Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadism must obtain itself in the nine year old's mind, for mine has turn vampire and killed every adult in whatever the river city isnamed in Skyrim. Now, he feels bad and gives the orphans his gold (aww he feels BAD, my son can taketh, but he can giveth, he cries for the orphans!!!) ALL OF IT, the treasures he earns, he is stuck in perpetual giving for the sake of the "coolness of bieng a vampire" but he stills expects mommy to bail his ass out. not gonna happen. kill a dragon and sell that shit bitch. and now he asks me, 'what is this red flashing on my screen??": I say, " that's your dues my son, for choosing the life that only feeds!!!!"

I would imagine it being a bit different with a game like Fable. This gives me a legitimate reason to go back to both games and try it. RDR sounds like it'd be especially fun to try it out on. GPS didn't exist back then!

I would imagine it being a bit different with a game like Fable.

Only very slightly. Your eyes are still glued to the minimap all the time in Fable, looking for enemies and treasure and shit.

You ever play those games? The first two are excellent. I hear there's a $99 360 bundle incoming.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that. It's only if you commit to 2 years of gold service, but still a hell of a deal it sounds like. Budget's still pretty tight at the moment, but maybe by the end of the summer something more solid will pan out. Definitely gonna pick up the Fable games if I get my hands on a 360 though (heard 3 was a huge disappointment however)

Yeah, 3 is a sack of shit. I can't even tell you why exactly. I'm a huge Fable fan, played the first two inside and out in every conceivable combination of traits/characters dozens of times over.

I finished the main story in 3, went "Ehhh" and haven't touched it since.

Star Fox/Metroid Team up rumored!!!

It reads like fan fiction and the rumor's original reporter—who uncovered PlayStation All-Stars six months before it was announced—concedes that nothing about it is confirmed. But Retro Studios is said to be working on, or at least to have considered, Star Fox-Metroid Fusion Saga, a mashup of third-person action gameplay with aerial/space combat.

Paul Gale Network revealed Sony's work on a Smash Bros.-esque fighting game back in November, which has since been confirmed along the lines it was originally described. But in that story, the publication had a mobile phone picture of a screen at the time. Paul Gale Network concedes it has no secondary proof of this concept and admits this may have been discarded long ago, back when Retro was pitching ideas and Nintendo was looking to send the studio a new project.

Kotaku reached out to a Nintendo of America representative this morning and was told that the company, per longstanding policy, does not comment on rumor or speculation.

The concept involves controlling both characters in their familiar gameplay environments, with moments of switched roles; Samus' ship would be pilotable like Fox McCloud's; McCloud would be a character in a third-person sequence. A very detailed description is at the link. If it's on the level or bogus, I suppose we'll find out at E3 in a couple of weeks.