Hondo's Bar

Questionably Content

Reviews up for Never Cry Werewolf and Jack Brooks Monster Slayer

Soon to come: "Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds", "Iron Man", "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (both by request), "Quarantine." I also plan on doing the 13 best horror films to watch on Halloween, basically just 13 fun movies that are good to watch with a group of friends on/near Halloween.

Also feedback is welcome and encouraged if for nothing more than to stop the train of posts by nobody but me in here. And I do take requests.

Reread your Indy review, you have a few grammatical errors, namely, under the 7 major complaints, #2 ends abruptly. It shoudl have something to the effect of "considered nothing." after the comma. There was another error, but I can't spot it now and I don't want to reread the whole thing.

My sentiment is similar to yours, except I didn't care about the snake thing. I think ever movie needs one as a nod, and more can be fun, but it's not critical. My big gripe is that Mutt is a stupid name, forgivable for just another character, but not for a character you want to have take over the mantle. Can you imagine a movie 20 years down the line called "Mutt Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds" of something to that effect?

Reread your Indy review, you have a few grammatical errors, namely, under the 7 major complaints, #2 ends abruptly. It shoudl have something to the effect of "considered nothing." after the comma. There was another error, but I can't spot it now and I don't want to reread the whole thing.

My sentiment is similar to yours, except I didn't care about the snake thing. I think ever movie needs one as a nod, and more can be fun, but it's not critical. My big gripe is that Mutt is a stupid name, forgivable for just another character, but not for a character you want to have take over the mantle. Can you imagine a movie 20 years down the line called "Mutt Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds" of something to that effect?

Man, have you read my other shit, it's FULL of grammatical errors. Usually because I write them within the space of an hour when I have free time (Read: almost never) I vow to go back and fix them but I'm not exactly widely spread at the moment so it's not my top priority.

As for the Mutt thing, that was just a bad product of the fact that all the Indy characters are named after dogs.

As for the Mutt thing, that was just a bad product of the fact that all the Indy characters are named after dogs.

All of them? You meant both? The point is, as a film title, Indiana Jones sounds cool, Mutt Jones does not. Mind you, the name Spike Jones is already taken, but shit, you could have done Tennessee Jones, or something.

nice! ive only finished like six of those, but in your honor, i went out and got dead-alive recently, finally gonna see it soon.

whenever i see House listed, i think of this old 80s movie (series?) where i remember some skeleton cowboy thing that was tied to the house, something to do with ancestors living there....any idea what flick im thinking of?

also, interesting to read your Saw V review. i skipped most of 2 and all of 3, but sitting at work one night expecting shit, IV turned out to be alright, sounds like this was along those lines.

also, interesting to read your Saw V review. i skipped most of 2 and all of 3, but sitting at work one night expecting shit, IV turned out to be alright, sounds like this was along those lines.

You skipped most of saw 2???? I can understand 3 being skipped, but i thought two was brilliant.

5 was better than i expected and one of the better films i've seen all year.

nice! ive only finished like six of those, but in your honor, i went out and got dead-alive recently, finally gonna see it soon.

whenever i see House listed, i think of this old 80s movie (series?) where i remember some skeleton cowboy thing that was tied to the house, something to do with ancestors living there....any idea what flick im thinking of?

It's about fucking time, you shan't be disappointed, keep in mind the 97 minute version (which is fortunately the most prevalent one) is the preferred version of fans and Peter Jackson himself, the 114 minute one is a little bloated and a tad slow, and the 83 minute version blows dogs and loves it.

The movie you are describing is House 2. House 1 features a skeleton soldier thing tied to the house, but House 2 is the one that went the ancestors variety, it was a lot more campy than the first.

Yeah you didn't miss much with Saw 3, Saw 2 was pretty good and was definately a worthwhile sequel but it was the first step into shit and Saw 4 was the first step out and they stepped even further out with 5. I think that just maybe by this time next year we may have the best one yet (or so I'm hoping)

ah, ok, so it was that series. and yeah, i recall camp.

DoJ - wasnt for lack of wanting, i think it was a bad bootleg someone had at work. i just remember a gross scene with an eye or something? not much past that, might be worth seeing proper.

and yeah, hopefully Dead-Alive this week. i just gotta get away from LBP long enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh, I despise Happy Feet and everything about it. Of course I hate penguin movies on principle but that certainly didn't do anything to lift my spirits. Somewhere around Robin Williams' ultra flamboyant emperor penguin, the overly cutesy OMFG PENGWENZ moments, and a movie about tap dancing penguins I was done.

And yes, Punisher came out Friday. It's... different.

In reference to your comment about the only exception to the rule (non-Pixar CGI movie are not good) being Shrek, I implore you to watch Happy Feet if you have not already. If you have seen Happy Feet, I hope you just forgot about it, because in my opinion, it gives Pixar a run for it's money.

I'd honestly, and i'm not joking, rather french you for an hour and a half, than watch happy feet, ever ever ever again.