Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

Having clocked Ghostbusters(never has a game's cutscenes had me more compelled than gameplay) and traded it back for red Faction, I'm in destruction-heaven. RF is fucking crazy-fun and I heartily endorse it to anything/one with a penis and also any cool vaginas out there who like to see shit explode with a big hammer.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having clocked Ghostbusters(never has a game's cutscenes had me more compelled than gameplay) and traded it back for red Faction, I'm in destruction-heaven. RF is fucking crazy-fun and I heartily endorse it to anything/one with a penis and also any cool vaginas out there who like to see shit explode with a big hammer.

Told you so.

no, that was me, again mistaking your pulsating cock for your uh, pulse.

i think what im going to do when the bioshock 2 demo comes out on the same day as The Ponies of Bella Sara 2, im just gonna recommend the shit out of the latter and see what happens.

also, MH: :blink: !

every time you tell me you dont understand what im saying, i start to rethink my definition of irony.

i was talking about how i was the one who said go with Ghostbusters, and id really enjoyed that shit. you made it seem as fun as getting your dick caught in a closing door, and are instead on, i dont know, destructible environments or something. i was simply lamenting abyss that is my understanding of your tastes sometimes...i mean, really, after Deadly Genesis, we're clearly just growing apart

Deadly Genesis and big nipples

Right. I just get distracted whenever you start talking cock. GHostbusters really coulda used more ghostbusting instead of shitty generic shooting, is my main point of that game, and as it turns out, Red Faction is about the most fun a group of people can have with a controller.

im so grateful there's men who dont appreciate big nips, it leaves me with the lion's share. and im afraid history makes a liar of you: the most fun a group of people can have with a controller was had in 1994, with General Chaos.

While wishing to speak with anonymity to protect their relationship with Microsoft, several local developers have told Screen Play that Microsoft has dramatically reduced the number of independently-developed games it will publish on the Xbox Live Arcade service.

Digital download services like Arcade do not have the limitations of traditional retail distribution like limited shelf space, but it is believed that Microsoft is tightening up the service because of concerns there is too much content available, with one local developer accusing Microsoft of "buckling to pressure" from major third-party publishers.

Screen Play has been told there are now just 35 "slots" a year for independent games on Xbox Live Arcade, but local developers estimate there would be hundreds of titles in development around the world, so many frustrated independent studios will be unable to release their games on the popular service.

Well that's just fucked all around. On the matter of digital distribution though, while the PSN store is a thousand times faster then the XBL service(although this has yet to be tested against my new internet service), there's nothing there, like ever. In the month I've had my PS3 there's been like, a couple arcade games and a demo for Ghostbusters. XBLA probably has a whoel new library of shit for me to look through by the time I get back onto it.

newt - that sucks, but to be honest, since XNA or whatever finally geared up (not sure if this went full blast while you still had an xbox, but i think its been there since the last firmware w/avatars), arcade added a community section that's got a shit-ton of indie games. ive yet to play even one, to be honest, and most look generic enough where id need to hear a recommendation to give em a go, less for drive space and more for time gaming.

skeet - the AU store, like the UK PSN store, is notably barren. i cant suggest enough you hijack my/some other american's address and make another account on your PS3 for a US account. japan's even better if you can sort through it, but we get solid support these days - same demos and songs as XBL, same week as well. obviously its only PSP or exclusive demos you'll really wanna give a go most times, but PS1 classics aside, i must give it up to the US PSN for getting its ass in gear and being good on the content. for instance, if your gold lapses on XBL, you can still grab new demos off there as an alternate.

Yeah I set up a US account with the handle 'Imperial_JZA', I duck in every now and again but haven't gotten too commited because 1) still need to sort out a bigger harddrive for my PS3(still rocking the 40) and 2) I don't know yet if the US account will give me the same grief as my XBL account, in that it won't accept an aussie CC for a US account.

I'll have to preorder and threaten stabbage to the neck & head if they let it go, otherwise if it's too unreasonable I'll just buy it off an online store in the States, or buy one there and have it shipped back. I can guarantee you it''' be low quality- ebay's listings for genuine NV goggles exceed $800-900

...exactly. which is why i cant see these being good....i dunno, i held out for a review of the MGS bluetooth piece, and i was glad i did. mind you, if i was actually gonna buy this game itself, itd not be such a risk, i guess.