Hondo's Bar

Diablo 3 baby!!!

gunsmithx

eh, Diablo 1 got ported, i expect their non-MMO's (Strarcraft 2, this one) get to get ports down the road - way things go over to the 360, shouldnt be too terribly hard nor a bad port. Valve came around, Blizzard will too eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hell I'd go get my own lappie just to play D3, damnit. The split between consumer whore & responsible provider/husband is still waaaay to close.

Jesus christ. This was a completely idle statement at the time. Maybe I have a problem.

Love the image there.

• 3 months later...
I would love to fight the stay-puft marshmallow man. It would also be cool if Nick could resist posting every damn thing he reads to the site.

not gonna happen. hey, you could just read this one for the highlights. imagine all the filtering id do for you.

• 2 years later...

oh snap

Awaken, Diablo III fans! As I have repeated diligently over the past few weeks, Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime is to reveal details of the Diablo III Beta on Monday, May 9th at 1:30 pm Pacific Time (4:30 pm Eastern Time) during the Activision Blizzard First Quarter 2011 Financial Results conference call.

On February 9th, during the Q4 2010 Results conference call, Mike Morhaime indicated details of Diablo III beta would surface at the next conference call, which takes place in less than 48-hours from now.

“As for Diablo III, development continues to go well, and we’re very excited about the game. Our most recent public showcase for Diablo III was at the G-Star show in Korea, where demo stations attracted huge lines of players. I’m looking forward to sharing some more news about the game and our upcoming beta on the next call,” said Mike Morhaime on February 9th, 2011. “Finally, I wanted to remind everyone that we just announced our BlizzCon show for 2011, which will be taking place on October 21 and 22 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Our shows keep getting better and better every year, and we are looking forward to meeting with our players and sharing exciting news about Blizzard at the event.”

Speculation on when Diablo III Beta might start has less than 48-hours lifespan. Mike Morhaime is likely to provide an approximate or official date for the launch of Diablo III Beta. Let’s flashback in time to the moment Mike Morhaime revealed an approximate timeframe for the launch of StarCraft II beta. It was during the Activision Blizzard Q4 2009 conference held on February 9, 2010. Mike Morhaime was true to his announcement and StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Beta Testing began on February 17th — just 8 days after his speech.

This was the statement provided by Mike Morhaime concerning the launch of StarCraft II Beta Testing:

“I do have an exciting news regarding Starcraft II. We are slated to be in close beta testing later this month. The beta test will be conducted in a global scale, including thousands of testers in North America, Europe, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand.

We expect a tremendous response from our players, and we are eager to begin this phase of development as we enter the final stretch before release.”

With bits of past examples echoing through time, one might speculate that Diablo III Beta Testing might begin very soon. Can Diablo III fans expect beta in late May? On June? Find out this coming Monday at 1:30pm PDT / 4:30pm EST.

gunsmith pictured below.

neaWJ.jpg

The one coming up next week will prob'ly be a closed beta, which means Blizzard friends and family, but they generally open up shortly thereafter.

Most of the time, Blizzard betas are essentially a lottery. You sign up when it's available, they email you a code and a direct download link if you get in.

• 2 months later...

first, some rumors from the beta leak

Beta will start in waves. North America first, Europe later.

"Real Money" Auction House. You can sell and buy Items for Real Money. You have to pay fee to Blizzard for it. You can also use an Ingame-Gold Acution House.

Blizzard will not sell Gold or Items. It is just Player to Player Trading.

Every Class has its own introductionvideo.

The Auction House has an amazing search system it sorts the items by the best stats for your charakter.

...yeah, i don't think that one sounds awesome, either. supporters mention that gold-farming and shit like this is rampant in every MMO (there's still sites making money off Diablo 2 loot), might as well be regulated so fewer people get ripped on ebay. it's a hot topic for discussion, either way.

Beta contains all five classes and ends with Leoric.

Hardcore Modus is in (No more Infos)

Match-Making-System for Random Groups and PvP-Arena.

Sharing-Stash confirmed.

Banner-System: You have a Virtual-Banner for your Achievements. It contains all Achievements from your account (not Character).

Demon Hunter has two resources: Hate and Discipline

He uses Hate for Attackspells. Hate regenerates very fast.

Discipline is for defensive abilities and regenerates slowly.

No changes on the resources-system for the other classes.

related screens:

va0Sd.jpg

q1UIh.jpg

and finally, some fun with fake (but excellent) boxart:

RemNj.jpg

29QyK.png