Hondo's Bar

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

The NZA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

i never played Prey's multi, did that go well? and the people who wanted bioshock multi can take turns sucking my elitist dick; there's room for one damn "thinking man's shooter" with a great, isolating environment that doesnt lend itself to 14-year old headshot clans.

SOmeone's clearly been burnt playing COD4... Regarding Prey: terrible, terrible multiplayer. Only reason I brought it up is because the game plays on pretty much the exact build of Bioshock, and also had multi so thought it was worth mentioning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
500x_bioshock_2_special_edition.jpg

BioShock fans ought dust off the ol' phonograph for the release of BioShock 2's special edition package, a gorgeous collection of unnecessary goodies that is music to the ears and a feast for the eyes. And at $99.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, $89.99 for Games for Windows LIVE, it's no small dent in the wallet. But the lovely package you see above comes with all these wonderful things. Even a copy of BioShock 2 itself, if you can believe it!

• BioShock 2
  • Vinyl 180g LP featuring the orchestral score from the original BioShock
  • CD containing the BioShock 2 orchestral score
  • A 164 page 8"x11" hardbound artbook chock full of developer commentary
  • Three posters featuring vintage ads from Rapture (rolled)

It will ship the same day—February 9, 2010—as the common version of BioShock 2. And 2K Games' Cult of Rapture site says the package is "limited to a single production run" if that lights a fire under your preordering habit.

goddamn, i might actually have to buy another LE this gen. that's pretty.

• 1 month later...

i dont know if anyone's keeping up with this one - its not far off, and im still slightly on the fence about some of it, looking forward to reviews...what i understand is that it might just be a full-on sequel and less the prequel originally planned? Im not even sure.

Kotaku's got some early impressions, though, ending with:

I started playing BioShock 2 worried that the inspired execution of the first BioShock would consign a sequel to being a pale imitation. It seems, though, that I had underestimated the room for technical improvement and gameplay refinement. I see little sign of re-invention and a lot of signs of love and polish. That love could smother, that fealty to the past could still render this game as superfluous. But in the early going, I am happily immersed in Rapture again, joyfully mystified as to what its inhabitants are up to, pleased with the way it plays and wanting to play more.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/2KGames#p/u/0/QGMzkNApMUI

Bioshock 2 launch trailer, discuss.

I was late into the Bioshock craze but once I got my hands on it, it was game over for me. I played the hell out of it and I fell in love like cupid shoved an arrow up my ass while I was staring at a Big Daddy. For months i've been working on the "somethingunderthesea.com" puzzles and hitting the forums trying to piece together what's happening to rapture.

I'm a bit nervous for multiplayer but since a side team worked on it i'm at least excited to give it a go. I've also reserved the special edition which I normally don't do for games but this comes with rapture posters as well as a Bioshock 1 soundtrack VINYL.

I'm in heaven....i'm in heaven.......

Mort has been raving about it for a few days now and is having a lot of fun, says it feels very much like Bioshock. That was my main concern. I don't give a flipple about the multiplayer, but I'll totally check it out.

Collectors edition will be mine in 12 hours... :mad:

How can the exact same game be better? Sexy Hat's just a shit stirrer, but you PS3 fanboys need to get the memo telling you that not only did you eventually get Bioshock on your system of choice, the sequel even got sameday release.

Having just started Sea of Dreams, it ain't bad.

Well you badmouth Fight Club until I show it to you for the first(.5) time on Saturday, then piss all over my beloved steampunk/Bioshock love. Have you considered that we'd be ignoring you because you're a lame cunt? :ifyouknowwhatimean: Go wait for that Sonic remake, Segaboy.

Regartding Bioshock 2, i think it's funny that the first thing they've addressed was Yahtzee's(and I imagine other's) biggest complaint: realtime hacking. It's a fun, challenging new system. Dr Steve is playing this on Games for Windows right now, he's my own Evermalice. Oh the pennies we'd give for his thoughts...

Cyberpunk beats Steampunk any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

Any game that uses a Colonoscopy photo for a skin on a monster is teh win for me.

Anyways my bro is also buying BS2 when he gets payed, so now both him and JZA will be ignoring me for the next few weeks.

Steampunk has never resulted in movies starring Bai Ling. Checkmate, sir.

Well you badmouth Fight Club until I show it to you for the first(.5) time on Saturday, then piss all over my beloved steampunk/Bioshock love. Have you considered that we'd be ignoring you because you're a lame cunt? :) Go wait for that Sonic remake, Segaboy.

Regartding Bioshock 2, i think it's funny that the first thing they've addressed was Yahtzee's(and I imagine other's) biggest complaint: realtime hacking. It's a fun, challenging new system. Dr Steve is playing this on Games for Windows right now, he's my own Evermalice. Oh the pennies we'd give for his thoughts...

woah! when did I bad mouth fight club? Its kind of hard for me to enjoy a movie when someone ruined the ending for me 3 years ago.

and Im only pissing on Biosock because Its cutting into precious Scott and Jay time.

and its not a sonic remake its a brand new game BRAND NEW! :ifyouknowwhatimean:

also im not a lame cunt just an unlikeable one :)

No no, you run like a girl who's had a stroke. Laaame

And this right here is where I point to Crim/Shane and recall the wonderful symbiosis we had in which, I like gaming and he liked watching me game. Man, imagine the good times being had if I still had a friend that liked watching me play single player games... :ifyouknowwhatimean:

The girls are hitting Derby tomorrow night so come around and uh, we can play monopoly or something in between sections of Rapture. That or Pokemon.

Back on topic though- played a minor chunk of the way through last night, had an absolute blast. I wasn't sure how they were going to sell the drill to me(I figured it'd be cumbersome), but it's wprked out pretty well so far. The hype was spot on about playing as a Big Daddy entirely altering the relationship you have with Little sisters. Admittedly the harvest/save options are pretty samey as the first, but the implied role of protector, not to mention

the fact that they call you 'Daddy'

would probably make it a liitle harder to harvest them(I've only saved so far). Also, gotta remember when you turn Vitachambers off, SAVE OFTEN!!

Archived