Hondo's Bar

Ghostbusters (2016)

Whoa! I think it is a hearse. If memory serves, Aykroyd's original concept for the vehicle was a funeral hearse. I gotta see the whole vehicle.

I'd love to see the classic ambulance in a bad-ass action scene and save the day. Y'know, let it shine in front of a camera, ducking around corners, whizzing through traffic, Ghostbusters hanging out the windows - chasing ghosts. The Ecto-1 never really got a chance to shine. Sucks they removed the Ecto-1 level in Ghostbusters the Video Game.

Oh, Ghostbusters. What a kick-ass concept.

Aykroyd confirmed he's gonna be in the reboot.

http://www.slashfilm...tbusters-cameo/

Also, here are the names of the new Ghostbusters: Abby, Patty, Erin and Jillian.

Abby Yates - McCarthy

Patty Tolan - Jones

Erin Gilbert - Wiig

Jillian Holtzmann - McKinnon

*UPDATE - http://www.idigitaltimes.com/ghostbusters-3-channing-tatum-man-edition-canceled-shared-universe-dies-messy-death-453740

That all-male Ghostbusters film looks like it's not gonna happen. Honestly sounds like they are scrambling to satisfy older fans and appeal to clueless children - and it's falling apart. Just satisfy the fans asking for more - make it the best it can be. Everything has to make Transformers / Avengers money nowadays - ironically, at the expense of the quality of the franchise and the faith of fans keeping these decades old franchises alive.

Starting with Oscar as a Ghostbuster could've knocked out a lot of birds with one stone. Nope. Fans are sick of the same ol' story...kids today aren't familiar with the backstory...Heart-breaking.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna give this movie a chance in the worst way. I'm okay with the cartoony look. An all-female reboot, not a fan of...but I'm still willing to give it a chance.

To me, the female casting is a gimmick. Right on the surface. It's done to maximize the fan base, have everyone wanna buy Ghostbusters merch. It's sad - but that's movies today. I'm gonna give it a shot, I love Ghostbusters that much - but hiding from criticism behind all this feminist crap is totally turning me off. It's a gimmick, not a mission for diversity and equality.

Just because people think this new concept and approach sucks - that doesn't make 'em sexist.

The movie has turned into 'a thing' now, that's starting to smell wrong to me. Starting to feel unnecessarily divisive. People ain't liking what they see - it has nothing to do w hating strong females!

I really hope this movie surprises everyone and everyone ends up screaming for more, but it's not looking likely anymore. "Girl Power! Hear them roar! You hate women!"

ghostbusters_promo1.jpg

1436573990_ghostbusters-zoom.jpg

I wanna give this movie a chance in the worst way. I'm okay with the cartoony look. An all-female reboot, not a fan of...but I'm still willing to give it a chance.

To me, the female casting is a gimmick. Right on the surface. It's done to maximize the fan base, have everyone wanna buy Ghostbusters merch. It's sad - but that's movies today. I'm gonna give it a shot, I love Ghostbusters that much - but hiding from criticism behind all this feminist crap is totally turning me off. It's a gimmick, not a mission for diversity and equality.

Just because people think this new concept and approach sucks - that doesn't make 'em sexist.

The movie has turned into 'a thing' now, that's starting to smell wrong to me. Starting to feel unnecessarily divisive. People ain't liking what they see - it has nothing to do w hating strong females!

I really hope this movie surprises everyone and everyone ends up screaming for more, but it's not looking likely anymore. "Girl Power! Hear them roar! You hate women!"

Is it more of a gimmick than turning Dan Akroyd's spec-script for a really audience-unfriendly horror movie into a megahit by padding the cast out with comedians? I get what you're saying, I understand this viewpoint but I think it's really only a big deal because people are making it a big deal. They padded the cast out with SNL alumni and comedic actors just like last time, the only difference is that instead of four men, we have four women.

Now yeah, they hired Paul Feig, but considering he's the only one who's turned out femme-centric movies that are liked by men as well as women, I think that was a sound decision. I think people are seeing a confrontational statement about this movie where one wasn't necessarily intended (and that's on both sides of the board, those who got all pissy about that other Ghostbusters movie they were talking about a few months ago that had male cast members are just as odious as the misogynists.)

Seriously, we've seen basically nothing about this movie and everyone already has a strong opinion about it. At least wait for a trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cnet.com/...me-a-real-book/

Tobin's Spirit Guide is gonna be an actual book!

I got Ghostbusters the Video Game Prima's official game guide just for the info and 'science' behind the tech. It's all beautifully written as if you're a new recruit. It's like a giant comprehensive Ghostbusters manual. Gives you info on artifacts and ghosts in sections 'pulled' from Tobin's Spirit Guide. It's a fun read.

Looks like this book is gonna cover all the ghosts of Ghostbuster-dom. The Real Ghostbusters had a crapload of original ghosts, only a couple of repeat ghosts, like Samhain. Hope it includes artwork from Everett Peck. Cannot wait for this book!

Cometh06.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/614777-ernie-hudson-to-appear-in-ghostbusters-reboot#/slide/1

Ernie Hudson confirmed to appear in the reboot. Spotted on the set on the last day of shooting.

Ernie-Hudson-acting.jpg

Still wish this thing was a proper sequel w/ cameos...instead of a full-on reboot w/ cameos. Would've made that ending to last movie seem like a glimpse into their future: Passing the torch to the next gen w/ Oscar as the lead. Oh, well. The kids are gonna love the cameos.

il_570xn-457881180_rgob.jpg

I wish Ernie Hudson would make more movies cameo or otherwise.

No doubt, the guy's an underrated actor by a wide margin. Last good thing I saw him in was one of the segments (which was ripping off one of the segments from Tales From the Crypt, the original movie not the HBO series) on Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror.