Hondo's Bar

Valkyria Chronicles

Newtype

• 2 months later...

264gnm8.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles was a PS3 game. Valkyria Chronicles 2 is not. It's a PSP game, and here is its localized title: Valkyria Chronicles 2: The Gaul Royal Military Academy.

Announced in the newest issue of Japanese game magazine Famitsu, the game is set in 1937, two years after the first game. Cadets from the Gaul Royal Military Academy are sent to suppress an insurrection in the southern part of in-game country Gaul.

PSP? Fuck that shit.

ah, im excited. PSP needs more love (thought i dont know when ill get to this beyond Jean D'arc), and its too soon for the studio to put out another. honestly, i dont even know that it needs a sequel, thought it kinda told its story completely.

you catch any of the anime yet?

ah, im excited. PSP needs more love (thought i dont know when ill get to this beyond Jean D'arc), and its too soon for the studio to put out another. honestly, i dont even know that it needs a sequel, thought it kinda told its story completely.

you catch any of the anime yet?

I'm at episode 12.

I have a host of reasons for sitting on the fence about this.

Lets not kid ourselves when I say the controls might be a problem on the PSP.

It may download only.

And I already saw 2 characters on that picture that I already hate.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES™ ANNOUNCES ITSELF FOR PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, SEGA FOLLOW UP WITH PRE-ORDER DETAILS

In the words of series’ favorite, Aika Thompson, “we’re just getting warmed up!” If you saw the news on twitter on Monday night, which saw ‘Valkyria Chronicles™’ trending worldwide, you’ll know that some eagle-eyed reporters spotted Valkyria Chronicles listed for PC on PEGI’s website. Well, we were going to tell you all about it tomorrow, but we have all the details for pre-ordering and content available at launch right here, right now.

In Valkyria Chronicles, for those who don’t know, players embark on an epic adventure through beautiful environments and battle legions of troops to save the small country of Gallia from total destruction. Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe on the verge of a great war. The game follows Welkin and his fellow soldiers of the Federation’s 7th Platoon that are fighting against the Empire, who is intent on unifying the continent under its power. The emergence of the “Valkyria”- an ancient race with special powers thought to exist only in legends, turns the tide of the war and the Federation’s ability to win and a hope for a better future hangs in the balance.

This Strategy RPG was a critical success, garnering a whopping 86% on Metacritic and even earned a Guinness World Record in 2010 for being the best Strategy RPG on PS3. Valkyria Chronicles will launch for Windows PC via Digital Download on November 11, 2014 and will come bundled with all the DLC that was available for the original PlayStation 3 game including:

· Hard EX Mode (harder versions of skirmish missions in the main game)

· Edy’s Mission “Enter the Edy Detachment” (a side story campaign)

· Selveria’s Mission “Behind Her Blue Flame” (a side story campaign)

· Challenge of the Edy Detachment (six challenge missions)

So you can pre-order now and pick up this award winning, critically acclaimed strategy RPG that’s so good it announced itself, for £14.99/€19.99/$19.99 from selected digital retail partners..

Valkyria Chronicles steam page.

• 3 years later...