Hondo's Bar

Resistance 2

Newtype

The plot is a direct continuation of the Resistance: Fall of Man storyline. The game starts in a snow covered field in London with a VTOL aircraft taking Sgt. Nathan Hale to the base of the Special Projects Research Administration (SPRA) in Iceland. Hale arrives at the base and discovers that there are others like him that are resistant to the Chimera virus who have been collected together from around the world by the SPRA. The result is a task force called 'The Sentinels'. The base then comes under attack by Chimera forces and 'The Sentinels' manage to escape to the United States. Two years after the Chimeran defeat in Great Britain, the Chimera launch a full-scale aerial invasion on both the east and west coasts of the United States.

The game will feature two campaigns. A single player campaign which will follow the story of Nathan Hale, and an up to eight player online co-operative (or two player split screen) campaign that will have a storyline running parallel to Hale's campaign. Both campaigns will also include boss-battles. One of the bosses is the Leviathan, a Godzilla looking monster, and that the biggest boss is over 300 feet high [[2]]. The co-operative campaign will support up to 8 players online with classes including a medic class, a heavy weapons class, and a special ops class. The online multiplayer aspect of the game will support up to 60 players online.[11] The game will also feature 12 new Chimeran enemies, two of which will be called the Chameleon (which can cloak itself completely, charge toward you, and kill the player in one hit) and the Grim (which is a melee fighter that attacks in hordes, similar to the Gray Jack in the first game). It will also feature an enemy known as the "Fury", a creature that lurks in the waters. [12][13] There are seven currently known weapons in Resistance 2. These will be wielded in pairs instead getting to choose from multiple weapons. The Fareye, Bullseye, Carbine, Auger, and Rossmore, will be returning with some new modifications.[14] New weapons include a long range semi-automatic rifle called "The Marksman" and the "Chaingun" a Minigun which has a secondary fire option that allows it to act as a shielded sentry gun.

The Viral Marketing for Resistance 2 has started

Go here

Then here

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant believe theyre gonna have this out the gate by October. that month is going to be insane.

also, looking forward to seeing them pull off the changing goals/objectives per group in the big deathmatches; if done right, that could be so awesome.

Well, take a look (based on expected dates; we all know these can change at a moment's notice):

Resistance 2

Ghostbusters

Silent Hill 5

Fallout 3

LittleBigPlanet

Fable 2 (?)

there's others im forgetting, but its a pretty impressive lineup. I think Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead are looking like november. i actually thought about making a thread for it, akin to winter '05s (?) killing row of GTA: SA, Halo 2 & MGS3.

Well, take a look (based on expected dates; we all know these can change at a moment's notice):

Resistance 2

Ghostbusters

Silent Hill 5

Fallout 3

LittleBigPlanet

Fable 2 (?)

there's others im forgetting, but its a pretty impressive lineup. I think Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead are looking like november. i actually thought about making a thread for it, akin to winter '05s (?) killing row of GTA: SA, Halo 2 & MGS3.

*bitchslap*

You forgot Dead Space.

Well....let me add to that. These are the titles slated for October:

Afro Samurai

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Blitz: The League II

Dead Space

Disney Karaoke

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

FIFA Soccer 09

Fracture

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Guitar Hero World Tour

Highlander: The Game

Legend of Spyro: The Dawn of the Dragon

LittleBigPlanet

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

NBA '09

NBA 2K9

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Project Origin

Saints Row 2

Shaun White Snowboarding

SingStar Vol. 2

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Tom Clancy's EndWar

X-Blades

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

SOCOM: Confrontation

I believe the Resistance starts in Mid November. Regardless, November will start with a bang with the release of that new Fiddy game: Blood in the sand.

indeed. i hope spidey goes well, too.

Dead Space is on your list, eh mal? I forgot GH: World Tour, likely repressed Saints 2, and know nothing about Highlander.

It seems to be a well-designed story-driven game. So yeah, it's on my radar.

past the bioshock jokes and me thinking its the sequel to Echo Night: Beyond, i havent seen/read much. the animated comic sounded like a fun idea that...coudlve gone better.

anyway, that's a helluva list; no matter what you're into, there's gotta be something in there for you. Los, is SH5 not on track for october?

anyway, that's a helluva list; no matter what you're into, there's gotta be something in there for you. Los, is SH5 not on track for october?

Silent Hill hits in September. A few other notables for that month are Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Lego Batman and Golden Axe: Beast Rider....I loved golden axe...

yeah, i dunno. everything highlander that wasnt the TV series was different flavors of ass, so im not hopeful.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH, the first movie was good and uh... Endgame was good as long as you ignore the gigantic plot hole...

I saw the trailer, it looked pretty good, even if they did just pull another McLeod out of their ass.

Besides, Highlander is on my list with Tremors, Friday the 13th (I'm familar with the NES one), Ghostbusters, Happy Gilmore, The Blues Brothers, and Rollerball that could actually make kickass video games if done right.

Man, Fuck resistance. I played the first one the night the PS3 debuted(happy coincidence alana was looking for a laptop) and playing on hard or ultra-whatever it still played like a Master Chief in a stackhat and kneepads.

I'll admit that GoW had hewn a harder man of me though.

newt - skeeter is a fanboy. plain and simple. dude posts on x-box forums about how great gaylo is up on the gayzor mountains and how sony's weak for nothing having access to said mountains. seriously; just walk on by and wait till he gets the memo. its what the rest of us are doing, ask DoJ. he'll have this great back-catalog of games once he's tired of red rings and region-locking.

Uh huh. Polish your faggoty trophies in your non-OS while I rack up achievements on GoW2 & PA Adventures. I wasn't flying Halo's flag, infact I was simply pointing out that GoW was a standout title that made your pissy resistance play like leapfrog math adventures. On another matter halo-bashing is like bush-bashing. Folks do it because it's the shortcut to cultural Elitism and in your heads it probably sounds quite smart and no doubt you were impressed when the bigger kids smoking their clove cigarettes were saying it with such dismissive spite, but really all you're showing is that instead of making an informed statement about a system ad/or flagship title you're just parroting a few bitter parties who couldn''t cut being unique so they just hate on the good things in this world.

I'll be the first to admit I found some enjoyment in playing co-op and online deathmatches on Gears of War but that doesn't change the fact that it's repetitive, frustrating, and the only colors are brown, darker brown, and muzzle flash. Not to mention it's already a breeding ground for a whole new generation of Xbox live douchebags (I played for 8 hours last weekend and found 1 person who wasn't a complete cockend, I've had better odds with Halo!)

Uh huh. Polish your faggoty trophies in your non-OS while I rack up achievements on GoW2 & PA Adventures. I wasn't flying Halo's flag, infact I was simply pointing out that GoW was a standout title that made your pissy resistance play like leapfrog math adventures.

see, skeet, this is fanboy logic, meaning it says nothing. non-OS? and youve played GoW2? really? did someone beat you up for having a genesis in the day?

for one, you're comparing a first person shooter (Resistance) to a 3rd person one (GoW), which doesnt even make sense. look, im not newt here fanning the flame by mocking your RROD box, im saying, the sooner you give up this odd fanboy battle, the better itll be on your wallet to run with a region-free system.

and hey, halo's fun but let's not go calling any shooter "unique" at this point. on that note, Resistance 2 is shaping up into some awesome looking shit, that 30 story or whatever monster looks insane. i gotta dig up pics of that.

see, skeet, this is fanboy logic, meaning it says nothing. non-OS? and youve played GoW2? really? did someone beat you up for having a genesis in the day?

for one, you're comparing a first person shooter (Resistance) to a 3rd person one (GoW), which doesnt even make sense. look, im not newt here fanning the flame by mocking your RROD box, im saying, the sooner you give up this odd fanboy battle, the better itll be on your wallet to run with a region-free system.

and hey, halo's fun but let's not go calling any shooter "unique" at this point. on that note, Resistance 2 is shaping up into some awesome looking shit, that 30 story or whatever monster looks insane. i gotta dig up pics of that.

I'm fanning the flame? Show me any post in which I bring up his dead 360.

Also looking forward to fighting this thing.

leviathan.jpg

Baytor's completely correct, both times. I just don't play GoW online anymore.

Newt's a d-bag in any given setting and his every word drips with 'haha your xbox is near-dead' smarminess.

NZA- That was either a typo or I was speaking from or for the future. Either way, GoW & GoW2 are wonderful, wonderful toys you PSuckers will never play with. I'm not militant in my approach here, I've said a hundred times I'll get a PS3 when I can import a 60G backward compatible, and the reason I haven't yet is that there's nothing to lure me over as yet. Home or LittlebigPlanet will probably be the catilyst'sss or something. I just react badly to Halo hate is all. Please see above post for reasoning.

newt - skeeter is a fanboy. plain and simple. dude posts on x-box forums about how great gaylo is up on the gayzor mountains and how sony's weak for nothing having access to said mountains. seriously; just walk on by and wait till he gets the memo. its what the rest of us are doing, ask DoJ. he'll have this great back-catalog of games once he's tired of red rings and region-locking.

Muh?

Archived