Hondo's Bar

Dexter

all caught up - holy shit, these last 2 episodes are gonna be intense. and they cant stop hyping the last few moments of the finale, dying to see that - you think his secret'll get out, or wha?

ps what's wrong with cliffhanger? best action movie involving mountains with stallone, ever

• 2 weeks later...
Right?!

I... I cried a little :(

awww, me too! :(

when dexter called rita's cellphone and realized it was still in the house, I thought that trinity had taken rita and put her somewhere and since dexter killed trinity, he'd have to spend next season trying to find her. man, i really didn't expect another huge death after lundy this season.

Edited by La Lindsay

yes, it definately went in a different direction. i don't know about everyone else, but with all that digging up dexter's past, i was thinking it was never clear as to who his real father was and how ironic it would be that trinity was his real father. dex would have to not only suffered killing his brother, but the same to his biological "father". so that scene where trinity was gonna get it, i expected something to connect him to dexter. like the record playing and him remembering something about the music. somehow, i do think it might have been better to have done it in that direction rather than offing rita, which seems to have more of a shock value. And they just put in a little aside, this looks a lot like how you grew up.... on the other hand, rita was somehow getting in the way of dexter's killings, which in this season dwarfed seasons 1-3.

all in all, definately the best season of dexter

That's how you fucking end a season.

Trufax. I hate to be that guy, but I totally saw the bathtub scene coming once Dex didn't kill Trinity the first night he followed him home.. I hoped it wouldn't though as I love Rita. Total MILF. However, the

son in the pool of blood and the parallels to Dexter's own "rebirth" as a killer w/ a dark passenger" was a mind blowing moment.

See, here's my problem with the whole

born in blood thing with Dexter's son. The kid is far too young to remember this, so unless they go the supernatural angle that the books went in, then his son's rebirth is kinda doubtful.

I agree. I'm not really for Harrison getting his own Dark Passenger either. For all the similarities w/ the birth of Dexter's own Dark Passenger, Harrison's was very different. Dex witness four violent & bloody murders at the age of three then was left among the corpses for two days. Harrison is less than one, likely never saw much violence done to Rita, and was left alone for a few hours. Unless the series turns to the supernatural like the books do (go check out Wikipedia) then I think giving Harrison his own Dark Passenger would be a big logic fail for the series.

I didn't read the books, but did read the Wiki entry, so of course I'm well versed. :love: Anyway, the parallels were great between Dex and Harrison in that final scene of this season, but I don't think there were enough to birth Harrison's own Dark Passenger unless it does go supernatural, which would be an interesting 180 for the series.

Personally I'm hoping for no time jumps between the end of this season and the beginning of next season. I'd like to see Dexter learning to become a true father, and not just a "pretend" dad like he was when Rita was around, and begin to try and rid himself of his "dark passenger."

Personally I'm hoping for no time jumps between the end of this season and the beginning of next season. I'd like to see Dexter learning to become a true father, and not just a "pretend" dad like he was when Rita was around, and begin to try and rid himself of his "dark passenger."

spoiler tags be damned, eh?

yeah, he's gonna be one-on-one with all he's got left, it should be more personal rather than just the humor of juggling. i still expect him to be a bit more unhinged, either slacking off more than last season with his code (you think about it, he fucked up a lot in season 4 and a lot of people died for it), or tightening his shit back up and still feeling the consequences of his fuckups possibly, but either way, i imagine he goes back to fulltime klliing and we get at least one guy an episode like before.

another board i was at was discussing: did he react to the season finale, or not? did he just sort've move past it, as a sociopath might, thinking of his own actions here & such, or - like he commented when being picked up from jail - is he deviating from that, and feeling things now (i.e., shame with Rita)?

spoiler tags be damned, eh?

yeah, he's gonna be one-on-one with all he's got left, it should be more personal rather than just the humor of juggling. i still expect him to be a bit more unhinged, either slacking off more than last season with his code (you think about it, he fucked up a lot in season 4 and a lot of people died for it), or tightening his shit back up and still feeling the consequences of his fuckups possibly, but either way, i imagine he goes back to fulltime klliing and we get at least one guy an episode like before.

another board i was at was discussing: did he react to the season finale, or not? did he just sort've move past it, as a sociopath might, thinking of his own actions here & such, or - like he commented when being picked up from jail - is he deviating from that, and feeling things now (i.e., shame with Rita)?

spoiler tags when you get this lengthy can be a pain. by this point everyone who's in the conversation in this thread should know. . .

interesting. so you think the show will go back to it's old "kill of the week" format? personally i hope they avoid that. the show should change as dex changes. it doesn't really make sense to me that he'd have all this emotional growth then regress so drastically. baytor made a good reference w/ mr. brooks. although i don't think dex is capable of feeling any guilt, at least not yet. it'll be interesting to see how/if he handles any feelings of responsibility for rita's death. he mentions making a mistake by killing the innocent photographer several times after it happened, but has he shown any real remorse? i don't think so. dex is much too focussed on himself and his feelings or lack thereof. as a character the only way he can grow is by starting to take the feelings of other, i.e. his kids', and place them before his own. that's a ig challenge for a lot of "normal" parents much less a sociopath. i think that process could make for interesting TV.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this, and must agree with a lot of what has been said here. I began to suspect something might be coming up for Dexter, as Trinity easily accepted his fate and wasn't begging for mercy.

MILFish as Rita was, she was inherently annoying.

Absolute shocking ending though, Jan and I were just sat there in stunned silence.

I see Julia Stiles and Johnny Lee Miller are cast in the next series.

• 3 weeks later...

season 5 trailer- only watch if you're caught up:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

28gqlqf.jpg

ps future spoilers! quinn ends up conveniently dead like doaks, deb finds out & takes him down in season 6. or he dies first, i dunno.

It was such a waste when Doakes died. I felt it was one of the best characthers... But then again, how much else could he have done with all the stocking on Dex...

This season promises to be intense :)

Edited by The NZA
spoilers, even if they're from years ago