Hondo's Bar

Ghostbusters (2016)

wait, i saw Tales from the Hood, you gotta be talking about a different film.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you making a joke or are you actually confusing this with this?f

In on-topic news, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Danny McBride as a Ghostbuster. I think the whole 80s metal redneck type would be a good addition to the cast.

Still nothing yet on imdb.com about GB3. Must be an ultra-secret project, or just not enough info to put it up on that site.

Could Ghostbuster 3 be a CGI-film like Star Wars: The Clone Wars??? Oh God I hope not! Check out this article on Wikipedia:

Ghostbusters III is a proposed project. During his interview with Mike McGuire on CISN Country 103.9 FM in Edmonton, Alberta, Dan Aykroyd announced that Ghostbusters III: Hellbent will be CGI. "I can do all the things I wanted to do for much, much less money," he stated. Aykroyd wrote the script, which was described by IGN as being "too technical", with a new team of Ghostbusters that were not clearly delineated and had no group conflict or leading personalities.[19] Bill Murray has been thought to have held up the making of a third Ghostbusters movie, despite Aykroyd's enthusiasm, due to his preference that the movie be animated and his dislike of sequels.[20] However, he has now signed on to make the movie now that it will be CGI.[21] Harold Ramis is already attached. Sigourney Weaver has not expressed enthusiasm at doing another sequel.[22]

Harold Ramis mentioned in 2005 that he wanted Ben Stiller to take Bill Murray's part in the then titled Ghostbusters in Hell.[23][24] The plot was to follow the three Ghostbusters attempting to find a replacement for Bill Murray's character while dealing with ghosts rejected from hell.[25] Aykroyd later elaborated, now that Murray is on board, that in the movie "We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It's all where the cops are--they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil in it".[26] Jason Reitman, the son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, has stated that he has little interest in directing the movie.[27]. He was a guest on The Howard Stern Show on April 10, 2008; when he was asked if he would direct Ghostbusters 3 and cast Howard, he said "do you know how many times I get asked if I want to do Ghostbusters 3? Looking at my career so far, I mean if you just looked at my two films, I would make the most boring Ghostbusters movie. It would just be people talking about ghosts, there wouldn't be any ghost-busting in it." Ernie Hudson told Moviehole.net, that Ghostbusters III is still very much a possibility. He said he hoped that the new video game would generate renewed interest in a 3rd Ghostbusters film. [28]

On September 4, 2008, Columbia Pictures signed on Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (writers for the U.S. version of The Office) to script a third film. No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is complete.[29] The story will feature old and new Ghostbusters.[30] Ramis had collaborated with Eisenberg and Stupnitsky on The Year One. Judd Apatow is also producing that film, and has made other films for Columbia, so they hope he will provide cast members for Ghostbusters III. Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman are consulting on the project, and Bill Murray will be involved on some level

Edited by Acalis

I just hope when they say "CGI" they mean that the movie is gonna be real, but have elements of CG (like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy), and NOT as a CG-cartoon like Star Wars: The Clone Wars ! If they shoot it like they did for Star Wars Eps. I-III, then the movie would be downright awesome! I'd love to see a CG-rendered Slimer! But as a full CG-cartoon? Please dear God NOOOOO!!! :blink:

The cg idea was for Akroyd's GBIII pitch in the 90s. This is an entirely new project and I don't think they're thinking cg.

I sure hope so. Star Wars: The Clone Wars really bombed badly I heard. I hope they don't have the same thing in mind for Ghostbusters III. Just stick to the basics, and use CG to spruce things up.

On the other hand TMNT was awesome, not to mention it'd be harder for 'em to fuck up voice acting than actually wheeling their tired old arses out onscreen. I just hope and pray this is more Dark Knight Returns than Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Well true. Although I haven't seen TMNT yet, I heard it was really good. Still if you're gonna do a CG-cartoon version of Ghostbusters, it shouldn't be a sequel, but maybe an in-between movie or something.

Yes but TMNT was featured 6 foot tall turtles in bandannas with weapons, naturally they're going to look better CG than live action. Some of the film's cartoony-ness was what bothered me. Plus you don't make a sequel to two live action movies animated, only stupid movies like Stuart Little make that fatal mistake, you'll lose half your audience that way. I love animated films, but this is a perfect example of gross overuse of the movie-making style.

Yes but TMNT was featured 6 foot tall turtles in bandannas with weapons, naturally they're going to look better CG than live action. Some of the film's cartoony-ness was what bothered me. Plus you don't make a sequel to two live action movies animated, only stupid movies like Stuart Little make that fatal mistake, you'll lose half your audience that way. I love animated films, but this is a perfect example of gross overuse of the movie-making style.

It makes sense to do a CG-cartoon when you making a movie that's based off a cartoon series. One would think that to turn a cartoon into a live-action movie would be cinematic suicide, but for the TMNT movies, it worked out pretty well (except for TMNT 3, which I thought was the worst of them).

Man, imdb.com can't be trusted. They've had a page for Phantasm 5 for like 10 years now.

What pisses me off is they withhold some movie information and make it available only for those registered with IMDBPro! Like for example, try looking up info for Beverly Hills Cop 4, and The Holy Road (aka Dances With Wolves 2).

Edited by Acalis

Was, was Acalis being uncharacteristically hilarious there or is there really a Dances with Wolves 2?

Putting an Elite/top-end version on any old thing like that's just good business. MS does the same thing with Gold Vs silver members, because I know I don't pay for gold to play fucking Battlefield or Halo with Wankers who can't stop telling me how high they are.

Hey wow.

PS- I wasn't meaning to sound like a cunt there(I just reread it and it comes off that way to me anyways), what I meant was, ragging on the Costner isn't normally your thing, so I meant "Humourous in an uncharacteristic way" as opposed to "what's this guy doing being funny?".

Hey wow.

PS- I wasn't meaning to sound like a cunt there(I just reread it and it comes off that way to me anyways), what I meant was, ragging on the Costner isn't normally your thing, so I meant "Humourous in an uncharacteristic way" as opposed to "what's this guy doing being funny?".

Meh it's cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...