Hondo's Bar

Resistance 2

Newtype

Go here

Then here

Just out of of a Resistance 2 session with Insomniac boss Ted Price. Showed the game's intro, which picks up where Resistance 1 left off. The sequel features new lighting and new motion capture along with more detailed textures. The game kicks off in Iceland and then by the second level takes players through the streets of San Francisco. Players are joined by three sentinels who help fight and tell the story since the voice over narration from Resistance 1 has been dropped. That should help players learn more about main character Nathan Hale.

"We've really upped the gore," says Price. It's possible to blow off arms, legs and heads. What's more, new weapons include a 44 Magnum, which fires bullets that you can detonate by remote. So, you could fire a buncha bullets in the wall and then detonate them. It's even possible to detonate those bullets that you've shot into Chimera.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prnphotos074710-SONY-COMPUT.gif

prnphotos074711-SONY-COMPUT.gif

from independent developer Insomniac Games, will release in North America on November 4 and will be offered in a special collector's edition while supplies last. The collector's edition for Resistance 2, the highly-anticipated follow-up to the best-selling PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system (PS3™ system) launch title, Resistance: Fall of Man®, will be available for a suggested retail price of $79.99 at participating retailers with the following premium items included:

— Created by DC Unlimited, an exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon.

— A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives.

— Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

— Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans

The special collector's edition also includes a bonus DVD of exclusive Resistance 2 additional contents including:

— A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm" by well-known science fiction author William Dietz.

— "America Forever Lost", Behind The Scenes video of Resistance 2 with Insomniac Games

— "Shattered History" Resistance chronology video — provides a visual guideline from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the current storyline.

— Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.

Got it on pre-order.

or finance.

i mean, left 4 dead is soon thereafter, and its not like those rock band 2 instruments are giving themselves away.

Forgot about left 4 dead. It's a week right after Valkyria Chronicles.

I got most of the games paid off already so I'll be paying just the taxes when I go pick them up.

Forgot about left 4 dead. It's a week right after Valkyria Chronicles.

I got most of the games paid off already so I'll be paying just the taxes when I go pick them up.

I resigned myself to R2, LBP, Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space. In a pinch, I plan to lose Dead Space.

Valkyria can be picked up later for cheaper, in all honesty.

wow, same lists, but for shooters, i opted with left 4 dead over R2. i plan on being late to that party, as well as Fallout 3. Rock Band 2, ill have to get by with Jax's/Bish's/etc copy when they're over, i figure. but yeah, good calls.

and in December, its just Persona 4 before the holidays, thankfully.

wow, same lists, but for shooters, i opted with left 4 dead over R2. i plan on being late to that party, as well as Fallout 3. Rock Band 2, ill have to get by with Jax's/Bish's/etc copy when they're over, i figure. but yeah, good calls.

and in December, its just Persona 4 before the holidays, thankfully.

Left 4 Dead's gonna be crap. Get R2.

not to get o/t with xbox talk here, but you guys think you got it tough? Here's my upcoming schedule(which thankfully is just after my b'day so everyone knows what to get me: gift cards

Oct 16-Saints Row 2(i know, I know... Only reason I'm getting it is the initiation pack is outta this world, not to mention the online looks pretty sharp)

Oct 23-Fable 2

Oct 31-Fallout 3

Nov 7-Gears of War 2(I'd consider sleeping on it til I'm through with the prior listed but I want the collector's and also Mothman is ghey as shit for his Fenix fix)

Nov 14- Guitar Hero World Tour.

RB comes out here sometime in all that, but I says fuck buying a PAL copy and/or replacing my drums.

Left 4 Dead's gonna be crap. Get R2.

what? you cant be serious. its looking awesome, and if its between these 2 shooters, i gotta admit: im still a largely offline player, when i go online, id prefer co-op to BOOM HEADSHOT shooter fare, so between that and zombies L4D speaks to me, but...valve's no slouch, and the concept sounds fun. consider me baffled, sir.

Skeet - true, i fogot about Fable 2, Gears 2 and the like, that's not gonna be cheap. Not a horror fan? SH5 might be a hard sell depending on how it rusn out, but Dead Space looks grand.

and youve no one to blame for Saints Row 2 but yourself.

what? you cant be serious. its looking awesome, and if its between these 2 shooters, i gotta admit: im still a largely offline player, when i go online, id prefer co-op to BOOM HEADSHOT shooter fare, so between that and zombies L4D speaks to me, but...valve's no slouch, and the concept sounds fun. consider me baffled, sir.

So you're completely oblivious to the class-based 8-player online Co-op in R2, then? Or it just doesn't appeal to you as much as being randomly assigned a character attacking a swarm of zombies.

You know how I do, Dawg. Seriously though, the initiation pack is pretty tight

SH5 I've seen nothing for, and until my DC will let me play RE2 without dying my boycot on survival horror stands(COndemned tricked me with it's FPS-ishness). Dead Space is that zombie 4-player co-op right? The only reason I know the name of it is because you've tried to sell it to me before. Either way I'm pretty sure both of those are december, which is Xmas or at the very least a few paydays in between the horror month to pay bills.

You know how I do, Dawg. Seriously though, the initiation pack is pretty tight

SH5 I've seen nothing for, and until my DC will let me play RE2 without dying my boycot on survival horror stands(COndemned tricked me with it's FPS-ishness). Dead Space is that zombie 4-player co-op right? The only reason I know the name of it is because you've tried to sell it to me before. Either way I'm pretty sure both of those are december, which is Xmas or at the very least a few paydays in between the horror month to pay bills.

Left 4 Dead is the 4-player zombie co-op. Dead Space is zombies in space that result from harvesting a planet and uncovering a myteeerious artifact. They've gone to some effort of making a decent story, and the undead you face have to be taken down strategically. Headshots just piss them off, and even if you take off both their legs they'll still come after you and try to take you down from the ankles.

So you're completely oblivious to the class-based 8-player online Co-op in R2, then? Or it just doesn't appeal to you as much as being randomly assigned a character attacking a swarm of zombies.

no, i know of it, but i like survival-horror with 3 friends in safe houses and a horde of zombies, as a concept. I'm not a big FPS fan but if any traditional online one has me rethinking that, its R2, as i loved R1 a great deal despite its lack of vehicles.

R2's 8-player co-op is a big part of its sale to me, but im uncertain how popular the element will be with what's seen as sony's crown of PvP shooters, whereas L4D is built around co-op. again, just a mode of play i think id get more into/play more often, as i keep telling myself to load up Team Fortress 2 and such, as they were fun, but i dont often do it.

and no Skeet, Dead Space is EA's single-player horror that looks like scary shit, should have its own thread; the 4 player one you're thinking of is what mal & i are talking about, Left 4 Dead, that i can all but guarantee once myself & a few hondonains are raving about it & needing another gunner, you'll be on it like white mall kids and urban clothing, or sandbox games, whichever you prefer.

The great thing about having a job... I can afford my games, and not have to trade... ^_^
Yeah just don't ever get married. Or leave your folks' place. Shit goes way downhill
You do know that Warren Ellis had a major hand in writing the story for dead space.And I'll be joining you in our zombie killing spree and this time DON"T throw me at a zombie to save yourself.
PS- that's a fascinating piece of information, albeit in no way related to uh, Resistance 2? Is that what we're meant to be discussing? It almost makes me curious about the game. I'll feel completely fucking gypped if there's no salinating perverts or acid-dropping anti-heroes though.

and no Skeet, Dead Space is EA's single-player horror that looks like scary shit, should have its own thread; the 4 player one you're thinking of is what mal & i are talking about, Left 4 Dead, that i can all but guarantee once myself & a few hondonains are raving about it & needing another gunner, you'll be on it like white mall kids and urban clothing, or sandbox games, whichever you prefer.

CHeap fucking shot man. Yeah, give the game stick. It's a worthy opponent to GTA

• 1 month later...

got into the beta yesterday!

havent even played it yet, ive only got Dead Space a while longer and i must see how it ends, but after that, im giving it a go. ive heard nothing but awesome about it, just wish i knew when the beta ended.

Archived