Hondo's Bar

Nintendo Power Magazine

Acalis

After watchin the Angry Video Game Nerd's video about Nintendo Power magazine (which can be found here), it brought back a lot of memories I had of this Magazine. Long before the days of the internet, if you needed some help or tips about certain games, there weren't many strategy guides around either, but one useful resource was Nintendo Power magazine. I remember back in Elementary school whenever some of my friends would bring their issues over and we'd all be checking out all the useful information, and to check out which games were hot and popular back in the day. I never subscribed, but I did have a few random issues of it (one in particular was the one about the first Final Fantasy, which I still have to this day). I was also surprised there wasn't a thread about this anywhere on the Nintendorks forum, so I decided to make one. Anyone have some interesting stories or fond memories or even gripes that they'd care to share?

i love the castlevania 2 cover with belmont holding drac's head, the one that gave kids nightmares.

i got the first issue, it was among the best - Mario 2 preview with a fold-out map of where all the heart containers were in zelda's 2nd quest. most useful thing they ever printed.

Archived