Hondo's Bar

Alan Wake

The NZA

So yeah, this one's been on a lot of radars since 2006 or so, and this is supposed to be the year it finally shows. I remember bish showing me the teaser, and it was one of the factors in my decision to get a 360, so im pretty excited despite how little we've seen.

Found this preview of sorts, didnt really say much new though. More as it comes.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
It was previously thought that the PC version of Alan Wake would be worked on after the release of its Xbox 360 version in May, but Microsoft has shattered hopes by confirming to Strategy Informer that Alan Wake will no longer be coming to PC.

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform." said a Microsoft spokesperson.

bish says he saw it coming, GAF says MS should just eat GFWL and be done with it. if what they're on about - recent videos showing unsteady framerates & screen tearing - is true, i mean this is a shitty thing to happen either way but its that much worse if a game we all waited on looks rushed. ive quite high hopes for this title.

• 3 months later...

Surprised that no one else has posted on this one. Great game overall, pretty much tense throughout, and the game is gorgeous. It's a very Remedy game, but the action is great, the atmosphere is unmatched this gen, and the story is better than I expected. Damn fine game.

early on, and yeah, game looks lovely. pretty tense as bish said, though Wake's a bit've a yuppie douche so far, cant imagine Remedy not exploring that later on. more to come, but definitely looking forward to a replay with surround sound going.

any details on the DLC yet? im on chapter 3 now, and shit, this game's really something. I mean, Remedy's no slouch at polishing (its funny saying this having just finally beaten Max Payne 1 & started 2) but there's parts where im at where they outdid themselves with the details. really enjoying this one, its looking like a keeper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Alan Wake is being pulled from stores and online marketplaces because the music rights are about to lapse. It will no longer exist very soon http://www.avclub.co...e-being--255242

The good news is that the company behind the game is selling it for 90% off on steam for today and tomorrow, so get it while it's hot because we may never see it again! You can currently get the original game, DLC, and American Nightmare for $3.99.

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 1