Hondo's Bar

Ask Maldron Questions

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of music do you like?

I was raised on Classical and Jazz and Opera, so anything with a trackable melody. This ranges from pop to electronica, but there are versions of each I like or don't, and even some songs I can't stand by artists who have created other ones I do.

Horrible example, but I recently stole a copy of The All American Rejects' first CD. I can stand three, maybe four of the songs. Many of the others start out as if they just turned the "drum beat" option on an electric keyboard on. I swear, I have no idea how a band could create absolute shit and enjoyable listens on the same fucking album.

ATTENTION ALL MUSICIANS - DON'T FORCE THAT SHIT. You know a turd when you squeeze it out - flush it and move on.

Anyway. Nine times out of ten, it comes down to whether it's frenetic and can carry an emotion with it. A lot of what I imagine up needs music in the background. Also, since I mostly play video games, and that's where I get my music, that's where I find the tracks I listen to. I grab shit out of the mainstream whenever it's dropped into my lap, but I don't go looking for it.

Baroque and Beats from DMC4 -

Neith(Risky) from Zone of the Enders -

Viola (Silent Death) from Zone of the Enders -

Old Snake from Metal Gear Solid 4 -

A Despair-Filled Farewell from Shadow of the Colossus -

Those are just a few that spring to mind that I usually enjoy listening to time and again. Given my source material, I rarely get lyrics.

Indifferent. Too lazy to download the episodes now that they're on episode bajillion, too disinterested with the american version after the fuckjob 4kids gave it.

But that's the magic! There are places that will stream it. No downloading, no fuss, lol. The earlier episodes are a bit of a bitch to find... And the place I was streaming it from (veoh) seems to have magically gotten rid of all the eps with english subs. The french have taken over! haha.

I agree with you about the American Dub. bad news.....

If you are a demonoid user, You can get 1-300 HERE. Which is a fuckton.

You can also get 1-50, 51-100, 101-150, 151-200...

You're best bet would be to just pull certain chunks of eps off that big one though. It has the best numbers so far.

and um. There ya go! That should hold you over for now, bwahaha.

Do you use Demonoid?

1. What made you finally decide to join us?

2. Spice and Wolf Y/N

3. If I were to sell nicks body for sex and then send you the money. Will you join us for Hondos-con or other?

4. How did you come up with the name Maldron?

Do you use Demonoid?

Not particularly a fan. There are usually better sites for anime. For instance, Demonoid doesn't seem to even have episode 360 up yet - there are already two versions up on TokyoToshokan. It also appears that 359 was uploaded to demonoid a full day after it went up at Tokyotosho.info . So mostly, no. I don't use Demonoid for torrents. It's a good site to find decently seeded old stuff, but for new shit it's always a step down on the ladder for me.

Not particularly a fan. There are usually better sites for anime. For instance, Demonoid doesn't seem to even have episode 360 up yet - there are already two versions up on TokyoToshokan. It also appears that 359 was uploaded to demonoid a full day after it went up at Tokyotosho.info . So mostly, no. I don't use Demonoid for torrents. It's a good site to find decently seeded old stuff, but for new shit it's always a step down on the ladder for me.

For all the newer stuff, you can get nab the torrents off instantz, or watch it streaming. I put up 360 on www.beta.vreel.net, and there are many of the new eps on there.

I only inquired if you had it because that was the first place I went to find the first episodes. Because I'm such a fangirl right now. I must make everyone watch.

Are you annoyed with me yet? Don't say no, because I'm annoyed with me, haha. That signals time for bed!

1. What made you finally decide to join us?

2. Spice and Wolf Y/N

3. If I were to sell nicks body for sex and then send you the money. Will you join us for Hondos-con or other?

4. How did you come up with the name Maldron?

1. Nick told me about the site a long time back, I joked about it being crap without ever really visiting. Some time later, as I realized both of my WoW Guild websites that I frequented were absolute CRAP for new content - one being a dead guild, and the other a raid guild - I realized that my third tab no longer had a decently updated forum page for me to endlessly press F5 on during my downtime. So I signed up for this place in the wake of that - I wanted a forum to talk a lot on. Kotaku wasn't as alluring as it had once been, as my voice was just one amongst a sea - the intimacy provided by forums like these was ideal.

2. Fuck yeah. I have all the episodes. It's the kind of slow-paced but mysterious show that reminds me of Kino's Journey, so I instantly fall in love. Which really doesn't explain my dislike for Allison to Lillia, as it were penned by the same hand.

3. If it's May, I'll probably still be in school. Quarter System, don't'cha'kno.

4. I had to create an alias for my first ever online game - X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. I threw together consonants and vowels until something stuck. I continued to use it rather than be creative a second time. :p

Are you annoyed with me yet? Don't say no, because I'm annoyed with me, haha. That signals time for bed!

My entire community college experience was spent in a lounge full of people who played the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG ((and just had to do the voice)), the Pokemon TCG ((they had to yell "Go, Pikachu!" or whatever a lot)), Magic The Gathering ((They should bathe more,)) And people who would come to school dressed up as Link or wearing Naruto headbands because they fucking felt like it.

My dear MetalHeart, you have not even fazed me.

Edited by Maldron

Fuck yeah. I have all the episodes. It's the kind of slow-paced but mysterious show that reminds me of Kino's Journey, so I instantly fall in love. Which really doesn't explain my dislike for Allison to Lillia, as it were penned by the same hand.

Which is why it's part of me avatar and sig combo.

Allison to Lillia dislike may be due to the characters. Not as funny or likable as Horo.

1. Would you like Spice and Wolf wallpaper?

2. Do you think the writers of code geass are on acid or crack?

3. Do you find it funny not only the way we met (Thanks Nick) but that we would have so much in common.

Which is why it's part of me avatar and sig combo.

Allison to Lillia dislike may be due to the characters. Not as funny or likable as Horo.

1. Would you like Spice and Wolf wallpaper?

2. Do you think the writers of code geass are on acid or crack?

3. Do you find it funny not only the way we met (Thanks Nick) but that we would have so much in common.

Allison to Lillia was done by the writer of Kino, not Spice. Anyway.

1. Right now my desktop wallpaper is my friends from community college who I barely get to see anymore, and my PS3's wallpaper is the Zone of the Enders theme by M0dus. While I wouldn't hate it, I also wouldn't use it - so no.

2. I think they're just making shit up as they go along. So, Acid.

3. Though it took a while ((past that depressive depression stage)), I've always known there were people like me out there. I think Nick pushed us together so we'd both bother each other instead of him, to be honest. But it's not funny, no. It's good to have somebody I could drop six or seven names with that won't look at me like I'm a fucking dingbat. I'm afraid I can't be that person to you as much as I'd like. :p

In relation to the game music, i'm very much with you. The splinter cell music was always top notch IMO, especially Splinter cell 3: Chaos Theory. I love some of the ambient music in HL2 also, it just works with the game, when i'm home from work i'll check out some of the stuff you've youtubed.

And to steal mh's question, have i started to annoy you yet? :blink:

Allison to Lillia was done by the writer of Kino, not Spice. Anyway.

My bad.

I'm afraid I can't be that person to you as much as I'd like. :p

Meh...I've got skeeer, 2T, Doj, ASC, boggie and the girl that I've been stalking....Did I say stalking

I mean the girl that I've been seeing.

1 what are you studying

2. Have you ever seen Urusei Yatsura?

3. Been meaning to ask but what got you into anime in the first place?

And to steal mh's question, have i started to annoy you yet? :blink:

Nope.

Did I say stalking

1 what are you studying

2. Have you ever seen Urusei Yatsura?

3. Been meaning to ask but what got you into anime in the first place?

You did, and you said it twice.

1. I'm going in to study Creative Writing, as Writing is the only thing I do that I'd say I do well. Nick either will or won't attest to this depending on his mood.

2. I have not, no.

3. I was watching it before I knew what it is - consequentially, my first anime will always be Sailor Moon. It was something to watch that wasn't the approved PBS programming my parents wanted. They were strict in raising me, which just meant I became slicker at hiding shit.

But really, what got me into Anime proper was Cartoon Network, and me. I branched out and found new things, starting with Serial Experiments: Lain, and slowly a collection grew. People who liked the things I liked recommended more things I liked, which introduced me to some creators and their works, which I bought the DVDs of or tracked down. Largely, the friends I had who discussed anime with me discussed the Toonami Lineup, and that's where it began. Not a terribly interesting story, I'm afraid.

Do you have any stories you'd like to share with us?

I have little to no faith in myself, and none of them are completed. Due largely to the fact that I spend my days in the forums or playing games instead of sitting down to write. So no, I tend to keep them to myself. My GF hasn't even seen any of them really... I'm saving that for whenever she thinks I can't trust her, or what have you.

Maldron, is it?

Do you think that he is like your Vamp as you are his Raiden? Or, are you his Vamp and he your Raiden? :sarcasm:

It is.

Since I like to lick things, I'll say I'm the Vamp to his Raiden.

I hope you can be happy with a Raiden.

Edited by Maldron

Better than a Vamp. I don't like guys who practically ballerina-dance themselves away from shotgun shots.

Hey, if that means you can appreciate emo cutters who think they're worthless and run out on their pregnant girlfriends, that's fine. I'll ballerina dance out of a shotgun blast and be home to cook dinner.

so, ah, just so im 100% clear....

1) what was free to use your lethal weapons on in big boss emblem pursuit? you mentioned the rail gun on crying wolf. is that to say that, in addition to bi-pedal creatures, you can use lethal force on beasts as long as you tranq beauties to death, and not raise alerts? just wondering what i can kill and what i cant. sen, for instance, thinks i can kill the annoying-ass black three-armed things in act 4 but i says if you shoot them you set off alarms. what can be killed vs what cant, to follow in your footsteps?

2) i clearly needs whiskey to admit my love for you. do you loves me sober? and if so, why? that's right, stroke my ego cause i asked you nicely. also, i bow to your superior gaming skills, seriously.

that's pretty much it.

1) what was free to use your lethal weapons on in big boss emblem pursuit? you mentioned the rail gun on crying wolf. is that to say that, in addition to bi-pedal creatures, you can use lethal force on beasts as long as you tranq beauties to death, and not raise alerts? just wondering what i can kill and what i cant. sen, for instance, thinks i can kill the annoying-ass black three-armed things in act 4 but i says if you shoot them you set off alarms. what can be killed vs what cant, to follow in your footsteps?

2) i clearly needs whiskey to admit my love for you. do you loves me sober? and if so, why?

Way to completely ignore the girl in the room, Raiden. I totally told you he was Raiden, Senshik.

1. You can lethally shoot the Scarabs, the Gekkos, and the beast forms: Laughing Octopus, Raging Raven, Crying Wolf, and Screaming Mantis, so long as you do not raise alerts. Shooting the Scarabs ((those tri-armed things)) to death raises a CAUTION STATE, not an alert state, although if one sees you you're fucked, and I think the same is true if one sees one of their own destroyed. There is, however, that one Scarab on the wall in front of the door leading to the Vamp fight - I shot it and destroyed it, entered caution, and snuck through.

2. Yeah, I love you fine when you're sober, because you're still that guy that'll listen no matter what the fuck I'm going on about.

well, to be fair? youre interesting even when you're not.

wait, i know i need chaff grenades to survive act 4, that's a given...i cant get the timing right without them. what are you using to kill scarabs without setting off alerts, though?