Hondo's Bar

Batman: Arkham Asylum

The NZA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dammit, I should have posted here when I was playing this last week instead of the gaming journal.

I need to learn to use that search function.

I, too, thought the lead up to the Scarecrow fight was awesome. I didn't figure out what was going on until a minute or so after I found "Gordon". So goddamn cool.

anyone sitting on this one: its $40 now most places. Toys R Us is pricematching with a $20 gift card - i dont mind waiting (shelf life on most games these days means i can get em online for $25-30 within mere months) but if you're eager, its a good deal.

arch: this your/your roomate's copy? Bish & co are sitting on ghostbusters if you're still down to swap, whenever you guys're done.

anyone sitting on this one: its $40 now most places. Toys R Us is pricematching with a $20 gift card - i dont mind waiting (shelf life on most games these days means i can get em online for $25-30 within mere months) but if you're eager, its a good deal.

arch: this your/your roomate's copy? Bish & co are sitting on ghostbusters if you're still down to swap, whenever you guys're done.

I ended up buying ghostbusters, and no, this copy is 100% Arch

I'm LOVING this game. it's worth it to buy it, but alas, my ass is broke, so it goes back to the rental place in the a.m. unless i hide it, and no one can ever find it until i can beat it. Probably not going to happen.

It plays like a movie, there's also some puzzle solving and lots of roaming around. Your rewards are better bat-gadgets, the game gets harder as you go, but not to the point where it's impossible, just more challenging. The Scarecrow looks AMAZING. i wish he looked like that in the movie. Just awesome charecter design all the way through. Even Batman changes during the game, his costume gets some serious wear and tear. The music is really good as well. I'd could go on and on, and into more detail but I don't want to spoil all the cool surprises!

• 4 months later...

Got this for Christmas, just finished story mode yesterday, and all the riddles today. My God what a fucking game.

One of the best I've played in a long time. And I gotta gree with Arch and the rest, the build up to the Scarecrow levels were freaky as fuck.

Overall an unbeliveably well pu together game.

10/10

Archived