Hondo's Bar

Dexter

season 5 trailer- only watch if you're caught up: . ..

28gqlqf.jpg

ps future spoilers! quinn ends up conveniently dead like doaks, deb finds out & takes him down in season 6. or he dies first, i dunno.

Co-signed w/ fighter pilot T-Rex's sentiments. Re. the trailer: oh.mah.gah.

When Dexter is holding the baby and says, "You're gonna hate me some day." Intense. This is now officially my most anticipated series--True Blood can go fuck a "werestud" in the swamp for all I care. And re. Nick's future prediction, I'd be disappointed if they do another Doakes w/ Quinn. I don't think this is the last season, but it has to be near the end for old Dex. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Hakus:

oh, ill be disappointed too...really, i think the show does crazy-interesting things by making you basically root for a serial killer, but it's biggest fault are the convenient deux ex's, doake's was among the absolute worst for me. show paints itself into a corner, things just work out for ol' Dex in some stupid way that we gotta fast-forward real quick so you dont dwell too much on it. that's the kicker: let's say Quinn finds out, what then? is he supposed to keep it under his hat, or become the next "buddy" of Dex's? either way, you now have to wipe him off the table by the season's end. it's almost as painful as watching his stupid-ass boss's horrible relationship with mr generic cubano.

also - and i know some take this as a spoiler in itself - but supposedly, it's already been announced that Dex gets one more season. sorry if you didn't wanna know that, but yeah, it's not gonna rap itself up at the end of this one...still, completely agreed with you that the end can't/shouldn't be far at this point.

Hah, if only, Panch. If I was quicker on my feet I could've made up a possible lie like we were visiting people in the complex, but hindsight is 20/20.

One time I was with my friends, Erika (RobitussinEF on here) and Jaymar (dude we went to high school with), and we were on our way back from South Beach when Jay made an unexpected right onto the bridge of Star Island. We were like 'what the fuck are you doing? We're just gonna get turned around'. And in his crazy way he said, 'don't worry, I got this' (alcohol was involved). We get to the security gate and Jay proceeds to create this elaborate lie about how he was Gloria Estefan's cousin and that we've been invited over for dinner and he's all saying random names of family members and shit. And after the 5 minute bullshit session the guy is like, 'you're not really Gloria's cousin are you? You just wanna see the houses, huh'. Jay admits to it and the guy let's us through! 'One lap, you guys. That's it'. At some point I think I saw Jay's arm drop outside the window (he was known for for paying off door guys, security guards, waiters and people before), but I'm not totally sure. Anyways, the point is... um, I don't know what the point is, but this conversation reminded me of that. Heh.

Panch: pics or it didn't happen. :2T:

Hakus:

oh, ill be disappointed too...really, i think the show does crazy-interesting things by making you basically root for a serial killer, but it's biggest fault are the convenient deux ex's, doake's was among the absolute worst for me. show paints itself into a corner, things just work out for ol' Dex in some stupid way that we gotta fast-forward real quick so you dont dwell too much on it. that's the kicker: let's say Quinn finds out, what then? is he supposed to keep it under his hat, or become the next "buddy" of Dex's? either way, you now have to wipe him off the table by the season's end. it's almost as painful as watching his stupid-ass boss's horrible relationship with mr generic cubano.

also - and i know some take this as a spoiler in itself - but supposedly, it's already been announced that Dex gets one more season. sorry if you didn't wanna know that, but yeah, it's not gonna rap itself up at the end of this one...still, completely agreed with you that the end can't/shouldn't be far at this point.

Yeah, no worries about that Nick. I figured as much since they usually announce that type of thing. Depending on how this Quinn thing works out. . .

(my guess is Quinn doesn't die but gets either transferred or blackmailed by Dex b/c Quin has his own shady past of dating serial killers and taking bribes or some combination of the two) I can see the show going for another season--especially if they do a time jump or something.

However, Dex has been a truly great character study and I'd hate to see the great stuff of the past seasons ruined by another "serial killer of the week" type season or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else catch season 5 ep 1 yet? Slow starter, and maybe the

constant flashes back to Rita/Dexter courtship were overly sentimental & needless backfil before they show some teeth, and maybe Dexter attacking a random gentleman in the bathroom is just fucking strange & uncharacteristically sloppy, was worth it for Harry's 'acknowledgement' though.

I have high hopes for this season, but it was a definite fumble @ the whistle.

Anyone else catch season 5 ep 1 yet? Slow starter, and maybe the

constant flashes back to Rita/Dexter courtship were overly sentimental & needless backfil before they show some teeth, and maybe Dexter attacking a random gentleman in the bathroom is just fucking strange & uncharacteristically sloppy, was worth it for Harry's 'acknowledgement' though.

I have high hopes for this season, but it was a definite fumble @ the whistle.

Saw it Sunday night. Was a very 'Meh' episode, but I think this was not really the start of the new season, but rather a

segway to season 5/memorial episode for Rita. I don't think they could have just jumped forward as usual due to the significance of her death.

damn, dude. do you have discs? hope you're prepared to watch em on PC, and possibly even say "thank you".

about ep 1:

agreed with JZA on slopiness, agreed with space on the need to slow down for this one.

is skeletor-banging tancop gonna be the new doakes (discover dex's secret, conveniently die afterwards) or is this gonna be another "dex is his own worst enemey" seasons? I imagine 1-2 eps tops with dex looking after rita's kids, they go to grandma's after he fails miserably, and the hunt beings. shame we're not looking at nearly as great a villain this season.