Hondo's Bar

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

The NZA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I miss that too. It goes a long way to explain the changing relationship between Big Daddies & Little Sisters too. I recall from the first one, loving the exasperated body language of a BD when a little sister would keep hassling him to follow her.

Just realised too, with being able to have Sisters guide you to Adam-filled corpses, they've clearly designed the way that component with multiplayer in mind: basically you let your little sister down to harvest the body and splicers come from every direction to fuck with you(kinda like capture the flag). Also, trap rivets are just about the coolest thing I've seen in a game ever.

If by 'greasy food' you mean

Big Cheif's or Sunnybank?

nutritious, healthy low-carb food, sure.

Seriously- you think Alana won't see this? she's resourceful. Meet me at pier 21 at sunset. I'll be wearing the Elton John shades

Either way, I sense a plot to separate me from Bioshock 2.

Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah, Blah, Blah.

Whatever you say.

Every time I tried to play the 1st one my 360 would crap out on me and I really didn't feel like buying on the PS3.

I'll buy this game at some point when I have some money to burn.

Man you actually make my arguement seem more credible with a move like that. That's gotta take some skill or serious dumb luck.

First one should be easy enough to buy(I paid AU$40 for one) for PS3, meantime, you're missing out man.

I would love to beat part 1 before playing part 2 but I have such a large backlog of games that I'm really trying to avoid buying to many games right now.

like i said, reveiws've been high across the board so far - can anyone tell me how it holds up specifically though? kotaku said the story didnt have as many twists but had more detail/character to it. im confident at this point that it doesnt feel/play like a cash-in, but i loved part 1 for its environment and philosophy, should i have any such expectations here?

Philosophically, no. The first game was so fucking brilliant and unique and I swear I need to nail down the attention span to read Atlas Shrugged or maybe even the Fountainhead. 2 basically shows what happens when a collectivist is let loose in Rapture. The explanation for the Big Sisters is less lame than I expected too, and they provide a nice sense of forboding as they skitter around ahead of you, unseen.

The recordings this time around are a lot more interesting too. There's accounts from people who've had their daughters abducted(as per the viral campaign), the new villianess, Andrew Ryan's reaction to the situation and more. A big highlight for me was in the Amusement park, Ryan's 'Journey to the Surface' horror ride. Fucking brilliant.

ah....here's to hoping more philosophy creeps up in the final act, then. sounds like they nailed the atmosphere then, at least - i hope they had fun with the soundtrack and classic radio tracks like last time. still, im down, even if im prolly gonna sleep on the multi.

O/T: jay, is your commute to work lengthy? i can find you a torrent of Rand on audiobooks if you like, thats how im gonna do it when i get through some more interesting things first. not sure it should be the first philosophy book you ever read, but its been such for a lotta people who somehow liked it.

My commute is failry lengthy. I have a few books on .txt on my DS that I read when I can be arsed. Audio books man, Idunno. I've never been read to so it just seems odd and foriegn. It's a good theory though, that I need to look further into. Thanks for the idea, man.

Logan- I look forward to crossing drills with you sometime soon, sir.

Well you a guy who crashes into ocean and decide to start a new life under the sea in a big under water city, but the occupants have gone bat shit crazy and some of them think their Spiderman. Luckily this ADAM stuff you find can make you shoot bees and lightning out of your hand. Also there are little girls you can save or eat their soul depending if you hungry or not. You also couldn’t swing a cat around Rapture without hitting something to hack into.

Dear 2KMarin & 2KAustralia,Please find below the synopsis you need to place on all copies of Bioshock made from now on.Regards,The JZA

Well you a guy who crashes into ocean and decide to start a new life under the sea in a big under water city, but the occupants have gone bat shit crazy and some of them think their Spiderman. Luckily this ADAM stuff you find can make you shoot bees and lightning out of your hand. Also there are little girls you can save or eat their soul depending if you hungry or not. You also couldn’t swing a cat around Rapture without hitting something to hack into.
could someone enlighten me regarding the finer philosophical aspects of part 1?
Have you Read the Fountainhead? You got it.

Archived