Hondo's Bar

Rock Band 2

The NZA

Interesting bit of news-not that I'm holding my breath or anything(looking much more forward to GH4 for the drumkit), but it looks like RB2 will see an October release here, so it'll possibly be going head to head with GH4.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...that's the final official list then? I knew the other one was too good to be true. There's some good stuff on there, but honestly none of it makes me really excited.

I know what you're thinking. I wanted also really wanted Bat Out Of Hell, but I'll take what I can get.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine list and a lot of those will be fun enough to play, but the closest thing to a must have great song on there (in my opinion, anyway) is Carry On Wayward Son...and I've already played that. But then, I'm usually more interested in the crowd-pleasing classics than the more obscure songs - even if they do suit the game better.

OK, so Konami's Rock Revolution's setlist has been revealed:

All The Small Things - blink-182

Chop Suey! - System Of A Down

Cum On Feel The Noize - Quiet Riot (Slade)

Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy

Detroit Rock City - Kiss

Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue

Highway Star - Deep Purple

Holy Wars… The Punishment Due - Megadeth

Pull Me Under - Dream Theater

Somebody Told Me - The Killers

Spoonman - Soundgarden

Stone Cold Crazy - Queen

The Joker And The Thief - Wolfmother

Spirit Of Radio - Rush

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

White Room - Cream

Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row

Dirty Little Secret - All American Rejects

Last Resort - Papa Roach

Round And Round - Ratt

Still Of The Night - Whitesnake

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

No One Like You - Scorpions

Diary Of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones

Falling Away From Me - Korn

The End Of Heartache - Killswitch Engage

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden

Walk - Pantera

Heading Out To The Highway - Judas Priest

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

Pain - Three Days Grace

All My Life - Foo Fighters

Am I Evil? - Diamond Head / Metallica

Bad Reputation - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Our Truth - Lacuna Coil

Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne

Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford

Magic Man - Heart

Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

Given Up - Linkin Park

OK so, with only 41 songs to RB2's 84 (+20 free DLC) and Activison promised GHWT will have more songs than any previous GH game (GH3 had 73 songs, but that includes the boss battles, co-op only songs, and 25 bonus songs), and going against two established brands, it's gonna be hard for Rock Revolution to be on anyone's radar. That said setlist is pretty good. Some overlap with RB, RB DLC and RB2 (11 by my count), and at least most of the artists have been featured in previous or upcoming GH/RB rhythm games. There are some songs here that are worthy of a round of applause though. Dr. Feelgood, We're Not Going To Take It, Stone Cold Crazy, Spirit of Radio, and White Room come to mind. The biggest thing I'm reading from this is Queen is in the business of licensing songs to rhythm games! Also, Spirit of Radio might be on it's way to RB!

Also, release dates for Rock Band 2 are leaked:

Xbox 360- September 14th

PS3- October 19th

Wii- November 18th

That's only about 5 weeks for 360 owners.

And maybe a year or two for Australian 360 users. EB has an estimated release date for October for what I'm assuming it RB2, and has anyone seen instruments for the Konami RR yet? Realistically it's best avenue to beat the titans is price.

Heh. Between that and Chad Smith's shining endorsement of of GH4 drums(although he's clearly seen to be sniffing from a large plastic bag with Activision $$$$ on the side, and Mama told me never to trust a man with white rings around his nose) as the single most durable, realistic he's played I'm inclined to wonder where it stops. You know what else is the most realistic drumkit seen yet? Fucking drums like folks have been playing for the last thousand years.

Trophies for Rock Band 2, the acheivements will probably be the same.

IGN has published the full list of PS3 trophies for Rock Band 2, with images. They don't have the values for each trophy, but If you're going for all of them to achieve platinum, it's going to take a while. You can peruse the full list on the jump.

Skill based

• Solid Gold, Baby! — Gold star any song

• Flawless Fretwork — 100% a song on Expert guitar

• Flawless Drumming — 100% a song on Expert drums

• Flawless Singing — 100% a song on Expert vocals

• Flawless Grrove — 100% a song on Expert bass only using up-strums

• Flawless Guitar Solo — 100% a guitar solo using on the solo buttons

• The Bachman-Turner Award — Maintain deployed overdrive for 90 seconds

• Million Point Club — Earn more than 1,000,000 points in a single song

• Bragging Rights — Defeat a player in either Score Duel or Tug Of War

• Comeback Kid — Defeat the last player that beat you in either Score Duel or Tug Of War

• Band Savior — Be a savior 3 times during one song

• Hello Cleveland! — Deploy vocal overdrive 4 times in a single song

Band World Tour mode

• Got Wheels — Won a van in World Tour

• Open Road — Won a bus in World Tour

• Jet Setter — Won a jet in World Tour

• Worldwide Sensation — Gain the ability to play around the world

• West Coast Performer — Played a set on the west coast of North America

• God Save The Band — Played a set in the United Kingdom

• Heartland Performer — Played a set in Middle America

• Western Europe Performer — Played a set in Western Europe

• East Coast Performer — Played a set on the east coast of North America

• Eastern European Performer — Played a set in Eastern Europe

• Road Dog — Played in every venue in the world

• One Million Fans — Reached 1,000,000 fans in Band World Tour

• Secret trophy

• Secret trophy

• Secret trophy

• Secret trophy

• Secret trophy

Exploration based

• Clothes To The Edge — Buy over $100,000 worth of clothes

• Needs More Umlauts! — Made a band logo

• The San Dimas 4th Annual Award — Competed in a battle of the bands

• You're Hired! — Hired a staff member

• You Killed The Radio Star — Made a music video

Tour Challenge

• Along For The Ride — Beat an instrument-specific challenge while playing another instrument

• Challenge Novice — Complete 25 Challenges on Medium Difficulty, or 10 Challenges on Hard Difficulty, or 5 Challenges on Expert Difficulty

• Challenge Master — Complete 25 Challenges on Hard Difficuly, or 10 Challenges on Expert Difficulty

• Challenge Savant — Complete 25 Challenges on Expert Difficulty

• The Final Countdown — Unlock an impossible challenge

• Stage Igniters — Beat the impossible band challenge

• Lord Of The Strings — Beat the impossible guitar challenge

• AN-I-MAL!!! — Beat the impossible drum challenge

• Virtuoso — Beat the impossible vocal challenge

• Groove Assassin — Beat the impossible Bass challenge

• Buy A Real Instrument Already! — Beat an impossible challenge on Expert difficulty

Drum Trainer

• Beat It! — Complete all beats at 60BPM or higher, or half of the beats at 140BPM or higher

• The Beat Goes On — Complete all beats at 100BPM or higher, or half of the beats at 180BPM or higher

• Fill Me In — Complete all fills at 60BPM or higher, or half of the fills at 140BPM or higher

• Fill Legend — Complete all fills at 100BPM or higher, or half of the fills at 180BPM or higher

• 2 weeks later...

So, according to an IGN interview, the 20 free DLC songs available of RB2's launch day will all be from artists not on the RB2 disc. So this leads to the speculation, what artists will be featured? Many some that have been in featured in DLC, or that were on RB1's disc, or maybe some artists that have not been featured in a music game yet? So I'm making a wishlist that does not include Led Zeppelin or the Beatles, cause I want to be realistic here:

The B-52's

Bruce Springsteen

Cake

Cream

CCR

The Darkness

The Doors

Green Day

Janis Joplin

Jefferson Airplane

Jimi Hendrix

Lenny Kravitz

Meatloaf

Prince

Queen

Queensryche

Rancid

Sly & The Family Stone

Styx

Sublime

The Violent Femmes

The White Stripes

If half the DLC songs were from my list, I would be so happy.

So Aqualung, Ramblin' Man, Tangled Up In Blue, Anyway You Want It, Alive, Give It Away, American Woman, Pinball Wizard and Come Out And Play are not crowd-pleasing classics?

Not like Satisfaction, Comfortably Numb, Born to Run, November Rain (though that probably wouldn't have been much fun to play, to be fair) and Crazy Train would have been, no. At least not for me.

And yes, this series needs more Queen. Though Jess, as my household's resident vocalist, might disagree.

I really think Bohemian Rhapsody would be a poor choice. It's piano driven with not enough guitar, bass or drums, and the singing relies so much on harmonizing, it just doesn't work for the game. It would be like Your Song or Piano Man being in Rock Band. Fat Bottom Girls would be fun. Killer Queen, Princes of the Universe, I Want It All, Stone Cold Crazy, Tie Your Mother Down, Headlong, and Hammer To Fall would all be excellent.

Black Betty makes me very happy. I had such false hopes for Folsom Prison, but while we're just namedropping - i dig the CCR love, but keep thinking "Run through the jungle" is a no-brainer waiting to be added.

also, my kingdom for "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" covered by George Thorogood. (sp?)

also, my kingdom for "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" covered by George Thorogood. (sp?)

Hell yes.

Also, The Eagles and Tom Petty belong on the wanted list...they haven't had songs yet, have they? I don't remember.

And I still firmly believe that either Rock Band or especially Guitar Hero needs something from Chuck Berry.

i hate Meatloaf.

*runs away*

The dinner? 'Cause everyone hates that.

Oh you mean the singer. No, you're not alone there either, but he does have some kinda goofy charm.

Also, The Eagles and Tom Petty belong on the wanted list...they haven't had songs yet, have they? I don't remember.

And I still firmly believe that either Rock Band or especially Guitar Hero needs something from Chuck Berry.

Hotel California is confirmed for GHWT (a real get for Activision), but Tom Petty has yet to be in a music game, and due to his feelings on commercialization...I have a feeling he will be hard to convince.

Some other get for GTWT: Beat It by MJ (if one song other than Folsom Prison could have won Nick over...), No Sleep Til Brooklyn by the Beasties, a pair of Doors and a pair of Hendrix, Crazy Train, and Hot for Teacher to name a few. Unfortunately, there's at about 10 overlap songs.

Chuck Berry will be tough if they want to use Masters (considering it was recorded in 1957, I'm going to make a safe prediction of impossible), and both Activision and Harmonix are pledging 100% masters. It's a real shame, because if you had to choose just one 50's artist, it should be Berry.

Also, Meat Loaf is awwesome.

Wow. If they tighten up the controls a little bit, I might actually have to consider getting GHWT. I had just about given up on Activision being interested in anything that wasn't 90's metal.

I just want more variety in the games, I guess. I can't see us getting Blues Hero or a Rock the 50s expansion pack anytime soon, so it's nice when they branch out from the norm.

You're probably right about Petty. Damn shame, though.

I might be the only Korn/Deftone fan on the forums so I am jsut going to say this. I am getting sick and tired that as of yet, there has been no Korn or Deftones in any guitar game. These two bands were huge in there own right in the 90 and early 2000's why the fuck has one ofhtere songs been in a game. The only reason I would go to GH3 (even if I hate them) is to correct this and make my own damn song lists. Korn's Blind would be a fine song to play or even better Freak on a leach or Falling Away from Me are great songs that can be fun for the game. Deftones' My Own Worse Summer, Back to School, Change (into a fly) would all be great songs as well to have. Thats the end of my mini rant.

Archived