Hondo's Bar

Sega Dreamcast

The NZA

• 8 months later...

moar DC on XBLA - Space Channel 5 and uh, Sega Bass Fishing (sans the fishing rod controller)!

After Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi soon, two new titles from the catalog of the era of Sega Dreamcast will be eligible for re-mastered versions on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network. Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 are indeed the lucky ones, the firm announced the blue hedgehog that day while delivering some pictures and details of their arrival in early 2011.

Display 720p and compatibility 16 / 9 will be required in these versions redecorated day of Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2, which will most certainly be news soon.

225374_sega-bass-fishing.jpg

225368_sega-bass-fishing.jpg

225386_space-channel-5-part-2.jpg

225380_space-channel-5-part-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Regarding your news there NZA- Sega Bass Fishing may work with the new rod peripheral I saw somewhere for some new(probably terrible) fishing game.

As for Crazy Taxi, it's the bitterest of disappointments. It looks, handles and feels worse than the DC version(and that's direct comparison, not nostalgia) not to mention none of the liscenced properties which for me were part of the feel of the whole thing, so fairly disappointing.

Regarding your news there NZA- Sega Bass Fishing may work with the new rod peripheral I saw somewhere for some new(probably terrible) fishing game.

As for Crazy Taxi, it's the bitterest of disappointments. It looks, handles and feels worse than the DC version(and that's direct comparison, not nostalgia) not to mention none of the liscenced properties which for me were part of the feel of the whole thing, so fairly disappointing.

licensing issues is to blame for all the missing stuff.

• 1 month later...

why must you always rebuke the gifts Sega bestows upon you, gun?! lemme guess, you'd swap Sonic Adventure (which feels a bit dated) for Jet Grind Radio, perhaps Sega Bass Fishing for Shenmue, and put the Offpsring music/graphics back into Crazy Taxi, maybe add Chu Chu Rocket since its only a few hundred megs anyway? is nothing Sega does ever good enough for you?!

:misty: i mean seriously, imagine that set with Skies of Arcadia or something. it'd be GOTY like 10 years after the fact...goddammit Sega.

• 5 months later...

Same here. 2, actually. One that I bought a 3rd party clear plastic case for that I thought was cool as hell, but when I put it on I mysteriously ended up with like 4 extra screws and it stopped playing some games properly.

So bought a used one and didn't do any shoddy, unskilled homemade mods to it. Still works like a champ.

However, something came loose in my Gameshark controller dongle at some point in the last couple of years, so I can't play my imports, which irritates me. I'll open it up one of these days. It might be something obvious.

• 2 months later...

since 9/9/11 just passed (happy belated 11th, Dreamcast!), let's celebrate with some Nullsoft (DC emulator) videos! its still not 100% a system replacement - you'll see errors with shadows/dithering/etc - but when it works right, it's gorgeous.

and my precious Shenmue - buggy, but so pretty: