Hondo's Bar

Doom's Master/ The Hooded Man

Jables

Doom's Master/The Hooded Man  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno...JZA might disagree (he called it going south earlier), i enjoyed it right up to about its finale...felt like they were painting themselves into a corner; marvel (most mainstream comics) just cant have a truly lovecraftian nemesis who does horrific shit run around without deus ex'ing him away or the like...reading Berserk showed me how dark these books could get.

see, i didnt read the Kingdom, but was any of that good? this was enjoyable for me till the end, which resolved itself in that sort've "WTF" way that none of the rest of continuity bothers playing along with.

Kingdom sucked from the first lick of the tootsie pop. It was DC's first attempt to bring back the multiverse by inventing something called Hypertime that functioned the same way.

Had NOTHING to do with the deep themes that made Kingdom Come so good. Plus, not having the Alex Ross art made for no redeeming value whatsoever.

Jumbie. Here's the course of Events as told in Millarverse through the three books FF, 1985 and OML:

In prehistory, Doom lives in a pineapple under the sea, rendered immortal by hatred of his master.

In 1985 a dangerous reality warping retard summons Marvel 616 villians into 'the real world', led by Doom in the name of said 'master'. I think they tried to pull a real estate scam, and they may have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

In current day(last year), Doom gets the shit kicked out of him and burnt alive by his master who is later revealed to be said dangerous retard, now transformed into the banquet monster from Pan's Labrynth. Also, a team from the far-far-future calling themselves the Defenders made up of a more powerful human Torch, the hulk's Grandson, a geriatric invisible Woman & a hooded man who turns out to be Wolverine come back from said far-far-future to use a battery made of the Human Torch, Doom & Motherfuckin' Galactus to bring a shittone of future people back with them from a dying world(they took their jobs). Something something Reed Richards created a second Earth called Deus Ex, which they fend all the goobacks to. Enter Doom's master who proceeds to kill Latveria and a few other places including the gay FF(Johnny Storm & Reed Richards couple up) before Doom turns up from inside a shark from Prehistory and kills him. I think I got that right...

50 years from then(49 from now I guess) the villians are united under the Red Skull & Wolverine is channeling the Saint of Killers. After getting medicine for his family's cholera rent money and finding his family dead and/or cannibalised, he kills all the Hulks culminating in being eaten by Bruce Banner then exploding out of him. Wolverine then goes on raise Bruce's grandson and become the hooded man in the far far future.

masterfully retold.

the Pan's Labyrinth connection should've been more obvious to me, upon reflection.

jumbie: of all 3 books that JZA tried to warn me being forcefully tied together, ill stand by Old Man Logan only, great :FHD: story.

Archived