Hondo's Bar

Fantasy Football

IceManML

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Thanks to the help from Chris Johnson (1 point) and Bernard Berrian (0 points), I'm only up 72-59 in my NFL league, with Larry Fitzgerald yet to play. Sounds good right? My opponent has Kurt Warner AND Anquan Boldin.

In my yahoo league, I'm up 87-70. I have Fitzgerald and the Cardinals DST yet to play. My opponent again has Warner and Boldin. Had a monster game from Cutler (48 points), but Brian Westbrook (5 points) and Jamal Charles (0 points, was a bye week replacement for Portis) negated that performance.

Hopefully Warner targets only Fitz tonight...but you know Boldin gets all the TDs.

I'm sorry to say dude, but tonight... I'm rootin' AGAINST you! I'm down by seven and I got Boldin and the Arizona D still left to play...

Sure win, right? Well, he's got Fitz! Shit, if Fitzgerald gets his head ripped off during the game, I'll send the defender that did it a fruit basket.

So, I don't know who to start at WR. Here are my options...

Fitzgerald - No question there, must start

Then,

Bernard Berrian (at TB, projected 7 points) Has been very reliable, except for last week, 0 points

Mushin Muhammad (vs. Det, projected 12 points) Off and on, Steve Smith and D. Williams hog all the TDs

Roy Williams (at Was, projected 11 points) Fantasy dud all season, but Romo is starting and hes No. 2 in Dallas

Michael Jenkins (vs. Den, projected 11 points) Coming into his own, had 6 catches last game and is a solid No. 2 in ATL

What do you think?

If it were I, I'd start either Muhammad or Berrian. Here's why: Detroit is garbage this year. Yeah Smith is the #1 guy, but the ball is gonna spread around that game for sure. Berrian is as you said has been very reliable, so he's ok, but the Bucs D is great this year. He's second cuz Williams, although the best of the bunch, IS in a new offense and isn't in the swing of things, IN MY OPINION, over at Dallas. Even with Romo back, I still think they're gonna lose (I don't think even TO will have a big game). As far as Jenkins is concerned... he's the wildcard. Atlanta is Miami this year except without the Wildcat. Also remember that both Ginn and Camarillo (and every Dolphin player) had big games against Denver so he could too.

Having said ALL THAT... I'd go with Mushin Muhammaad. He's the safest. Good luck!

Reading your post again I realize you still need a 3rd receiver. I'd play Fitz (duh), Muhammad AND... (drumroll please) Williams. Why? That mutha's a stud and you know the rule? Always play your studs. I could be wrong about all that other shit I said before and the guy could have a HUGE game! Roll the dice, my friend... cause you don't win big unless you take some chances!

You screwed me on Muhammad...but i wenwith Berrian and ended up winning my game by 1pt...

This week I have a QB issue...

Brady Quinn (Projected 15pts vs. HOU) Fag gave me 8 points last game, unacceptable.

Joe Flacco (Projected 12pts vs. PHI) Been great as of late, tough PHI defense tho.

or waiver wire pick up, Marc Bulger (projected 17pts vs. CHI) Has weapons, CHI secondary sucks, sleeper on most fantasy columns this week.

Also, I've decided to start Roy Wiliams over Mushin Muhammad this week. He plays against a horrible SF defense, and Muhammad has been blowing like Miles Davi.

Your thoughts so I can do the exact opposite...

Well, I say dump your whole squad and start all over... there's some hidden jems on that waiver wire, dude! Randy McMichael! Ernest Wilford! Ashley Lelie (who?)!!! I don't know man, you know this shit ain't an exact science?! The NFL is about as predictable as... well, something really unpredictable! I'm 10-2, in first place and have clinched a play-off spot. I must be doing something right!

As for your QB situation... I'd go with Flacco... and that's all I'll say.

• 2 weeks later...

So playoff are here...every position is set except for WR...i need to pick 2 of the four, your thoughts mister Portis over Westbrook!

Antonio Bryant (@ Atlanta)

Lance Moore (@ Chicago)

Donald Driver (@ Jacksonville)

Vincent Jackson (@Kansas City)

My gut is saying to go with Bryant for sure, but for my 3rd option is up in the air...

So playoff are here...every position is set except for WR...i need to pick 2 of the four, your thoughts mister Portis over Westbrook!

Antonio Bryant (@ Atlanta)

Lance Moore (@ Chicago)

Donald Driver (@ Jacksonville)

Vincent Jackson (@Kansas City)

My gut is saying to go with Bryant for sure, but for my 3rd option is up in the air...

Damn, this is tough. Moore I'd eliminate right away cause his match-up is tough. Chi-Town D vs Brees... you just never know. I'm scared myself! Jackson had a HUGE game last week and he's playing KC this week, but I don't know. Driver's also playing a suspect team. Dude, I don't freakin' know!

Bryant and Driver. Fuck it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in 3 leagues this year including my own i made the playoffs in all however i only made the championships in 1which i lost... at least i still made it tho..

last year i won a league and came in 2nd in a pay league..

yea.. im just that good ;) ..maybe u noobz'll let me pwn u next year ..dont be shy.. reply! (to the thread every1 seemed to ignore that is o_O)

..now back to dl'in dragonball ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived