Hondo's Bar

WANTED: The Game

Signal08

1216231280.jpg

1216252915.jpg

1216252916.jpg

1216252914.jpg

Wanted: Weapons of Fate is an upcoming video game developed by GRIN and published by Universal Studios. It is set to be released for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game is set in the continuity of the 2008 film and picks up where the movie left off with Wesley taking on the French chapter of “The Fraternity”.

Gameplay

It is a third-person shooter game

Piece of interesting news I read in the months Aus 360- this is apparently going to exist somewhere between movie & comic continuity. Without metas making an appearance though, I dunno what sorta compromise they could come up with, but anything that separates from the movie is welcome.

Having said that, this should really be the 100 Bullets game. :(

Piece of interesting news I read in the months Aus 360- this is apparently going to exist somewhere between movie & comic continuity. Without metas making an appearance though, I dunno what sorta compromise they could come up with, but anything that separates from the movie is welcome.

Having said that, this should really be the 100 Bullets game. :(

Don't get too excited this might as well be called "OMGZ BULLETIEM"

Yeah, And that if I had to pick one objection to nail someone to the wall for in this whole Supervillian coup(come to that, let's not discriminate and include Ra's Al Ghul's transformation from ecological terrorist to)= league of assassins, it'd be this: From what I gather, Wesley Gibbons is chosen for his bloodline to work with an elite assassin's guild called the Fraternity(I dug it as a name for a villian group gone pro, but damned if that ain't the stupidest name ever for fucking assassins), who then offer him*and this is the part I have trouble with* tricked-out bullets. He then goes through the desensitising rigmarole involved in turning him evil, but I mean really. Homing bullets. They could hand that gun to the fucking Capuchin from Friends(Ross' monkey, remember?) and he could be a worldclass assassin. At least when Marvel did it(was it Underworld? I can't find him on Google-you know who I mean though right?), it made sense because it was a guy who hated metas and they gave him glasses & guns. All the Movie Wanted people did was take two great ideas and fuck 'em both to dead with a razor dildo.

Yeah the movie woulda been great if it hadn't hailed back to a source via an uncountable number of convoluted changes. It's the same way folks are reacting to Miller citing Eisner in the new Spirit film.

Regarding this game- I imagine gameplaywise it's play like the airstrike in Battlefield Bad Company, where you go into bullet time but shit still moves pretty quick and you're pretty much trying to stear this thing against velocity.

Yeah, And that if I had to pick one objection to nail someone to the wall for in this whole Supervillian coup(come to that, let's not discriminate and include Ra's Al Ghul's transformation from ecological terrorist to)= league of assassins, it'd be this: From what I gather, Wesley Gibbons is chosen for his bloodline to work with an elite assassin's guild called the Fraternity(I dug it as a name for a villian group gone pro, but damned if that ain't the stupidest name ever for fucking assassins), who then offer him*and this is the part I have trouble with* tricked-out bullets. He then goes through the desensitising rigmarole involved in turning him evil, but I mean really. Homing bullets. They could hand that gun to the fucking Capuchin from Friends(Ross' monkey, remember?) and he could be a worldclass assassin. At least when Marvel did it(was it Underworld? I can't find him on Google-you know who I mean though right?), it made sense because it was a guy who hated metas and they gave him glasses & guns. All the Movie Wanted people did was take two great ideas and fuck 'em both to dead with a razor dildo.

and if you woulda watched the movie you would know it wasn't homing bullets the director just felt the need to make them look all special and whatnot ^_^

'Kay, I saw a preview where two bullets dodged(as in changed trajectory to go around as opposed to through) a beef carcass to bullseye a paper target. I guess part of this whole great movie league of assasin plan is to leave the harmless meat and go for the real enemy of evil: paper.

I know you're just trying to er... Bayt me into watching this movie

and if you woulda watched the movie you would know it wasn't homing bullets the director just felt the need to make them look all special and whatnot ^_^

I mean, really. You think I'm hating on Wanted the movie based on minimal exposure and stoic fanboyism? I'll admit I was galled from the very first that Angelina was cast and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the experience because I knew Angelina'd be way too classy/not dirty enough by a long shot to play a character that's best described as a cross between Catwoman & Foxxy Love but with tourette's. Since then, everything I saw of this movie pitched it as an 'all style action movie you can take your chick to', and I think we can agree there's nothing stylish OR classy about the book.

I can't decide if you're in on it, or if they made some serious edits prior to release, because a preview I saw had Morgan Freeman talking about magic bullets(and assuming he takes the role of Professor Seltzer but only able to gimmick bullets), which was then illustrated thusly by him firing at said paper with his back turned. Alright, if this is infact the case and they pissed off that ludricrous concept(for a movie that was meant to be about supervillians anyways), despite the fact the movie's still gonna make me angry I may just check it out. Course all that means for you, Baytor is that I'ma have more qualified ammo to come at you with(though I figure you'll lose interest in the arguement once I see the fucking movie).

I can't decide if you're in on it, or if they made some serious edits prior to release, because a preview I saw had Morgan Freeman talking about magic bullets(and assuming he takes the role of Professor Seltzer but only able to gimmick bullets), which was then illustrated thusly by him firing at said paper with his back turned. Alright, if this is infact the case and they pissed off that ludricrous concept(for a movie that was meant to be about supervillians anyways), despite the fact the movie's still gonna make me angry I may just check it out. Course all that means for you, Baytor is that I'ma have more qualified ammo to come at you with(though I figure you'll lose interest in the arguement once I see the fucking movie).

Well they were only allowed so many bullshit ideas and they pissed away all that on the loom and Angelina Jolie.

Explain to me the loom. I can only afford so much suprised rage when I watch this movie.

Okay, just in case you're not familiar with what a loom is, the Fraternity is working in a textile mill, that's their front. So the loom, just like a normal loom, spins wool into fabric. It's this giant fucking over-elaborate thing and Morgan Freeman examines each inch of it and by deciphering a secret code based on the over/under stitching of the threads gets the names of their hits. Apparently the Fraternity has joined the Blues Brothers in being on a mission from God.

It was a plot detail that was so utterly stupid that I just knew it had to be left over from the comic. Imagine my surprise when I found out that it wasn't. This led me to understand 2 things:

1) The screenwriter is a fucking idiot

2) The screenwriter may or may not be Dan Brown

Archived