Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Plays Diablo II!!!

TopDawg540

I gotta install this on my computer (Cj also has to reinstall), but we're both definitely in. The only thing is he works most nights from 3pm to 11pm. During that time I"m down for getting on, but I'll leave most of the work to him. Also, I've never played before. Is it pretty easy to pick up?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, itd be awesome to have you guys. and if its at all like 1, which im fairly sure it is, its just a hack and slash game with clicking the crap out of your mouse and a few keys for healing/spells and such. not hard at all, and we'll at all try to start at a low level together too!

drift - ah, i see. well, what skills are left open, then?

bought bish's $5 keys, downloading diablo 2 for the next, uh, 7 hours, then the expansion. should be on board soon. any word on who's using mics?

Ok, I was thinking Wednesday nights woul probably be a good time for me and gunsmith, how does that work for everyone else? Yahve said he was interested as well, so we should have more then enough people. I already have a non-hondos character, so I figure we can create characters specifically for playing on these hondos games. That way no character gets too far ahead of anyone else.

of course the lower character will catch up rather fast as well unless you get into the 90's :P and I'm sure we can set up a couple of differnt' nights too

Any day any time is fine with me. And yeah... lower characters catch up fast, especially on eight-filled games.

I think I'm connecting, but I don't ever hear anyone... and Angel's hot party wants a password from me.

Nobody else is on. Angel's Hot Party, D3, Murloc and Relax are individual chat rooms that people who join the server can be in. Angel's Hot Party is a mod chat room, so it requires a password.

installed D2, downloading LOD tonight. should be ready for this weds night (i normally work those nights, not this or next week though).

im trying to keep a separate class than everyone else so's we got variety, but if drifter's married to the pally, is barbarian free? mal, you're definitely an assassin, yes?

also, that's one mic so far. i might have to pony up just to hear his sweet, sweet voice.

installed D2, downloading LOD tonight. should be ready for this weds night (i normally work those nights, not this or next week though).

im trying to keep a separate class than everyone else so's we got variety, but if drifter's married to the pally, is barbarian free? mal, you're definitely an assassin, yes?

also, that's one mic so far. i might have to pony up just to hear his sweet, sweet voice.

I'm in the chat room right fucking now, waiting for drifter and getting more irritated the longer this drags on. I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO I... can't lie to you.

Still. I could be NOT sitting at my computer... that's something. Still. I'm right there right now.

hey bro i downloaded LOD too

we don't have to buy cd-keys we can play TCP/IP. fuck battle.net. i'm being serious

wouldn't this be a good idea for people who don't have the games/can't be fucked to buy them just download the game and play TCP/IP

i pretty much figured i'd be playing alone anyway but i'm just putting the whole hamachi thing out there. it just makes so much sense as opposed to people paying for a 10 year old game when they can play for free. a lot of forums and communities play games like this so don't think i'm suggesting some weird obscurity

hey bro i downloaded LOD too

we don't have to buy cd-keys we can play TCP/IP. fuck battle.net. i'm being serious

wouldn't this be a good idea for people who don't have the games/can't be fucked to buy them just download the game and play TCP/IP

i pretty much figured i'd be playing alone anyway but i'm just putting the whole hamachi thing out there. it just makes so much sense as opposed to people paying for a 10 year old game when they can play for free. a lot of forums and communities play games like this so don't think i'm suggesting some weird obscurity

Lorelei. Shut the fuck up. Your suggestion that we steal the game and play over some third-party service have been shot down, repeatedly. Get it through your head. Nobody here has spoken up in favor of this plan except you, but let me come right out and say it - We are not stealing the game and playing over Hamachi. If that's what you're doing, you won't be playing with us. Just because you can't be arsed to buy a copy doesn't mean the rest of us are going to follow suit.

how about you quote every single post in music and then tell everyone to shut the fuck up because they downloaded an album

not as if blizzard are some poor indie game company after all

This isn't about comparisons. This is about what we have been organizing for this event for the past several weeks and how this plan isn't going to change just for you. I am telling YOU that WE are not going to change what WE are doing because YOU don't want to buy a copy. This matter is separate from the legality of such matters, it is merely letting you know that we have all procured legitimate copies of the game, and are preparing to play these copies over battle.net.

Seriously though, fuck TCP/IP Diablo. It opens the whole experience up to hacking and modding, and that makes the game boring and uninteresting and unchallenging.

i got nothing against bootlegging, its just that, the majority already had the game, and then gunsmith went and bought/set us up a server, so its pretty much his call - he says battlenet, i put down the fiver to play ball. Sure, blizzard's swimming in money, but that didnt really come into play for me - bish's link takes your five bucks and lets you download a straight copy to your drive. my dvd-rom sounds not unlike a plane taking off, so that worked for me.

i pretty much figured i'd be playing alone anyway

apparently there are 5 of you, i was giving ideas so maybe other members would increase that amount

edit: i'd personally pay $5 for the cd-keys. i think what i didn't make clear is that i didn't want you to switch to hamachi because of me, as i know i'm not welcome to play with you guys anyway.

apparently there are 5 of you, i was giving ideas so maybe other members would increase that amount

edit: i'd personally pay $5 for the cd-keys. i think what i didn't make clear is that i didn't want you to switch to hamachi because of me, as i know i'm not welcome to play with you guys anyway.

From where I stood on the matter, you weren't only welcome, you were coming. You're not as hated as you think you are - which is not to say that you're not hated. You've pushed a lot of the wrong buttons. I don't hate you though, I've held friends that were far worse than you in the way they behaved.

Nobody told you you couldn't come that I saw. Quit playin' the pariah and wait until you're out and out told ya ain't welcome before you assume ya ain't.

Archived