Hondo's Bar

Half-Life 2: Episode 3

The NZA

oh.

in that case, :pig: for having read the whole F.A.Q. that's where my bar's at.

dont let this interrupt skeet & baytor talking psych & shooters, though. that combination always gives me mahogany.

I have a feeling that if Hondos bar ever becomes a real physical entity like you want you will hand out F.A.Q. pamphlets at the door which will quickly be folded into origami birds and paper footballs.

• 6 months later...

Please tell me that's a viral video released by Valve to garner interest?

I mean the sound effects are from Half-Life, as is the CG (I'm fairly certain those were combine helicopters), and even though the guys in masks looked more like the government agents from The Crazies that was definitely the citadel and the swirling vortex of evil.

Is the puzzle cube going to be in Episode 3? Are we going to have to fight Pinhead? Are the Combine secretly Cenobites?

• 10 months later...

I find it somewhat hard to believe that Valve are having trouble scraping together cash seeing that nothing they've put out has been anything less than an instant hit. Then again maybe Episode 3 will be the most epic thing yet and lead directly into Half-Life 3.

I'm going out on a limb here but money isn't valve's problem, it's the way they do desgin. It's basicly the blizzard/nintendo model, it'll be done when it's done and we think it's done and not one second before and damn the cost. Now this leads to fantasic cames(hl 1 and 2, all blizz games, most nintendo games) but can also lead to duke nukem forever(fuck you so hard you fucking piece of shit fuckers..... fuck) the problem you can always reach(as I doubt they will run out of money) is that you can release a game too late and it is no longer relevent but as you can see with sc2 it can take decades before that happens.

I'm always of 2 minds of this way. As I said on one hand it makes for some really great polished games and are fun and awesome, on the other I want to kill kittens waiting for this shit. There has to be a happy middle ground for this shit.

• 1 year later...

Archived