Hondo's Bar

LIPS.

HypnotizinChikns

From x-box 360.com,

Microsoft takes to a whole new stage with Lips, an all-new music franchise exclusively for Xbox 360®. Lips is the only singing game offering wireless motion sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own collection of DRM-free songs. Start channeling your favorite pop star because it's you, your friends, and most importantly, your music that makes this the ultimate party experience this holiday. Keiichi Yano, celebrated developer behind some of the industry's most beloved rhythm games, brings his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to the first and only singing game offering interactive sound effects and the music to make your party rock all night long. Toss your apprehensions out the window and join the party.

• Two wireless interactive microphones: Featuring stylish interactive motion sensors and lights, the microphones respond to the singer's actions and can be utilized as percussion accompaniments. With the freedom and encouragement provided by the high quality wireless microphones, everyone can live out their singing dreams in style.
  • The best music: Lips ships with a diverse selection of songs, including your favorite blasts from the past like "Bust a Move" by Young MC, as well as new songs from breakout artists like "Mercy" by Duffy, and "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and John.
  • Sing your music collection: Customize your experience with the songs that matter most by singing along with friends to any DRM-free music from your own personal collection. (they mean your ZUNE! YAY!)
  • Play along: Using the standard Xbox 360 controller, up to two people can join the fun and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniments to play along. By placing control of various tambourines, claps, and of course, the ubiquitous cowbell, at the finger tips of anyone with a controller, you have a social entertainment experience for friends, family, and kids alike!
  • Constant flow of new music: From the songs that come with the game, to your own music collection, and the ability to download new tracks from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, Lips continuously provides new music to bring people together and keep the party going.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/lips/

friggin' sweet.

• 3 months later...

The trailers are up at the website in my first post. i also went to the forum to check things out, it looks as though some of the songs you obtian legally will not work so well on LIPS. The trailer however did show the Zune being hooked up to the console, so hopefully, anything that i downloaded off of Zune marketplace will work. If not, then i'm going to be slightly irritated by the whole thing.

...wow.

props to amazon, but yeah, that means my whole illegitimate collection should be cool, unless putting them into itunes somehow tainted them. really odd point, though.

Most of them should work, so long as you didn't buy them from Apple.

anyhow, song list is out, and it ROCKS!!

a-ha “Take on Me”

Alicia Keys “No One”

Aly & AJ “Potential Break Up Song”

Avril Lavigne “Complicated”

Ben E. King “Stand by Me”

Beyoncé “Irreplaceable”

Blondie “Call Me”

Chris Brown “With You”

Coldplay “Yellow”

Depeche Mode “Personal Jesus”

Destiny’s Child “Survivor”

Dido “White Flag”

Duffy “Mercy”

Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf”

John Denver “Take Me Home, Country Roads”

Johnny Cash “Ring of Fire”

Leona Lewis “Bleeding Love”

Lil’ Mama “Lip Gloss”

Lupe Fiasco (featuring Matthew Santos) “Superstar”

Maroon 5 “Makes Me Wonder”

Nirvana “In Bloom”

Peter Bjorn and John “Young Folks”

Queen “Another One Bites the Dust”

R.E.M. “The One I Love”

Radiohead “Fake Plastic Trees”

The Ramones “I Wanna Be Sedated”

Rascal Flatts “Stand”

Rihanna “Umbrella”

Roxette “Listen to Your Heart”

Sara Bareilles “Love Song”

Sheryl Crow “Soak Up the Sun”

Taylor Swift “I’m Only Me When I’m With You”

The Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian”

The Fray “Over My Head (Cable Car)”

The Jackson 5 “ABC”

The Police “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”

The Raveonettes “Love in a Trashcan”

Trace Adkins “Ladies Love Country Boys”

Weezer “Island in the Sun”

Young MC “Bust a Move”

Ring of Fire and Country Roads make this an instant buy.

Though the inclusion of Lip Gloss one of the worst songs of all time makes Baby Jesus cry.

Archived