Hondo's Bar

Dexter

• 8 months later...

pshaw! that leaked to these internets weeks ago. weeks!!

"family man" dex...its an interesting angle, i imagine its gonna be riddled with tension as dex seems to be living his life waiting for the other shoe to drop.

this "greatest serial killer evar" angle could play out interesting, too

• 1 month later...

I KNOW, RIGHT. Also, Deb is top notch for telling Anton right off after it all happened, rather than let it fester forever.

Also, I feel so bad for Rita. At first I was thinking "well damn girl, CALM THE FUCK DOWN. It's all good!" but the more I thought about it the worse I felt for her character. With Dexter's past of cheating and "drugs", finding out the apt wasn't taken care of has got to be hard for her. She can be naggy and annoying at times, but she fucking cares and is a real sweetheart.

I really did not expect for Lithgow's character to actually have a family himself. This is gonna be a bitch for Dex, and I wonder how it's going to play out. I was seriously expecting him to go to the other guy's house and murder the family or some shit.

I can't wait for the next episode!

I finally caught up w/ this season a few days ago. Um, wow! This is definitely my favorite season since the first one. All you MIA Hondonians are gonna have to take us on a Dex-Tour of Miami. I want a pic of me by his apt. bldg, damnit! The webisodes are meh, not great, but interesting enough to watch.

Trinity's actions in the last 2 episodes have been totally OMGWTF!!?!!!11!?!!1.

I know what you mean about Lundy, Nick. How does shit get more surprising than that!?!? I really thought the writers would drag Lundy out for the season and have him discover Dex's secret only to be killed by Trinity. But having him go so early on in the season and reveal the family man aspect was a complete surprise for me. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Also, family killin' mom-cop episode was fantastic! And the actress that plays Deb should have an Emmy nomination for that scene in the parking lot where Lundy died and she breaks down in front of Dex. I won't front...it got me misty-eyed.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
tags

• 4 weeks later...
the 4th season is shaping up very well. Just this last episode has crossed so many lines that you thought the show wouldn't. you'll see. (episode 9)

I thought it was a bit cliche how they revealed Trinity's family to be so dramatically yet stereotypically

dysfunctional. But I really liked Dex's reaction and realization he is not the same as Trinity (at least in a few important ways). Plus Rita ruining Masuka's Thanksgiving by making out w/ neighbor guy and hot naked reporter girl being revealed as Trinity's daughter/accomplice was a great twist.

The show has veered more into melodrama territory and is less about subtlety than I think it originally started off with in S1, but they're still compelling tales. And I've got Mad Men I can watch for subtlety. ;)

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
tags corrections

mh, post when you get a chance let us know what you think

i just finished the last episode. they did a good job, giving just enough to pull your hair out to see more at the end when the credits are rolling. This is definitely the best season of the show. especially what happens in 10. the writers didn't wus or cop out going where you think towards the middle.

did you notice?

there's so much going on that dexter isn't killing one person per show like he normally does