Hondo's Bar

Gears of War 2

bishopcruz

i said on single-player halo, fuck do i know about that one level of gears? also, anytime im perceived to be engaging a fanboy battle around here...im prolly not sober.

i dunno, why is XII in the bottom tier? they're wacky.

But you were at work.

Because the combat in gears WAS SO MUCH BETTER and the A.I worked real well. ^_^

And I stopped playing gears once I made it to the train because I realized I had better games to play.

Remember, these opinions come from a dude who loves Dynasty Warriors games.

Everytime you do this it gets pretty sad, mainly because it's a genre you obviously dislike in the first place, and the fact that its an MS exclusive hurts you on some primal level. A shooter has to be available on the PS3 in order for you to give it the time of day, and that was BEFORE you decided to sell your 360 in order to increase your, I dunno, Sony Fan-points or what have you.

Look, I am not the biggest SRPG fan in the world, not by any stretch, but you don't see me shitting on Disgaea and 80% of Atlus games released because the genre as a whole doesn't grab me. And occasionally a game like Valkyria or FFT will come along and be good enough to make me care.

But I am glad that Resistance and Killzone exist, because at least they let you give shooters a fair shake, even if they aren't as good as MW, Halo, HL2, and Gears. They're fine games in and of themselves. Or so I hear on KZ2, still haven't played that bitch.

And come on, you played through RE5 and didn't bother finishing Gears 1 when you had maybe a 1/2 hour left?

Why is 7 at #2 and not at #11 just below 10 but above 8?

Why don't you like Gears?

Why did game informer put FFVII at #15 in its top 200 games of all time, above Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, and EVERY PC RPG EVER MADE? (Don't get me started on how they ranked Oblivion above all the Fallouts, Ultimas, Bioware games, and hell, even Morrowind.)

Some people just don't have good taste when it comes to a particular genre.

Because the combat in gears WAS SO MUCH BETTER and the A.I worked real well. rolleyes.gif

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that the combat in Uncharted 2 was NOT miles ahead of where it was in Uncharted 1? Cuz it fucking was, well except for the Blue dudes and chaingun fucks. And one of the worst end boss fights in a modern AAA shooter.

Or are you instead trying to say that the combat in Gears 1 was better than Gears 2, a game you never played. You make little sense most of the time, but this one really has me confused?

Or was that supposed to be a zing? In which case... good job?

Archived