Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

Picked up Burnout Paradise for 20 bucks. As soon as a i popped it in it had tons of updates, also if you have the xboxlive camera your mugshot shows up when you crash (or get totalled by another player). it's been tons of fun playing online, the next DLC is supposed to be a new map as well as more cars to get yourself killed in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo wars, being an RTS made from the ground up for the 360 & not just a weak sister port from PC to 360, is actually pretty good. Not spectacular, and don't ask me to defend it to Baytor as I'll inevitably have to, but it's okay. Considering it's a free copy it certainly passes expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

Peggle Deluxe on XBLA.

It's a drug, I'm addicted.

For those not familiar, Peggle basically plays like a cross between Arkanoid and pachinko. You aim your shot and watch it bounce off the pegs, the ones you hit disappear. Certain blocks will trigger the special ability of your chosen character. That's it.

It's deceptively simple and totally the bees knees.

Peggle Deluxe on XBLA.

It's a drug, I'm addicted.

For those not familiar, Peggle basically plays like a cross between Arkanoid and pachinko. You aim your shot and watch it bounce off the pegs, the ones you hit disappear. Certain blocks will trigger the special ability of your chosen character. That's it.

It's deceptively simple and totally the bees knees.

Peggle is a great casual game and a must buy if you don't already have it. I even got it off steam a while back and got the XBL version the other day. The XBL version actually has more precise aiming.

Madworld is another game Wii owners should check out. It's hilarious, fun and controls are good.

yo any retro gamers in hondoz??? i used to play arcade games.. A LOT @_@... but arcadez are like an archaic pastime... are there any in iexistance in FL? (im talkin like marvel vs capcom, tekken stuff etc... not super pretty stuff like house of the dead or time crisis in a DnB o_O)

ps i miss beatem upz like this.. even tho its the only 1 of its kind lol.. feelin mad nostalgic here if u havent noticed x_X

Played the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Dark Athena demo and this game seems to be rather chock full of win. Escape From Butcher Bay was a shockingly well made game and this one is more of the same.

First time through I went in guns a-blazin'. It went well, then I remembered I was playing a Riddick game. 2nd time I stuck to the shadows and shot out lights, using eyeshine to stealth kill unsuspecting morons. It was much more satisfying.

If there is one fatal flaw in this game (besides starring Vin Diesel), it's the laughably idiotic enemy A.I., I was able to stealth kill a trio of guards standing less than 3 ft from one another.

Or maybe they're supposed to be retarded, they are engineered "Drones" after all. Maybe normal human enemies have at least a shred of self-preservation. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

...im assuming you wisely passed on that pitch black sequel. :)

still, i remember some hondonians loving the shit out of Chronicles of Riddick for xbox, shitty to hear the remake might not be going well. also, i somehow missed the rap boys beat-em-up in the day, hah.

back to No More Heroes, a game baytor should be in love with.

...im assuming you wisely passed on that pitch black sequel. :)

still, i remember some hondonians loving the shit out of Chronicles of Riddick for xbox, shitty to hear the remake might not be going well. also, i somehow missed the rap boys beat-em-up in the day, hah.

back to No More Heroes, a game baytor should be in love with.

I did see it, and while there was a whole lot wrong with that movie, Diesel wasn't the problem. (The problem was named Karl Urban)

I do wish to play No More Heroes, alas it are 'aspensive.

Edited by Iambaytor

Dragoon looked on the demo, i remember it not going well as a game for the little i played. i recently went on a PS1 binge and found Chrono Cross and a few others didnt hold up well over time, either. Xenogears, however, is still beautiful.

Chrono Cross didn't hold up AT the time. I can just see Squaresoft's press release "We're going to make a sequel to a game about time travel with the word "Chrono" in the title but it will have NOTHING to do with time travel. Fortunately the new secret ending to the DS Chrono Trigger makes Chrono Cross even more superfluos.

Man, Dragoon was a game I played minimally, but I literally lost two of my friends for like 3 months playing that thing to death. What I saw I dug a lot.

You have some shitty taste.

That was one of the few games I never beat due to the fact that is wasn't well made.

I remember being painfully disappointed with Legend of Dragoon. After I got past all the glitz and glam it wasn't really that fun for me so much as tedious. I think a lot of it had to do with my expectations. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but prior to its release all the gaming mags were cumming all over it, labeling it the FFVII killer. That's pretty much a death sentence right there. I skipped school the day it came out expecting to have my fucking mind blown.

Not so much.

What's with all the hate for Chrono Cross? It was great RPG, different as hell from anything out there, and had one of the best soundtracks of all time. It also had some of the best dungeons ever in an RPG, a great story, and did I mention the soundtrack? As a sequel to Chrono Trigger it didn't quite work, a bit too different in art direction and gameplay, but it was one of the best RPGs of the time, and is still pretty good.

Of course playing ANY PS1 non sprite game on a big HDTV is going to look like ass. That's why I love my psp.

The soundtrack is very epic, I burned that and I never actually got around to playing the game. I loved me some Chrono Trigger, deeply. I just didn't want to tarnish the memories with what I heard was a disappointing sequel. Now I'm thinking maybe I missed out.

I might just forget that it has the word "Chrono" in the title and snag it sometime.