Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well while all of yes are dancing about with your fancy X-Station 360s and whatnot I'm still cranking PS2 games. (Mostly cause I'm stuck on Super Paper Mario, Nights is maddeningly hard, and I have not yet collected enough gumption to give a fuck about Legend of Zelda)

So I popped in Echo Night: The Beyond last night which plays more than just a little bit like a first person Silent Hill. While the ghosts aren't all Fatal Frame scary, they don't need to be. I was chased by a phantom janitor who scared the living bejeezus out of me despite the fact that he was well... a janitor. Anyhow I died and decided not to bother with it for a while.

Popped in Haunting Ground and found that Capcom still fucking loves their set camera angles. Admittedly they're far from Resident Evil bad, but when I'm supposed to be looking around a room it's rather hard to do with a wonky bird's eye view that allows me to see very little.

I finished The Godfather which I found surprisingly good, I just imagined I was playing Mafia 2 (which is pretty much what it is) and enjoyed myself thoroughly, especially after I saved up enough cash to buy the Street Sweeper :)

And finally I started on Scarface: The World is yours, it's okay so far but just like Grand Theft Auto Vice City it's overly meh for me. I do find it slightly strange that I feel compelled to drive recklessly just because I'm playing as Tony Montana.

Well while all of yes are dancing about with your fancy X-Station 360s and whatnot I'm still cranking PS2 games. (Mostly cause I'm stuck on Super Paper Mario, Nights is maddeningly hard, and I have not yet collected enough gumption to give a fuck about Legend of Zelda)

So I popped in Echo Night: The Beyond last night which plays more than just a little bit like a first person Silent Hill. While the ghosts aren't all Fatal Frame scary, they don't need to be. I was chased by a phantom janitor who scared the living bejeezus out of me despite the fact that he was well... a janitor. Anyhow I died and decided not to bother with it for a while.

Popped in Haunting Ground and found that Capcom still fucking loves their set camera angles. Admittedly they're far from Resident Evil bad, but when I'm supposed to be looking around a room it's rather hard to do with a wonky bird's eye view that allows me to see very little.

I finished The Godfather which I found surprisingly good, I just imagined I was playing Mafia 2 (which is pretty much what it is) and enjoyed myself thoroughly, especially after I saved up enough cash to buy the Street Sweeper :)

And finally I started on Scarface: The World is yours, it's okay so far but just like Grand Theft Auto Vice City it's overly meh for me. I do find it slightly strange that I feel compelled to drive recklessly just because I'm playing as Tony Montana.

I still gotta finish paper mario at some point, kudos for finishing Godfather though, I still feel like any sandbox game doesn't include racketeering is sorely lacking.

I still gotta finish paper mario at some point, kudos for finishing Godfather though, I still feel like any sandbox game doesn't include racketeering is sorely lacking.

Really it's no wonder the Corleone family took so long to take over New York since they apparently only had one guy in suspenders with a thompson machine gun doing the whole thing for them.

Yeah but at least in my case, guy was a fucking fiend. Random acts of Sociopathy on gentle shopkeeps really came before the Family. The only downside is the better you get the quicker they role over. :(

Once I got the Street Sweeper the police, the mafia, the army, John Rambo, John McClane, Snake Plisskin, and Dirty Harry couldn't have stopped me. I stopped paying off the police in favor of epic gunfights with exploding cars and long carchases. Before that on the other hand, taking a warehouse was not unlike taking a stroll into fort knox to appraise some gold bars armed with only a bendy straw and a paper clip.

• 4 weeks later...

hey man, i dunno how sharp your friends are, but explaining HDMI, 1080p vs i, etc is tricky. its doable though; i tried running that shit by my mom and i might as well have been making faces out of my feces on the shower curtain and playing pictionary with them.

and hooking up either an xbox or a ps3 on standard cables - if yovue got a decent tv of any kind - is cringeworthy.

FInished PA ep1 on Xmas eve, gotta hurry up and buy ep2. These guys have more money than any hardcore gamers with kids should goddamnit, but when they lament on the site that ep2 didn't do as well as ep1 due to releasing it in the face of a collosal release schedule, I get sympathetic

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned HoTD Overkill for the Wii a while ago, started a thread that got no love whatsoever, so i said 'fuck these guys' and started this thread instead.

Here's why your black fucking hearts should start to care

That and go find the kick-arse preview video i posted in said thread. ZOmbies, this late in the day, have finally gotten interesting.

sir, where is this alleged thread of yours? mind you, the ads for the game caught my eye (tell me the irony of sega making about the only interesting games for the wii lately isnt thick), but some of us have blacker hearts and are simply waiting for a solid ISO loader to play more wii games.

You either have retarded and/or gullible friends(what other explanation to be persuaded into buying a console double the price of it's contemporaries with little to no difference and another who needs help setting one up?).

Not the same retarded one who wasted money on buy and importing a 2nd 360 only to get the rrod soon after getting it for that one game.

Just so you know that the guy who did buy the PS3 was somebody who asked me a question at a bestbuy.

• 2 weeks later...