Hondo's Bar

Hondonian Achievements

The NZA

1231849667.jpg

In a move that will no doubt only bring us closer, i give you: Hondonian Achievements! :love: sort of.

Ok, so here's how it goes: our profiles now have a field for Awards (unlike the currently useless tab for them on the main page...let's not dwell on that. :eh: ). For instance, take Metalheart's profile here. there's a new tab between "wiki edits" and "comments" for Awards, which right now im trying to set everyone up with their respective Hondonian awards across the years. beyond that, its limitless; we just need an award name, image, and text.

So, what do you think we should have? post # ones, i.e., Mile-high club for 10K and above posters, special shit for those who've attended cross-continental meets, epic failure non-awards, etc? Im hoping we can make these more visible/accessible in a later update to the mod, we'll see. Meantime, get crackin!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true, i only shudder to think of adding awards for low, commonly-reached post #s cause i can make one single award, but cant give it to everyone in a usergroup; i.e., if we made a "100 posts!" achievement, there'd be 100+ people id have to manually add it to.

in any event, i just finished giving everyone their respective annual awards (those that had banners - mind you, many of our 3rd annual award winners didnt get theirs, natch). so feel free to check your profile, you should have something if youve won prior. enjoy!

ps woo hoo! through the magic of someone else's coding, i got The Awards page to work, too! awesome.

NAME OF ACHIEVEMENT - DESCRIPTION (can be changed)

No Life - 100 posts in one day.

Longevity - Having a thread that's gone over a 20 pages.

HonDID IT! - Hooked up with a fellow Hondonian (not someone you brought either... someone you MET on Hondos).

SUCKERS! - Recruited 15 members.

Shack Addict or The Nothing Significant to Say Achievement - 1,000 posts in the Crap Shack.

NSFW - Shown your goods on Hondos (chicks - boobs, guys - peepee).

More on the way...

some really good ones there.

definitely oughta be something for the "posted 100x in a day" people, i like the thread longevity one too, didnt even think of that.

banging another member - would you need this verified by both members? Recruiting totally needs a good trophy, and yeah, showing your goods deserves one too, unless you're from brisbane where its part of your culture and shit.

alright, if we get images for those bad boys, ill put em up. thing is, members who've earned them will have to post or PM me with evidence/a reminder to get em!

No Life - Tussin for sure. DoJ? I know that kid has no life.

Longevity - A bunch right there! We'd have to do a little digging to find out for sure, but that's cool. Also, it'll entice people to post more AND create more compelling threads!

HonDID IT! - Ahem.

SUCKERS! - Nobody has this, but Nick and maybe me. I don't even think I have it... yet. Also, it'll get people to recruit!

Shack Addict - Now, we have some folks that'll get this automatically, but it also makes you change your posting style. If you don't want it, you'll stay away from the Crap Shack. If YOU DO, then you'll post there more! Win, win!

NSFW - If you don't see the plus side to this achievement, you're an idiot...

And remember these are just suggestions. The amounts required for each achievement could be changed if y'all what!

All I can do is poo=poo=poo and say that any achievement based on postcount is just gonna incite postwhoring. 10k ones for sure, but 100 in a day and we'll have Doj, Tangent & myself treating the whole board like the fucking shoutbox ala night of 10000 posts.

Maybe one for being on when a new record number of users on at one time? Is there a way to differentiate between valid users & guests?

well, yeah, but that's assuming many people'd care enough about non-prizes to actually postwhore.

oh, you could definitely get one for being on when a record's broken, all we'd need is a screencap and anyone logged on at that time'd take part, thatd be cool.

ok, im saying...you achieve something, you get an award, a graphic image that goes on your profile, to show you achieved it. thats the reason i put the system into place now - check your own member profile, youve got an award tab now.

How about an acheivement for getting 5 more people to join on hondos (getting new members to join)? I have no idea what you would call that. I've been up for 20 hours and i just can't be trusted with the whole 'thought process' bit.

I like ron's ideas so far.

Oh, PHOTOWHORE acheivement, for you know, the one who puts up the most pictures.

oh.. a TMI acheivement? An acheivement for gift givers?

Just throwing stuff out there...

I actually kinda like the idea of just ripping off XBox's achievement graphic and changing the text. Maybe make ourselves an "H" to go where the "X" is. It would certainly make it a lot easier to churn out a bunch of different awards if they all had the same template.

Archived