Hondo's Bar

Valiant comics

gunsmithx

While the proabbly the only person here who really read and enjoy'd them I'm having problems finding any torrents for Valiant comics. I was wondering if anyone had any advice(and yes I have been poking around z-cult but maybe I'm missing something) thanks for the help

While the proabbly the only person here who really read and enjoy'd them I'm having problems finding any torrents for Valiant comics. I was wondering if anyone had any advice(and yes I have been poking around z-cult but maybe I'm missing something) thanks for the help

I've been looking for sometime now with no luck.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

i wanna say, X-O Manowar and Ninjax or something, i never really read their books.

angel - you asked bish? he's the man to go to for DC++ connections. took me a bit to get into but holy shit, you can find like any comic that way.

Man I remember when I was fifteen and just getting into comics... We have these franchise stores called the Warehouse-they're cheap goods, generally selling medium-to-low quality goods varying from tvs to stock crates of pringles(christ only knows what truck they fell off of) and back then they sold Valiant books 3 for a dollar, which I just thought was an amazing deal, especially for a Bloodshot #1 chronium cover... Like I said, this was when I was finding my feet in the medium. I recall thinking the coolest power in the world was clearly being devoid of any melanin whatsoever and being a ninja capable of communicating with computers.

Clearly I'm not the only one though. *Tips Nick a big wink*

• 8 months later...

Archer & Armstrong is a totally solid Valiant title, written and drawn by Barry Windsor-Smith (who I totally fell in love with after his run on Conan (Weapon X helped too)).

Plot in a nutshell (these are all pretty much in the first issue, so they aren't really spoilers. I'll black 'em out anyway to be polite):

Archer discovers his uber-religious parents are abusing kids. To cover their tracks they burn down their house with him in it, he dies and mysteriously comes back to life. Because he's afraid they may try to kill him again, he runs away to India, where he begins training to become the world's best martial artist so he can wreak his revenge.

Armstrong is one of three immortal warriors, he is the "great unnamed" Satan figure in the religious sect Archer's parents' belong to. He is about to be ritually murdered when Archer discovers it's the church that's the real evil and saves him. They become companions.

Armstrong has the strength of an army and is nigh-impossible to kill. He abandoned idealism thousands of years ago and spends most of his time getting drunk, screwing, fighting and telling stories.

It's worth getting for the purdy BWS art alone.

Archived