Hondo's Bar

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

The NZA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive read there's areas but nothing that struck me as to warrant another purchase, so far. there's talk of "challenge room" DLC forthcoming, ill have to see what that entails before saying though.

on a side note, i really want a platinum trophy (think of a master achievement for having gotten all others in a game), and since i wont have enough time this week with Dead Space to get one before having to take it back, i toyed with the idea of getting it on ps3's bioshock, but really, the idea of running 2x more through it makes me fear ill lose love for it. Brass Balls was all i had left in me on that front.

True that. Some DLC'd really be great, but I always woulda loved to see this online(Prey ran on the exact same engine in combat & display, but was buggy as hell online).True that. Some DLC'd really be great, but I always woulda loved to see this online(Prey ran on the exact same engine in combat & display, but was buggy as hell online).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Cyberpunk is soooo 1999 :FHD:

Hmm let's see....an FPS in which you upgrade various stats and abilities, make your own weapons from components you find around, researching that affects how you battle enemies, an inventory system that forces you to make choices on what you keep or discard, a maniacal evil artificial intelligence that at times helps you and at times hinders you, humans that have been turned into mutants, robots that wander around waiting to kill you or any other being it comes across, hacking, sneaking....sound like any other game you might have recently played? Maybe one involving the DC area? lol I get you are being sarcastic but hell all they would have to do is make a Fallout 3 mod where youre on a big ass space ship instead of being in a city, call it System Shock 3 and make a ton money off it.

Hmm let's see....an FPS in which you upgrade various stats and abilities, make your own weapons from components you find around, researching that affects how you battle enemies, an inventory system that forces you to make choices on what you keep or discard, a maniacal evil artificial intelligence that at times helps you and at times hinders you, humans that have been turned into mutants, robots that wander around waiting to kill you or any other being it comes across, hacking, sneaking....sound like any other game you might have recently played? Maybe one involving the DC area? lol I get you are being sarcastic but hell all they would have to do is make a Fallout 3 mod where youre on a big ass space ship instead of being in a city, call it System Shock 3 and make a ton money off it.

Well then you've already gotten your cake. If you like, then just burn some Shodan lines onto a CD, turn off the sound and listen to the CD whilst playing Fallout 3 with the lights off. The simple fact is that Looking Glass studious is dead, they've all migrated over to whatever company is making Bioshock now. If they did make a System Shock 3 it would be with a whole different company and it would probably suck a great deal as most sequels developed by different teams (Dungeon Keeper 2 anyone?) tend to do.

If they did make a System Shock 3 it would be with a whole different company and it would probably suck a great deal as most sequels developed by different teams (Dungeon Keeper 2 anyone?) tend to do.

It's all a matter of passion. It seems kinda silly to say this directly responding to a reference to Fallout 3. That licence was deader than dead and the Bethesda team brought it back with a vengeance. I'd love to see System Shock invigorated in the same way.

I understand it's an exception, and you're right; most sequels by different developers do suck. But these guys wouldn't do a half-assed job. I'm with Mort on this one.

QUOTE(Mortiis558 @ Mar 7 2009, 07:13 PM) *

They need to make fucking System Shock 3 already.....hopefully after they've exhausted all Bioshock has to offer they will do a proper sequel.

If you like, then just burn some Shodan lines onto a CD, turn off the sound and listen to the CD whilst playing Fallout 3 with the lights off.

Well there's a reason to learn how to mod with G.E.C.K.! SS3 here I come! I even have a tape with some samples of SS2 still lying around somewhere. I was gonna sample it for music I was making at the time.

Well there's a reason to learn how to mod with G.E.C.K.! SS3 here I come! I even have a tape with some samples of SS2 still lying around somewhere. I was gonna sample it for music I was making at the time.

Sweet Jesus, I can't wait until I get my new computer. This is exactly the kinda thing I have a blast doing (I spent an entire summer faithfully recreating my mom's house for Duke Nukem 3D with Ken Silverman's BUILD engine, hours spent measuring and flipping light switches on and off to see where the shadows fell).

I'm so fucking excited, we should totally collaborate on something fantastically cool.

Sweet Jesus, I can't wait until I get my new computer. This is exactly the kinda thing I have a blast doing (I spent an entire summer faithfully recreating my mom's house for Duke Nukem 3D with Ken Silverman's BUILD engine, hours spent measuring and flipping light switches on and off to see where the shadows fell).

I'm so fucking excited, we should totally collaborate on something fantastically cool.

Sure, it would give me a reason to blow a bunch of money on badass sound equipment I couldn't otherwise justify. Guess I should brush up on programing and scripting...NWN was too long ago.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived