Hondo's Bar

Sandman

Mulan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man has been to a Tori Amos concert, and was pretty sober throughout. So it's not as unlikely as one would think.

In regards to the story, it's been a long time since I've read the books (really need to re-read from start to end again) and I've always been more fascinated w/ Death & the Endless characters in general than Morpheus on his own. 2001 me would've been ecstatic, but now I'm more like: "Okay, cool. Let's see what ya got, Neil."

I like both that musician and the book, so why does that constant association annoy me so much?

Gaiman clearly learned a lesson from his buddies when it comes to negotiating a contract with DC. Dream is pretty much the only character they can't touch.

Or best believe there would have been many of these already, and mostly pretty forgettable.

The Jack Knight version of Starman and (I think) Tommy Monaghan and crew are under a similar copyright thing. I know Tommy turned up in a couple other books but I think it was under Garth Ennis' blessing.

Also, if you you bring Morpheus into mainstream continuity the superficial similarities between himself and Marvel's Nightmare become more apparent.

this is more recent than anything id seen on the issue, so why isn't the Miracle Man thing touched on?

I don't think that Stygian knot will ever be unraveled. Alan Moore never really had the rights, he just asked one of the creators if he could use the characters and they agreed. Marvel owns the rights to MARVELman but since they changed the name to MIRACLEman it's technically a different character and the rights belong to someone else. Todd McFarlane thinks the rights belong to him, because he is Todd McFarlane and claiming things that are stupid is what he does best. I don't think we will ever see the series back in print again unless Marvel uses their sexy new Disney lawyers to somehow get the rights.

right...see, again, we talked about this years back in the MM (heh) thread, Joe Q said he was giving Gaimain legal backing on the issue for his work on 1602 and such, presumably for rights to publish the TPB when it's sorted and all. I thought we were on that very point for a while now, unless he was reigned in on that promise.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

My periodic reviews got lost in the last great purge, but I did eventually get around to reading up to, and including Seasons of Mists and I actually really enjoyed the shit out of a lot of it, though I thought Season of Mists was one the weakest arcs. That was six years ago though, and I never jumped back on after taking a planned short break from the series. I need to go back and just burn through the whole series from start to finish. 

• 5 months later...

sandman universe #1 drops today - also here's the other book details 

• The Dreaming, written by Simon “Si” Spurrier (Motherlands) and illustrated by Bilquis Evely (Wonder Woman).
  • House of Whispers, written by Nalo Hopkinson (Brown Girl in the Ring) and illustrated by Dominike “Domo” Stanton, a graduate of DC’s Talent Development Workshop who previously worked as an illustrator on FX shows like Archer, Chozen, and comics like DMC.
  • Lucifer, written by Dan Watters (Limbo) and illustrated by brothers Max and Sebastian Fiumara (Four Eyes).
  • Books of Magic, written by Kat Howard (An Unkindness of Magicians) and illustated by Tom Fowler (Rick and Morty).

Source