cent...meh. I haven't heard an original thought out of his head as of yet. so yar. he's pretty much the same as every other mainstream rapper as far as i can tell.

well that's not the artists fault is it? he didn't expect 35 year old men to play it 20 times per day

fiddy's older stuff was actually dope. just look where he originates from. end of the day being a rapper is get up off the streets by means of artistic creativity. he's certainly done that. people like him because they don't have to concentrate when they hear his music, they get the instrumentation of hip-hop, (which like i said, is well produced), and simple rhymes.

"DAT FAT NIGGA THOUGHT LEAN BACK WAS IN DA CLUB/ MY SHIT SOLD 11MIL UR SHIT WAS A DUD"

must... not... crapshack....

don't tell me you're gonna start spewing "it's not music" again

epiccc faillllllll

wow seriously old meme you might wanna check out the library come up with some new content

you need to step up and at least put down some constructive criticism why soulja boy and fiddy suck

lets look at it this way: SB; uploads some shit to youtube, people love it, guy gets signed

fiddy: well he aint a ziillionaire for nothing. sure he might not be lyrically great but its great music to chill to, parties. i mean, hell, the production is really well done, the guy KNOWS what he's doing, and that's why it sells.

what makes me laugh is people comparing soulja boy and fiddy to "great" rappers, when yes, i'll accept that comparison from someone who'll compare em to the likes of wu-tang and common (or other great lyricist of your choice)..

.. thing is i aint standing for the majority of you dicks comparing these commercial acts to pathetic sacks of shit like linkin park

just because these guys are commercially successful doesn't mean you can slam a whack band that can't mc nor play guitars and think you're standing from a superior perspective

Well here's the score.

When people ask me why I don't like rap music much when people say "What's wrong with it?" I point to Soulja Boy and go "Pretty much that." because pretty much anything I am annoyed by in rap music, he's done.

1) Turning it into glorified R&B (And I mean the stupid bullshit we have now, not the old good R&B)

2) Taking one bit of music and remixing it over and over (I hear those fucking cabana drums fucking EVERYWHERE)

3) Using music from other sources. Ever hear Soulja Girl? You know that haunting background rhythm? It's a slowed down version of the fucking Charlie Brown Show theme!

4) Lyrics? We don't need no stinking lyrics! Let's just stitch a bunch of words together whether they rhyme or not and repeat them over and over again.

5) New Wave took more effort than any of his songs. All he has to do is mix a bunch of sounds together and he has music, there's Radio DJs who work harder than this guy does.

Soulja Boy is one of the biggest hack artists out there right now, his music is repetitive, unoriginal, and annoying and he couldn't write a real song to save his ass.

As for Fitty, I'll borrow a quote from Nick here. He got rich and quit trying. And even when he was trying he was just okay and let's not even get into what a douchebag the man himself is because that's for another forum.

soulja boy, 50, and timbaland do not comprise the entity of "modern rappers"

hip-hop was once a very lyrical genre, full of intelligence. it still is, if you have the intention of looking. seriously, it isn't that hard with the internet to go over to a musical review site, or hell, read the guardian or whatever to figure out where the good musical alternative to what mtv's repping. hip-hop went mainstream, and yes it turned into chart music. you look at the sex pistols and compare them with green day and realise they're both dubbed "punk rock" and surely you realise someone's misinterpreted something along the way

regardless of the debatable technicality of what real hip-hop is, the point is the two aforementioned "rappers" SB and 50 haven't risen from white suburbia and have won xfactor or american idol, they've taken what they've had and they've successful turned into musical businessmen. what gives u the right to criticise them. sure, stupid people listen to them, because it's stupid music, designed for stupid people, but hey, it's certainly not produced by stupid people

after all, making millions is hardly stupid

soulja boy, 50, and timbaland do not comprise the entity of "modern rappers"

hip-hop was once a very lyrical genre, full of intelligence. it still is, if you have the intention of looking. seriously, it isn't that hard with the internet to go over to a musical review site, or hell, read the guardian or whatever to figure out where the good musical alternative to what mtv's repping. hip-hop went mainstream, and yes it turned into chart music. you look at the sex pistols and compare them with green day and realise they're both dubbed "punk rock" and surely you realise someone's misinterpreted something along the way

regardless of the debatable technicality of what real hip-hop is, the point is the two aforementioned "rappers" SB and 50 haven't risen from white suburbia and have won xfactor or american idol, they've taken what they've had and they've successful turned into musical businessmen. what gives u the right to criticise them. sure, stupid people listen to them, because it's stupid music, designed for stupid people, but hey, it's certainly not produced by stupid people

after all, making millions is hardly stupid

So what you're saying is "Yes it's watered down bullshit, and it's bad but you should like it anyway"

My I can't argue with that logic.

How dare we criticize something that's bad when clearly it's popular!

Seriously, do you even listen to yourself?

why don't you just say "i don't like them" and be done with it i don't need to read the same shit more than once. if ur going 2 post come up with something counter-productive at least

i know u dont like them i know u dont enjoy their music. great, you've turned this into noise thread #2.

enjoy not being able to understand the meaning behind the words and as if everything is directed and questioned towards your musical taste and judgement

why don't you just say "i don't like them" and be done with it i don't need to read the same shit more than once. if ur going 2 post come up with something counter-productive at least

i know u dont like them i know u dont enjoy their music. great, you've turned this into noise thread #2.

enjoy not being able to understand the meaning behind the words and as if everything is directed and questioned towards your musical taste and judgement

that's rich coming from you.

I mean really. MY HEAD JUS EXPLODED WIF RICHNESS.

qfjrwmkvfwnm@@@111!!!

I'll go one better than counter-productive LMAO is he really that retarded?

I'll do something productive... this thread is...

failredo-38.jpg

PS fiddy and solja boy suck big floppy donkey dick. Have a nice day.

better than the shit you listen to

fiddy > nin, linkpark park, dragonforce, iron maiden

Genius, I don't listen to iron maiden, never heard of dragon force, linkin park very little, and nin very little. I listen to an entirely different music genre.

eh, why am I bothering with intelligent conversation again?

Lemme know when your head stops hurting from them big words and I'll post again. Don't try too hard to digest it. Baby steps. Just take it slow, kinda like when you process that the stove is hot and you need to move your hand so it doesn't become well done, and then finally you lift your hand and start blowing on it, while trying to not drool or blow spittle in every direction.

Archived