Hondo's Bar

Rock Band 2

The NZA

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. If they tighten up the controls a little bit, I might actually have to consider getting GHWT. I had just about given up on Activision being interested in anything that wasn't 90's metal.

Well, know that it's been confirmed that GHWT, RB2, and Konami's Rock Revolution's peripherals will all be innercompadible, getting both RB2 and GHWT is definitely a possibility. GHTW has yet to announce all their soundtrack, but as long as they don't announced too many more overlap songs, I'm probably getting both discs.

And like I said, both Activision and Harmonix have pledged that their games and future DLC will all be from master recordings, that makes songs with lost masters and masters on less than 8 tracks (everything in the 50's and most of the 60's) sadly unlikely.

As for Korn and the Deftones, I've never liked the Deftones, but I used to love Korn in my teen years. Harmonix has been so aggressive with releasing DLC, that I highly doubt Harmonix is turning Korn and the Deftones away. There can be all kinds of reason why some bands don't make it to RB, but for Korn and the Deftones, I don't think Harmonix turning their nose up to them is one of the reasons. And remember, Harmonix is releasing 20 free DLC songs for RB2's launch, all from artists not featured on the RB2 disc, so both Korn and the Deftones are possibilities.

Hotel California is confirmed for GHWT (a real get for Activision), but Tom Petty has yet to be in a music game, and due to his feelings on commercialization...I have a feeling he will be hard to convince.

good point, forgot about that. also, yeah, GHWT's list is taking shape, though i still wont likely indulge both.

SB: you know another great Thorogood one? I think "Hot Rod Lincoln" would be short, but awesome. then again, i keep picking songs that are heavy vocals but not much on say, drums.

ps jax, what are people like yourself with respectable jobs doing up at this hour?

good point, forgot about that. also, yeah, GHWT's list is taking shape, though i still wont likely indulge both.

SB: you know another great Thorogood one? I think "Hot Rod Lincoln" would be short, but awesome. then again, i keep picking songs that are heavy vocals but not much on say, drums.

ps jax, what are people like yourself with respectable jobs doing up at this hour?

I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours a night. And I've told you before, I pay people to make my money for me.

So GHWT getting Beat It isn't enough in and of itself to sell you on that game? I guess you know I'll get getting it and bring it over so you can live out your knife-fighting fantasy then.

I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours a night. And I've told you before, I pay people to make my money for me.

So GHWT getting Beat It isn't enough in and of itself to sell you on that game? I guess you know I'll get getting it and bring it over so you can live out your knife-fighting fantasy then.

4-5's no good, man. wage-slaves are good, but less than 7-8 hours means your body's working against itself, metabolism/immune system wise. the irony of me telling a health food store guy this is quite thick, so ill continue if you'd like.

Beat It is awesome, but when you factor in like 3 or 4 games i want between now and RB2 (all in Sep/Oct mostly) and my lack of funds, you get an equation that says either cash or one of my top 5 from MJ are needed to go sell blood/semen/what's needed for this game, instead of waiting on you. Beat It is classic but not personal top 5 for me, fortunately.

My hours of sleep are not by choice. I usually can't fall asleep until I feel tired, and I usually wake up, by myself, without and alarm, with only 4-5 hours of sleep, and I can't go back to sleep. All those times I konk out on your couch at around 2-3am at your get-togethers, I'm usually up and out by 7 or 7:30. I suppose I could take something to help knock me out.

Anyway, I just bought a fancy 50in plasma tv online, I want a get together on Sunday the 14th for RB2. I'd love to host it, but people don't like driving out to the Beach, so are you up for hosting one if I bring the game?

Well, know that it's been confirmed that GHWT, RB2, and Konami's Rock Revolution's peripherals will all be innercompadible, getting both RB2 and GHWT is definitely a possibility.

But is GHWT compatible with the original Rock Band controllers? Much as I like the new features, I'm really trying to avoid having to go out and buy another set of fake musical instruments to clutter the living room with.

The word is that: yes, it will be compatible. Activision has looked at the amount of people with Rock Band periphirals, and have decided it's smarter to have a good shot at selling those people a $50 disc than making them choose between a $199 box or spending no money with them at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Harmonix is perhaps the coolest company is all media. Checkout what is displayed on the title screen of RB2 if you score a leaked copy.

rock_band_2_kudos.jpg

Also: HMX's answer to GH: Aerosmith might be RB: AC/DC. I'm holding back my tears of joy, but if confirmed...I don't think I'll be able to control myself. Seeing as HMX's vision is for RB to be a platform rather than a franchisee (this is why DLC is backwards and forwards compadible and why you can export RB1 songs to play in RB2), so if they do have a AC/DC disc released, it will likely be immediately available for exporting to play in RB2, or possibly also available as a massive DLC pack. Either way, man, if I have to come up with a list of bands I would have wanted them to do this for...screw Metallica, screw Van Halen...on some days it might have been the Beatles or Led Zeppelin, but on many days AC/Dc would have topped my list. I am sooo happy.

Well, gunsmith got RB2 and we have been playing all day, after some calibration woes we got everything up and running and are trying to unlock all the songs. Looks like the game is abit harder than part one, kids in america was brutal for some reason. Still fun as hell, hoping to unlock carry on wayward son soon.

Joel, the RB2 guitar have not been released yet. However, if you get another guitar, I think the Fender bass looks awesome. The flipper (strum bar) is split in two, so you can put your index and middle finger over each one, so you can strum twice as fast as with one strum bar. It's such an elegently simple and ingenious idea, I also bought one when I saw it despite having two Xbox guitar and playing drums almost exclusively.

This might be a dumb question, but do you have to start all over with characters or is it possible to import saves from RB1? It'll be a real shame to lose all the elaborate theme bands that my household has accumulated.

It's not a dumb question, but the answer is no, you cannot. You can't import your scores either, so if you gold starred a song in RB1, it won't show it in RB2. It's a bit annoying, but I can finally use my band members on any instrument. About time, huh?

I don't blame him. It took us a lot of time and virtual money to get Cake or Death, The Sing-a-Long Bloggers, The Gotham Knights, Sweeney and the Fleet Street 3 and Out of Africa (that'd be the Tarzan-based band...go fig) to the level that we wanted. But oh well, small price to pay.

Well, I unlocked all the songs, christ, my arm feels like it is going to fall off. Still have the last impossible challenge to do, hopefully I can beat these songs on hard, but MAN they look evil, Painkiller will probably make Baby Jesus cry.

Also, it seems like the guitars are out, just not in stores on the east coast yet, probably this week.

I discovered a few cool things. Firstly, very minor, the crowd seems to be more intelligently rendered. There aren't dozens of clones dressed exactly the same all turning their head at the same time any more.

Secondly, in Quickplay, when sorting through artists, if there is more than one song from a single albums, it sorts those songs under a subheading of that album. I noticed that right away yesterday, but what I noticed today is that they appear in the subheading in the order they appear in the album. So if you have album, like Dolittle, and you select the album subheading instead of one of the songs, you can play a set of all the songs in the album...in the order they play on the album! Not a big deal, since you could create the set i that order if you wanted to, but it just goes to show, HMX knows music fans that buy whole albums WANT to play they in the order they've heard those albums' songs a hundred times before. Bravo, HMX!

Archived