Hondo's Bar

New X-Men

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New writer - I thought they were shots from Morrison's final story arc...'twas in Wizard - something about the future...I'm holding out for the next trade though. I dunno if I'm gonna pick up these issues....then again, I did say that about "Wolverine: The End"... :D

As for the could it be Cassandra Nova - maybe it's that freaky Akira old-woman looking little girl from Beak's class. She carries the brain too... icon14.gif

Dunno about that Nightcrawler/Beast thang...

Yeah, youre right, that Nightcrawler's massive; i thought he was Beast, too...

Nah, Morrison's out after this last Planet X arc, should finish up by the beginning of next year or so...after that, Morrison's a DC exclusive, some say he left cause Marvel let folks down with the creator-rights thing again, 's a shame...

And you may be right about that chick bein the old lady, but lookit that evil look in her eyes & the outfit; its dead-on from "E is for Extinction", no lie.

• 3 weeks later...

Lil bit of news on the X-front, courtesy Comic Book Resources...

Fans of Chris Claremont's run on "Uncanny X-Men" received some good news today. At a panel held at last weekend's Mid Ohio Con, artist Alan Davis revealed that he would pencilling Marvel Comics' "Uncanny X-Men" and would be joined by writer Chris Claremont for those stories. Elayne Riggs moderated said panel and detailed the story on her blog. She wrote:

"David Mack had laryngitis and couldn't make it, and I knew Alan would be fairly quiet, but not only did Mark Waid rise to the occasion as expected (he's practically a professional panelist by now, and has done his share of quality moderation, so I knew I needn't worry) but so did Pam Bliss and Scott Roberts, all contributing to a great discussion about characterization and constraints. Before the panel started Alan leaned over and whispered, "Ask me what I'll be doing for Marvel." It took me a few beats to realize that this meant he wanted to make an Official Announcement of news that he hadn't previously shared with anyone either publicly or privately. So I was privileged to be the conduit of the Official Announcement that Alan will be pencilling Uncanny X-Men, to be written by Chris Claremont."

Claremont and Davis had previously worked together on a hand full of "Uncanny X-Men" issues as well as co-created the series "Excalibur" for Marvel. No further details were available at press time.

This bit of news was first rumored back in Rich Johnston's Lying In The Gutters for October 27th. Additionally, it was announced in October that Davis had signed an exclusivity agreement with Marvel.

:D Eh...not familiar with Davis' work, but Cleremont, after his X-Men stuff, Wolverine run..the man should be put out to pasture. I dont know why fanboys are still clammoring about his opposition to Origin like he's still relevant - dont get me wrong, i respect his works like Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, even the original Wolvy mini-series, but that was a long time ago, and the last few years i think his stuff has been mildly embarassing.

Doesnt really matter I guess, i dont read Uncanny X-Men either way, nor his book, X-Treme X-Men (is that one over now?). Anyway, im really waitin to find out who fills in for Morrisson after New X-Men becomes...X-Men again, just thought id throw this out in the meantime.

Did ya check out the first part of the future arc in Wizard this month. At first I skipped straight past it - I dunno, Silvestri's art was kinda pissing me off, but finally I said fuck it and read it and - wow - it's good. I'm not gonna write anymore as there's not much t'say that wouldn't be spoileriffic, so mums the word until everyone el....err...IC's read it...

Davis_X-Men.jpg

Let's hope there'll be an X-Babies arc on the way to crap up all that Morrison did.

SPOILER :

Maybe CC'll even resurect Jean for the 900th time.

END O' Da Spoil

I just hope that NXM gets someone worth a damn. Sure, CC did some of the greatest X-Men stories back in the day, but his day is over.

• 2 years later...
Not quite New X-Men, but this is big for me, cause Uncanny's gonna be readable again for the first time since like 1994.

I dropped this book years ago. In fact I haven't bought a core X-men book since the 90's. This I'll give a try.

Not quite New X-Men, but this is big for me, cause Uncanny's gonna be readable again for the first time since like 1994.

I dropped this book years ago. In fact I haven't bought a core X-men book since the 90's. This I'll give a try.

yeah, i hear ya. i hear ya.

NRAMA: And how about Peter Milligan? We have heard he too has a new X-related project of some kind in the works?

JQ: Yes, we're discussing stuff with Pete as well, but all these things are still in the formative stages so you'll have to stay tuned.

NRAMA: Okay, now, just to take care of some anticipated unfinished business... Some readers were expecting you to reveal the line-up to Ed Brubaker's Uncanny X-Men last week. Can you explain what happened?

Joe Quesada: The truth of the matter is that I completely forgot (sorry folks it happens) and you guys didn't remind me! There was nothing deeper to it than that, we talked about a lot of things and I honestly just forgot about it.

That said, Lil' Eddie Brubaker wanted to be the one to reveal the team, and he did send over this piece of sweet Billy Tan artwork. Looks like the first cover to Ed's Uncanny run to me. Not like it gives anything away or anything like that...

So anyways, without further or due, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ed..!

Ed Brubaker: What? I have to tell them now? But Joe... you said we could wait until the color piece was ready? I mean, yeah the pencils look amazing, but...

Okay, I'll tell them some of the line-up. I'm waiting for the full line-up until the color piece is done.

The Uncanny X-Men will be: Professor X (well, he'll be in the comic eventually), Nightcrawler, Marvel Girl, Havok, and Warpath. And a few other characters that I'm just not naming yet. And all of them have very good reasons to be in this story, really, even Warpath. Who you are all going to love, actually.

And look at those pencils by Billy Tan... See why I chose him? He's great.

promo.jpg

• 6 years later...

Whatabout ALL New X-Men?

Anyone else reading this? My love for X-Men clouds my judgment, so I can't honestly recommend it, because I have a hard time telling when something is good. I notice when something is really BAD though, and this isn't really bad. So there's that.

Anyway, I came to see what the Cat-Beast haters (and lovers) think of the new Beast.

EUCashm.jpg

I dunno what to call him. Yeti beast?

While looking for some pics of Amphibian Beast, I found this article, which pretty much does what I was about to do except funnier.

So that brings us up-to-date with Hank McCoy's latest mutation. Bigger, burlier, with wet-look hair that really brings out the pointy teeth and pointier ears. Will the fans who hated the feline look be grateful for Hank's new Mr Hyde-meets-Hulk-meets-Caliban appearance?

Sure. Fans are super flexible about this stuff.

tovYHJL.jpg

• 7 months later...