Hondo's Bar

Morgan Freeman Seriously Injured

fnc.jpg

Morgan Freeman Injured in Car Accident

Monday, August 04, 2008

foxnews_story.gif

Actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident in Mississippi on Monday, TMZ.com reported.

The accident occurred around 11:30 p.m. near the small town of Ruleville. Freeman, 71, was airlifted from the scene to a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

The "Dark Knight" star was accompanied by an unknown female, TMZ reported. Her condition is unknown.

MyFoxMemphis spoke to Bill Luckett, Freeman's friend and business partner, who said that the actor was sitting up and talking.

Click here to read more from MyFOXMemphis.

Officials at Regional Medical Center at Memphis — known as "The Med" — confirm Freeman was brought there last night and is a patient. Representatives from the hospital said his condition was "serious" but did not offer further comment.

Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.

Freeman is an Academy Award-winning actor, film director and narrator.

Why's it so damn hard to hate on Morgan Freeman? If I heard this same news about 9 out of 10 celebrities, I wouldn't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock and I'd prob'ly add some hateful messages to any board I saw on the topic.

But not this guy. I sincerely hope for the best for him and everyone involved.

Agreed.

Word is he broke his arm and shoulder but should make a decent recovery, though it'll take some months.

It's kind of refreshing to read about a celebrity car crash that had neither of the passengers intoxicated and both wearing their seatbelts.

It's kind of refreshing to read about a celebrity car crash that had neither of the passengers intoxicated and both wearing their seatbelts.

yeah, now that you mention it, that is refreshing.

wait, arch, who jumped out a river.

Who will narrate things now?! Because Hollywood will never accept my script for March of the Penguins 2: March Harder narrated by "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

In all seriousness though glad to know he's okay, he may be heading toward Samuel L. Jackson territory career-wise right now (Just picture him saying the Snakes on a Plane line, I dare you) but that doesn't change the fact that he's a great actor.

The guy can still do voiceovers with a broken arm. I think at this point, the guy could do voiceovers with his head separated from his body, if he had to. And if he couldn't, fuck it, they can go back through his filmogrophy, mix and match lines of wisdom and apply it to whatever they need.

Which might be a fun experiment, come to think of it...

Let's all play Ignore the Moron.

Didn't they do that with Humphrey Bogart a few years ago on an episode of the new Twilight Zone?

If they did, I'm sure it was awesome. We could all use a little more digitally altered Humphrey Bogart in our contemporary entertainment.

Archived