Hondo's Bar

Tropic Thunder

While that is certainly messed up as shit, it seems just about everybody of Wallace's ilk was that fucked up. Gibson played a crazed lunatic among a bunch of reasonably sane Celts who drank tea and talked about the latest Jane Austen novel when they weren't busy knifing Brits. He may have been crazy, but lets face it, just about everybody involved in that shit was a bit off their fucking rocker.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah they've been downplaying the fact that Kirk Lazarus was a straight up mockery of Heath Ledger due to his death but I'm glad somebody had the balls to finally point out that Brokeback Mountain was a stupid movie.

Wait, people were afraid to give that movie shit? Huh. Clearly this PC business is a whole new animal over there. Haven't seen the movie myself(if I can find the scene where Anne Hathaway gets topless I might be down to watch), but everywhere down under is 'oh that Heath and his bang-brother Jake! What the fuck was the guy thinking?'. If the guy were still alive and attended a red carpet premiere in Sydney for DK, no doubt someone woulda asked him 'How's not fudgepacking in poor movies treating you?'.

You yanks are such a sensitve lot.

Wait, people were afraid to give that movie shit? Huh. Clearly this PC business is a whole new animal over there. Haven't seen the movie myself(if I can find the scene where Anne Hathaway gets topless I might be down to watch), but everywhere down under is 'oh that Heath and his bang-brother Jake! What the fuck was the guy thinking?'. If the guy were still alive and attended a red carpet premiere in Sydney for DK, no doubt someone woulda asked him 'How's not fudgepacking in poor movies treating you?'.

You yanks are such a sensitve lot.

Yeah I don't get it either, we can make fun of Charlize Theron for playing the most disgusting woman ever in a movie where she plays a murderous prostitute and punishes you for ever even entertaining the idea that a sex scene between Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci would be anything less than horrifying.

But throw in gay cowboys going at each other like hormone injected stud horses and I'm being "homophobic" because I think it's kind of insulting that apparently gay men can't have sex that allows both of them to be able to sit down for the rest of that week.

You really can't get past that, huh? They were fuckin' cowboys in the homophobic midwest - they had to feel like they were maintaining their masculinity somehow. Please don't tell me you're comparing these characters to the one in which Charlize Theron plays a prostitute who murders people.

And yet, you claim the word faggot is equivalent to 'nigger' there, but a man can't play a gay cowboy in a movie without bringing shame to his homeland.

Narp. Never said he brought us national shame, we're just not afraid to give out to him for making a gay and shitty film. :)

You really can't get past that, huh? They were fuckin' cowboys in the homophobic midwest - they had to feel like they were maintaining their masculinity somehow. Please don't tell me you're comparing these characters to the one in which Charlize Theron plays a prostitute who murders people.

Hey and they played the stereotype to the point of near-parody so that's all well and good but I was supposed to be watching a love story, but from what I can gather their definition of love was pretty much getting together and fucking each other's brains out every now and then. I saw no emotional connection between the two characters, the just really really liked having sex with one-another.

And yes I am comparing the two, not so much the murderous prostitute bit, but the character, yes.

Archived