Hondo's Bar

Batman: The Dark Knight

Basically... ditto what DK said, and I loved Iron Man. Iron Man is still my new favorite superhero, but this movie topped it. And I have a new favorite villain, The Joker. It's too bad he didn't survive to make more movies, because as MH said this was definitely his greatest role. I'd say Ceasar Romero was 2nd best, and Jack Nicholson a far distant 3rd.

The part where he's walking away from Gotham General Hospital, pressed the button and it started to blow, then he kept looking back getting more and more upset and was like What the fuck? then kept pressing the button until it went was priceless and one of, if not my favorite scene. Actually, the whole hospital scene with him in the nurse outfit, from start to explosion was my favorite.

One thing I do have to say though, is DK,

Why so serious?

Edited by Greyskull

Oh, Zoidberg, you always make me laugh.

Aarty, ya couldn't have called me?

We were trying to call Nick, he wouldn't pick up. We wanted to call you, and Joel so he could take notes on the Joker's economic policy and see how it's basically the same as McCain's and every other conservative policy...

But we didn't have your guys' numbers. PM me with it, and next time we got extra tickets we'll call you guys.

Aarty, ya couldn't have called me?

Yeah I could've...if I had your number... :2T:

Ben and I ended up with an extra pair of tickets so we called Nick. No answer. Then we were like, oh well, we don't have Jax or Arch's numbers--so I called my cousin who had been hounding me for tix all day.

The part where he's walking away from Gotham General Hospital, pressed the button and it started to blow, then he kept looking back getting more and more upset and was like What the fuck? then kept pressing the button until it went was priceless and one of, if not my favorite scene. Actually, the whole hospital scene with him in the nurse outfit, from start to explosion was my favorite.

I'm going to have to agree on that.

That red wig & nurse outfit was PRICELESS!!!

I don't think there was a scene with him in it that I did not absolutely love. As for Batman himself--

eh, I could've done without the gritty voice. But DK was explaining to me the importance of it and whatnot...

Two Face looked just like I had imagined

...Eckhart was great choice for Harvey Dent.

Maggie Gyllenhaal was stunning and she played a great part--

'tis a shame she had to die.

Basically... ditto what DK said, and I loved Iron Man. Iron Man is still my new favorite superhero, but this movie topped it. And I have a new favorite villain, The Joker. It's too bad he didn't survive to make more movies, because as MH said this was definitely his greatest role. I'd say Ceasar Romero was 2nd best, and Jack Nicholson a far distant 3rd.

One thing I do have to say though, is DK,

Why so serious?

If I looked serious after the premiere, it was because I was speechless. I was trying to process what I just saw. I felt like I had been punched in the gut and thrown off a buidling! :2T:

The 3 greatest comic book movies are The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, and Iron Man. These are richly written comic book characters.

To me Batman is also the king of the Graphic Novel. He is one of the only characters that can be treated with such maturity. When you see The Dark Knight, you can see that the filmmakers have read: The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Year One, The Killing Joke and Hush just to name a few of the books. The Dark Knight movie is Graphic Novel come to life, which why it transcends the superhero genre, it is a flat out great chracacter driven crime drama.

Edited by Dark Kaniggit

It's too bad he didn't survive to make more movies, because as MH said this was definitely his greatest role. I'd say Ceasar Romero was 2nd best, and Jack Nicholson a far distant 3rd.

What about Mark Hamill

bbrotjpo.jpg

We wanted to call you, and Joel so he could take notes on the Joker's economic policy and see how it's basically the same as McCain's and every other conservative policy...

Haha, man. Between that and Zoidberg, I'm almost not angry I won't be able to see this until Sunday.

Man, this honky Gran'ma be trippin'. That movie was fucking king. Most people I poke to post-movie were blown away by the story, but for me it was simply a well represented acting out of

The Killing Joke & the same elements of DKR from the first, but expanded on

Harvey Dent from start to finish was the star of the show for me. I guess as much as anything because any comic fan worth his salt's taken an emotional journey with Batman at some point through the comics,

and not griping here, but Batman/Bruce really took a backseat to his supporting cast here. In terms of story and content, he probably had less screen time than even Rachel Dawes.

, and the Joker's part has been exposed to death through the media partially thanks to Heath Ledger's untimely departure, and credit where it's due- all the hype is right. Crazy-awesome Joker. He's the Clown Prince of Crime that will scare the living shit out of you.

Aarty, Ben- did you guys get the big spiel from the studio execs prior to screening about piracy and the night vision treatment? I thought it was the cinema being cautious but read in the paper afterward the studio sent their own security & frogmen to watch for anyone filming during the movie. Hell, a guy got pulled 3/4 of the way through for having his phone out at all, it was great.

Yeah, Skeet, we did. They did not allow cell phones in the theatre at all. You had to either leave them in the car (which we did), or check them with a claim stub, which fucked up the line getting out because the idiots didn't move aside to let people out, instead they stood like they were at an auction and plugged the exit up.

But worse than that was this dickhead when we got in the theatre who told everyone "everyone to the back of the theatre, no spacing, no saving seats." with a fruity lisp. I made faces and gave him the finger behind his back. I seriously, along with everyone else in the theatre, wanted to smack the shit out of him. We were at the front of the line... why the fuck should we have to sit in the fucking back? Anyway, we didn't we ignored him and sat kind where we wanted. I just hope he doesn't pull bullshit like that at another premire.

Those things are filled to capacity so you best believe he will. The Imax I like to go to fills up pretty quick, and ours was a capacity session so once most people are in they'll generally tell everyone to move toward the centre of the aisle, leaving any free gaps to the ends.

and not griping here, but Batman/Bruce really took a backseat to his supporting cast here. In terms of story and content, he probably had less screen time than even Rachel Dawes.

Yes! Finally, someone who agrees with me...

he pales in comparison to almost EVERYONE on screen...he was a disappointment IMHO.

Aarty, Ben- did you guys get the big spiel from the studio execs prior to screening about piracy and the night vision treatment? I thought it was the cinema being cautious but read in the paper afterward the studio sent their own security & frogmen to watch for anyone filming during the movie. Hell, a guy got pulled 3/4 of the way through for having his phone out at all, it was great.

They usually always give that shpiel at the screenings...but this time they were extra jerky.

What pissed me off was that they had promo playing cards to give out to everyone but they only gave it to the people who were going to the bathroom or concession stand...I was like, just because I'm not hungry or have to take a piss/shit doesn't mean that I don't deserve my joker playing card. Benny, DK & The Chancellor each got one...I got jipped.

What pissed me off was that they had promo playing cards to give out to everyone but they only gave it to the people who were going to the bathroom or concession stand...I was like, just because I'm not hungry or have to take a piss/shit doesn't mean that I don't deserve my joker playing card. Benny, DK & The Chancellor each got one...I got jipped.

That fucking sucks :( I'm sorry honey. You would think that since you were "loyal" and stayed the whole time, that you woulda gotten one! lol <3

Aw man, get 'em to take a pic!! I wanna see 'em!!

In regards to your above spoiler- that's a bit further than I'd go. I wouldn't say

disappointing, his performance was spot on as usual, it simply reflects the amazing supprt cast he had around him. Shane nearly blew his wad at the monitor bank hacked into every Mobile in the city, and Lucius Fox really shone as Batman's conscience. The main comment I had was that Rachel Dawes got a helluva personality injection between the two films!

See, that joke woulda stung 3 months ago but I have it now, so murr. All the Sony bullies are now making jokes about having their Fallout 3 preorders, or even entertaining the notion of RB2.

Back to the topic at hand though, on a minor point that's gonna sound petty, seeing Ledger play the Joker at first was a little sad, but then it struck me(and I apologise if this sounds like half-arsed nationalism) as slightly tragic that his last role wasn't a local role, that he's gonna be remembered for the most part as a great yank actor as opposed to a fucking amazing Australian who makes Hugh Jackman look like Dame edna. Any of you who haven't seen Two Hands, Check it out.

Oh and PS-- Was a little bummed that my early call for villian solicitation for the next movie wasn't fulfilled. Although the ending kicked arse.

Edited by Skeeter

There shouldn't be any security bs for them.

I gotta see Batman Begins again. I don't remember a heck of a lot about it.

Also... I'm calling it first. I predict Scarecrow as the next featured Batman villain.

Scarecrow was the villian in Batman Begins. Clearly you DO need to rewatch it.

I called

an allusion to Bane at the end of this one, which I didn't get but realistically it's not to be ruled out.

Seriously though, let's see Ra's & his lazurus pits from 1 in 3, but have 3 mostly revolve around Knightfall if possible. I could've turned a blind eye to Schumacher's crimes but for his treatment of Bane in Batman & Robin.