Hondo's Bar

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

The NZA

Dear 2KMarin & 2KAustralia,Please find below the synopsis you need to place on all copies of Bioshock made from now on.Regards,The JZAHave you

My grade 12 English teacher told me a had alot potential. :D

He also said he was going to hunt me down in six months from the end of high school if I didn't do anything with my life. Four and a bit years later he hasn't found me yet. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the game, good times were had by all. They put a lot more emphasis in making you care this time which actually kind of worked, and it has a key moment recognition system similar to Ultimate Alliance, where key things you do in the game will infact affect the outcome as opposed to Bioshock 1 where you were the devil or a, aquatic Jesus.

Tried out online too. It's pretty basic but fun too. I had a blast fucking around in Farmer's Market- i really wanna organise a game with the Siege and Logan when you guys get a chance.

So I just started on this and I already figured out why the philosophy isn't as strong. Andrew Ryan is no longer the focus, he was our philosopher but now we're dealing with Lamb. Lamb is a psychiatrist. The first game was philosophical, this game is psychological and your role in the story, the tape you find early on with the debate between Ryan and Lamb, as well as the Big Sisters are obvious nods to this. It's an interesting change of pace as Subject Delta is a complete 180 from Jack Ryan (Yes, that is his name) but it helps keep the series fresh. I really had no idea how they intended to continue the story from what occured in the first game but they've done a good job, tacking on a new villain without making it feel tacked on. Bravo so far.

this is going well. still quite early on, but at least past that initial Jurassic Park sorta phase of having been here too much before...this Lamb broad might be something of a cunt.

also, this will ruin things for you, possibly.

bombershock.jpg

bwahaha newt backfire

yeah, no, the load times on install could be better. and yes, im dying constantly, perhaps my first playthrough on hard/no vita chambers was ill-advised but fuck it, i beat the last one like 4 times, i can do this, however slowly.

Did an everything SP run. Hard, Brass Balls, research, tapes, all in one run. no backtracking made the big daddies harder than they were in the first bioshock, where I could just do some.... things to kill 'em without any risk to me. made me spend a lot more on ammo than I was comfortable with, but hey, made it through.

The loads were kinda unforgivable to me. In Bioshock 1, if you died, you could choose to continue from the last save before it even went to the menu. I found out while loading from within the stage that the loading's a lot faster if you don't get kicked back to menu. So I was a little annoyed that they took out that option.

Fun game. Lamb is watching, so on and soforth.

fuck.

id suspected this when i left the first stage and was warned to make sure i was cool, but...damn.

Yeah, No backtracking. There's more than the 100 journals required for the achievement lying around, but little sisters and PttP machines are sorta a do it or lose it deal.

I'd recommend being research crazy too. On hard, every bit of damage/ammo counts.

I would've liked to play stealthily in this one like I did in Bio 1. Stealth up, wrench a guy.... good times. The drill just doesn't feel as satisfying as the wrench did.

I would've liked to play stealthily in this one like I did in Bio 1. Stealth up, wrench a guy.... good times. The drill just doesn't feel as satisfying as the wrench did.

It is funny, when I played Bioshock every time I'd kill a Big Daddy I'd see the drill or rivet gun laying there and go "aww" Now I kill a thuggish splicer and just stare at the pipe wrench and go "aww." Game 3's gonna make us play as a spider splicer and we're going to want for anything but the sicle, I just know it.

Sending a swarm of bees at splicers is probably one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever. that's only heightened after unloading a double barrel full of Phosphorous buck into the poor bastards. I still don't feel like a Big Daddy though :/

Big Brass Balls + Against All Odds, read 'em and weep. got most of the achievements i set out for in this run, except i missed "Historian" by like 1 or 2 audio diaries, sadly. Great game, ending was better than part 1 as well - how's the multi so far?

still debating the LE on this one, saw it at bish's and its damn pretty.

ps much love to logan for recommending the bees (beads?!)

Archived