Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

What's with all the hate for Chrono Cross? It was great RPG, different as hell from anything out there, and had one of the best soundtracks of all time. It also had some of the best dungeons ever in an RPG, a great story, and did I mention the soundtrack? As a sequel to Chrono Trigger it didn't quite work, a bit too different in art direction and gameplay, but it was one of the best RPGs of the time, and is still pretty good.

Of course playing ANY PS1 non sprite game on a big HDTV is going to look like ass. That's why I love my psp.

I don't know, they lost me when they followed a game with 7 vastly interesting and fleshed out main characters by coming up with a bunch of seemingly random characters, most of which were horribly generic and flung them at you but you could only get some not all. What were there like 50 playable characters? And only maybe 10 of them were worth a shit. Not to mention the game is called CHRONO Cross and has nothing to do with time, time travel, or even clocks. Fucka Chrono Cross.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragoon looked on the demo, i remember it not going well as a game for the little i played. i recently went on a PS1 binge and found Chrono Cross and a few others didnt hold up well over time, either. Xenogears, however, is still beautiful.
Xenogears was my second favorite game of all time behind ff7 until I went back and replayed it. Now though it just seems kinda linear and shallow to me. It's still a good game but I was suprised by how "standard" it is now that I have played many many more rpgs.
I don't know, they lost me when they followed a game with 7 vastly interesting and fleshed out main characters by coming up with a bunch of seemingly random characters, most of which were horribly generic and flung them at you but you could only get some not all. What were there like 50 playable characters? And only maybe 10 of them were worth a shit. Not to mention the game is called CHRONO Cross and has nothing to do with time, time travel, or even clocks. Fucka Chrono Cross.
I gotta say I didn't like the battle system in CCross. That's what killed the game for me, and I have never put in more than a few hours with it.

I hate you all for having the ability to play Xenogears right now. Seriously have you seen what that shit is going for now, it's like 7 mortgage payments when the economy was good. Dammit I want to fight giant rats as a robot, a slightly larger robot, and a 12 story energizer bunny, dammit!

Sony's brilliant PlayStation 2 game Shadow of the Colossus is becoming grist for the Hollywood blockbuster mill, in what appears to not, unfortunately, be a horrible, horrible joke. Might want to pour a stiff drink.

According to the Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog, Sony Pictures will be tackling Shadow of the Colossus for a movie adaptation with producer Kevin Misher, responsible for films such as The Scorpion King and The Interpreter, as well as the upcoming fighting movie Fighting. Now here's where it gets... rough. Got that drink yet?

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells.

No planned release date for the film, but hopefully we'll all be dead from a nuclear holocaust or black plague by that point.

:pinch:

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells.

I can see it now:

Narrator: Wander was a loose cannon... on the edge.

girl_passed_out_on_table.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Wander: My bitch be dead!

GrailKnight.jpg

girl_passed_out_on_table.jpg

250px-Knight.jpg

High Priest Guy: Yeah man... bitch is dead.

nick-cannon-shirtless.jpg

Wander: I know, I roll up on my hiz-orse and revive here ass with ancient magic from the forbidden valley.

6a00e00992952488330112794877c428a4-.jpg

Wander: Aggro, you horse-ass bitch, roll on up in here!

1014252_3d1c_625x1000.jpg

Aggro: Neighhhhh, nigga!

NickCannon_DOD.jpg

Wander: I'm gonna go kill me the 12 Collussuseses, uh Collusu..., colustrum... I'ma cap me some big mothafuckas and bring my bitch back!

GrailKnight.jpg

High Priest Guy: Oh, that's cool

250px-Knight.jpg

High Priest Guy: Wait... what?!

<Later>

fat-chick.jpg

Colossus: GRAR!

Nick_Cannon_2.jpg

*Defeated*

250px-Knight.jpg

High Priest Guy:Nigga, what the fuck did you just do?! You just perpetrated some series evil up in dis bitch.

Rosie_ODonnell_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Super Evil Ultra Colossus:I'm free, bitches!

GrailKnight.jpg

High Priest Guy:You see what you did? What you got to say for yourself?

1nickcannon451.jpg

THE END!

Now, I believe someone owes me a check, I wrote the fucking movie for them.

Edited by Iambaytor

my heart wants to :pinch: this, but not only has ASC hijacked them, and frankly, i dont want to contribute to the internet hating us when this goes down scene-for-scene.

Jax wanted Nick Cannon to be in more movies, I'm just showing him what a nightmarish hell dimension that would be.

• 2 weeks later...
...where'd that come from? also, the first game was good, it went downhill after that, just to save you a few hundred hours. Xenogears (PS1) was better than all 3 combined.

Bull shit

Part 3 was great and you know it

And your right about xenosaga being better then all three.

• 4 weeks later...