Hondo's Bar

Movie & TV Blargh

LOL!!! Haku, Plus one!

Yeah, dude - totally! That's what I'm sayin', there's sum stuff in their catalogue that could be great and would totally benefit from the 'Jungle Book' treatment. Not everything interests me (Maleficent, Dalmations, Dumbo...though, I admit - I am curious as to how that one will turn out), but the potential for another 'Jungle Book' moment is totally there. I can't dismiss the entire venture off-hand - actually kinda interesting!

I agree that we won't see a stop anytime soon to Disney rebooting its animation catalog in live action films anytime soon. Its too profitable. I believe Jungle Book is the box office winner out of the four reboot/remakes thus far (Pete's Dragon, Cinderella, & Maleficent being the others). But if we're listing Disney films we'd like to see updated or rebooted then my top pick would be Mulan. That could be an epic live action film.

And on Tim Burton, I was looking on IMDB and the last time he did a film that wasn't a remake or "reimagining" that really blew me away was Big Fish back in 2003. Only true original film he did since then was Big Eyes, and that was meh at best. This Miss Perigirine's film looks promising though. Hopefully he didn't phone that one in.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I miss Tim Burton - LOL. I wanna say it started w/ Sleepy Hollow, but that was freakin' awesome. I think Planet of the Apes...that was the sign of things to come. So curious as to why he ops for these reboots / remakes? He's a genuine artist...maybe he just likes putting his spin on stuff? Money? I'm curious as hell now to see his take on Dumbo...LOL - a big-eared freak / social outcast. Potential for weird...w/ that circus aesthetic.

I'd like to see a live-action Peter Pan, but I think the 2003 version was a damn-near perfect adaption of the book. I don't see how any live-action version of Peter Pan could improve on that take. Disney's update on their adaption would be interesting to see, nonetheless. Maybe they'd go w/ mega-cartoony? Ah dunno.

Sword in the Stone...another Alice in Wonderland - LOL, done properly (but I'm sure that'll never happen)...Gummi Bears...Gargoyles...Toy Story (LOL! j/k) Well...like Little Mermaid, it'd just be cool to see live-action. Probably wouldn't work (a live-action Toy Story remake), but if I could click a button on my remote and have Toy Story switch to photo-real mode, that'd be crazy-awesome. That'd be a cool fan-film project.

Characters-Toy_Story-Buzz_and_Woody_in_Andy_s_Room_1.jpg

I'd like to make a motion that Hondos have a Disney thread...for project / theme park news n' the like. Of course, if the subject / announcement warrants it's own thread expansion - by all means.

EDIT: Like, a Disney Blargh...? Disney happenings?

The latest in announced remakes...

20000-leagues-under-sea-remake.jpg

Getting retitled, simply - 'Captain Nemo'. James Mangold attached to direct. (The Wolverine...Girl, Interrupted)

Also...hang on to your butts...

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://thewaltdisne...-the-lion-king/

JON FAVREAU CONFIRMED TO BE HELMING LIVE-ACTION 'LION KING'

hrdcp3.jpg

We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide.

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film.

vdw695888LARGE.jpg

Sweeeeeet...

giphy.gif

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 1 month later...

Russian reality show to strand contestants in Siberian wilderness

A new Russian reality show where crimes are “allowed” will begin next year.

Game2: Winter will strand 30 contestants in the -40F (-40C) Siberian wilderness for nine months with the surviving winner receiving a $1.6m prize. It will stream 24/7 online.

“Each contestant gives consent that they could be maimed, even killed,” reads an advert. “2000 cameras, 900 hectares and 30 lives. Everything is allowed. Fighting, alcohol, murder, rape, smoking, anything.”

Contestants will each sign a waiver acknowledging that they might be raped or killed but the rules also state that police are free to arrest anyone who commits a crime on the show. “You must understand that the police will come and take you away,” the rules state. “We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation.”

Contestants will be placed in a landscape where bears and wolves are likely to be living. According to the Siberian Times, knives will be allowed yet guns are forbidden. The show is the brainchild of entrepreneur Yevgeny Pyatkovsky who says he “will refuse any claim of participants even if they were to be killed or raped”.

There won’t be a crew but rather 2,000 cameras dotted around the area. Each contestant will also have their own personal recording device. Willing participants need to be 18 and “mentally sane” to compete.

“The show promises to be international,” Pyatkovsky said. “Five countries have already expressed the desire to broadcast it for their audiences.”

He claims that 60 people have already applied, including one American.

CUNftnxW4AEP1-l.jpg

God - are we seriously that starved for entertainment? Shove people into a pit and see who crawls out? I can't bear that Extreme Fighting stuff - either. I've abandoned modern 'entertainment' a looong time ago.

15893709844_fbf36a0363.jpg

What's sad is the biggest issue a lot of people will have w/ this - isn't the content - but the level of diversity within the cast. (Not just a slice of society - but the big-wigs who are making this happen) I think the idea is nuts. The premise can only escalate in a Season 2 - then competing networks jumping in on the 'genre'...I hope this doesn't go anywhere. I'm embarrassed enough by this species.

23C79A8100000578-2856843-image-a-2_1417883159916.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...