Ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Ora pro nobis

Ora, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Nunc et in hora mortis

Et in hora mortis nostrae

Ave Maria

I beat this game last night. One of the best I ever played. Barnone.

Speaking again on the backwards compatibility for the 360 Peter moore decided to clear things up:

June 12, 2006 - Over the weekend Microsoft VP Peter Moore was interviewed on Major Nelson's Podcast in which he apologized for the previous misunderstanding regarding his views on making original Xbox titles playable on Xbox 360 and announced games that would be available with next week's backward compatibility update.

The comment that caused so much "trauma" was: "Nobody is concerned anymore about backwards compatibility. We under-promised and over-delivered on that." Moore said during the podcast that "'concerned' was misinterpreted as 'cared.'" He went on to apologize "for all the trauma I caused to gamers."

Semantic debate aside, he offered, "It's quite simply not that we don't care about backward compat[ibility]. Boy, do we care about backward compat[ibility]." He went on to reassure fans by saying, "We're going to get darn close to that stated goal of every title done."

In a clear effort to satiate agitated gamers Moore then revealed that next week's anticipated backward compatibility update will feature 20 new titles, not just the 12 previously announced. He also revealed two titles that many have been hungry to play on X360 -- first-person shooter Doom 3 and stellar action game Lego Star Wars -- will be available with this update.

Apology accepted.

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer," Thompson told the paper.

I... just... how in the hell do people believe someone who says things that asinine? I thought Jack had more or less been blacklisted after he lost his license to practice law and tried to sue Penny Arcade for donating money to charity in his name.

WTF

Remember when the Xbox 360 was on the verge of release and the only way to guarantee yourself one was to shell out $600 or more on a bundle that included games and little extras you didn't really want? And don't forget the $4000 bundle that included a plasma HDTV unit. Well, the PS3 bundles are on their way with the first one reported coming out of the UK.

Play.com is selling the system, a 60GB hard drive, and three games for 549 British pounds, or roughly $1016 US. You read that right - $1000. The three games they plan to include are Warhammer, Formula One 06, and SingStar.

Keep in mind, however, that consoles and games are generally more expensive across the pond than here in the States. And jumping on this deal might not be so smart since Play.com can't guarantee that you'll see your ordered items before Christmas. Caveat emptor indeed.

In an unprecedented move, top Microsoft executive Peter Moore tells Yahoo News and Reuters that PS3 is over-priced at $500 and $600, and that consumers are going to choose the Xbox 360 and Wii. Is buddying up with Nintendo a smart strategy for Microsoft?

In a stunning interview released minutes ago, top Xbox executive Peter Moore told Yahoo News that "people are going to buy two [game systems]....an [Xbox 360] and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

But it doesn't end there -- Microsoft seems to be actively promoting Nintendo's efforts with the lower-priced Wii system. Moore told Reuters that "people will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid."

This is beyond a backhanded compliment or a kind word -- it's an active endorsement of Nintendo and the Wii. Microsoft seems to be allying with Nintendo in an effort to take down Sony's PlayStation behemoth. Will they be successful? Will the informal alliance between Microsoft and Nintendo progress to a new, higher level?

If you compared the specs with the XBox 360 with the hd-dvd drive add-on and with or without a 60gb hard drive you will come to the conclusion that the xbox360 is either the same price as the ps3 or even more. Plus those who could shell out at least $400 bucks or more on ebay for an Xbox 360 should be able to get a PS3 but Nintendo would do well to stay out of this 'fued' with MS and Sony. Nintendo could get a bad reputation if it were to align itself with MS for the sole purpose of taking Sony down, which is what it sounds like MS wants. Nintendo should just back away and do its own thing.

Eh, it could go either way...american-crowd wise, Nintendo's console sales have been in a declining slump since the N64. Doesnt matter that their games are fun as fuck, doesnt matter how many Eternal Darknesses and Resident Evils they get, most folks i come across (local and online) cant get past the idea they think its a kiddie system. Theyre interested in a few games, but most people dont want to have 3 sytems, so they leave Nintendo out.

This go at it, Nintendo's shooting for 2 angles: 1) cheap, and 2) innovative and fun. I applaud their attempts here on the later, and hope to support them for such: bishop's made the point a few times, bue if all systems are roughly the same strenght, with the same licenses, its all about exlusives and what you got that the next guy dont, and if this innovative control scheme works out for them, i think they got a great angle, and i hope to god it catches on, cause i couldnt take a world where both sega and nintendo drop out of the hardware business, but its a possibility, you know?

So, if allying to edge in on sony's insane market control and perhaps improve their image somehow does any of that (not sure how) id be happy to see it, personally. Every projection id read a while back showed a lot of room for both MS and nintendo to gain ground this turn, so i hope they try everything they can to close the gap. If these 2 playing ball gives the mainstream a better, less kiddie image of Nintendo, id be happy to see it.

If you compared the specs with the XBox 360 with the hd-dvd drive add-on and with or without a 60gb hard drive you will come to the conclusion that the xbox360 is either the same price as the ps3 or even more. Plus those who could shell out at least $400 bucks or more on ebay for an Xbox 360 should be able to get a PS3 but Nintendo would do well to stay out of this 'fued' with MS and Sony. Nintendo could get a bad reputation if it were to align itself with MS for the sole purpose of taking Sony down, which is what it sounds like MS wants. Nintendo should just back away and do its own thing.

Well, that of course assumes that people WANT an HD-DVD player. WIth hte PS3 you pay for one whether or not you need or want one. This isn't like when the PS2 came out and DVD was entering the mainstream. Blu-ray isn't even out yet if I recall, and while there has been a fair amount of hype, I don't see it helping the sales of the PS3 at all.

That's the PS3s problem, its percieved value. The system's primary purpose is to play games, in order to do that in any way shape or form you need to sink $500 minimum, plus games into the system. With a 360 the starting price is $300 plus games, and with the Wii it will likely be even less. I don't think people are going to care that the PS3 has an integrated auto-fellater, not at those prices.

• 3 weeks later...

This is for Doj

Half-Life 2 on PS3

I always thought it was odd that Valve decided to release Half-Life 2 on the original Xbox at the tail end of its lifespan. First, the port they turned out wasn't exactly spectacular, and second, the game itself just seemed primed for a next-gen console in the first place. Well, now Valve is making good on that potential--last week the developer announced that the upcoming episodic installment HL2: Episode Two will be hitting the PlayStation 3, and amazingly it'll contain all the back content with the Half-Life 2 name on it. That's the original game, Episode One, Counter-Strike: Source, and even the new project Portal and the resurrected project Team Fortress 2. That's an awful lot of material to chew on, and it's great to see Valve on board with the next-gen consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

The PS3: pricier to make than ever

Sony has admitted that rising microchip prices are boosting its PS3 manufacturing costs, which could mean that the company's games division will lose more in the current quarter than it did last quarter, Sony's senior vice president, Takao Yuhara, told reporters in Japan. Sony is currently stocking up on chips as it begins to manufacture PS3 units.

Yuhara also told reporters that Sony expects to pay off its PS3-related costs within five years of the console's launch, just as it did with the PlayStation 2.

Last quarter, Sony's games division lost roughly $230 million.

Yeah, even at $599 Sony is going to be losing a fuckwad on each system sold.

1) Trauma Center: Second Opinion will be a Wii launch title in North America.

2) Trauma Center: Second Opinion is NOT a quick-and-dirty port! It has new graphics and animation; new surgical implements and operation types; a second playable character with new missions; multiple difficulty modes; and a revised control system that takes full advantage of the Wii Remote. It's a remake (or "Wii-make," if you prefer) with gobs of added content.

3) The Famitsu article didn't discuss all of the new gameplay elements in Second Opinion; more will be revealed in the months leading up to launch.

4) As with Under the Knife, the voice acting in Second Opinion is presented in the operation scenes to enhance the drama and punctuate the action--though it should be noted there's a lot more of it in S.O. than in UtK.

And half life 2 is also coming to the 360 at the same time. The games should be coming out around the same time as Episode 2 of the PC version.