red house painters - katy song

sun kil moon - lost verses

codeine - loss leader

arab strap - the shy retirer

elliott smith - angeles

great lake simmwers - moving pictures, silent films

american music club - all the lost souls

red house painters - medicine bottle

i'll post some more later +upload if you like any of that, it's all i could find on youtube. it may be too depressing for some, and i mean that. my ex girlfriend left me cause i listen to shit like this

Although not a depressing song in itself, whenever I hear "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees, it's very depressing for me, because it reminds me of my father who passed away (it was one of his favorite songs, as well as my parents' song).

Hell, all music is good therapy.

Well I dunno about depressing music, but I know whenever I wanna just escape from reality and into my own little world, I just grab my iPod and large noise-cancelling headphones and just lose myself in some good music.

Well I dunno about depressing music, but I know whenever I wanna just escape from reality and into my own little world, I just grab my iPod and large noise-cancelling headphones and just lose myself in some good music.

Boards of Canada is good sleep music and also great soundtrack if you're in a depressed mood. Very soothing.

I like to do that too!! I loooove the large headphones. I like to lay in bed and close my eyes and listen to all the instruments, notes, rhythms, vocals (if there are any)... I find that dissecting every part of it helps calm me. Very relaxing.

so we got a wrist slashing and a soak-in-the-tub thread. nice to know we can specific around here lol

There you go. I'm sure there are more depressing/make-me-wanna-kill-myself songs out there, but I can't think of any right now.

aside from all the acoustic artists i like, i'd say people like frank sinatra and chet baker were pretty in touch with their emotions. i guess it's debatable whether it's some of the most vocally romantic music ever produced, but i'd say it's depressive anyway

Archived