Hondo's Bar

2009 in gaming

The NZA

so i got this best buy card for christmas and was debating holding out to buy something later, but i wasnt sure what all id want this year. Thusly, using gamestop dates (take that as you will) i made the following list, more or less.

This list is by no means complete; just the ones that caught my eye. Im gonna bold the ones im already sold on.

PS3/XBOX360 (multi-plat unless marked otherwise):

Afro Samurai (jan)

Street Fighter IV (feb)

Genesis Collection (feb)

Killzone 2 (PS3 - feb)

Star Ocean 4 (360 - feb)

Resident Evil 5 (march)

Halo Wars (360 - march)

Riddick 2 (april)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (may)

Infamous (PS3 - may)

Ghostbusters (june)

Splatterhouse (june)

Fight Night 4 (july)

Bayonetta (sep)

Uncharted 2 (PS3 - oct)

Brutal Legend (nov)

God of War 3 (PS3 - dec)

Dante's Inferno? (dec)

TBA:

Heavy Rain

Ultimate Alliance 2

Wolverine Origins

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams (this one's prolly a longshot)

Alan Wake (360)

Wii:

Tenchu (feb)

House of the Dead (feb)

Madworld (march)

The conduit (may)

Ghostbusters (june)

Punch-Out!! (TBA)

Fatal Frame 4 (TBA)

Capcom vs Tetsunoko (US?)

PC:

Diablo 3

Starcraft 2

PSN:

Nobi Nobi Boy

Fat Princess

XBL:

Marvel vs Capcom 2?

im sure i missed some stuff, feel free to add. So, which ones are you going for? Im hoping for surprises this year, as ever, and god knows i could be sold on SF IV, Batman, Fight Night, mebbe Splatterhouse? and most likely Brutal Legend. Madworld, i gotta see more of.

in theory, it sounds grand. like lightsaber fighting & such, but im gonna wait on reviews. i mean, honestly, Samba de Amigo and NiGHTs both shouldve been amazing on the wii due to its interface, but that's not what ive heard on either front, sadly.

die, warcraft, die

heh, KZ2 id just like to see you purchase, after all your poo-pooing my bootleggery i still get laughs out of bish technically owning more ps3 games than you, sir.

Fear 2 i should add, i just really didnt think much of part 1, no idea why it got the hype it did. and Ys, i swear, thats all bish but then there's gotta be another fan of the series on here somewhere.

just finished Res2's single player, wanted to see what others thought of the ending.

Fear...i think it was sold to me wrong, i was expecting more of a horror game, and got another shooter with mild horror elements to it. mebbe 2 will improve that, its just not on my radar.

Been waiting for Diablo 3 for fucking YEARS now, so looks like it might finally be arriving. Also Guild Wars 2 may be out this year, but Arena Net has done a real piss poor job keeping me interested in the first GW as of late, so I dunno just how enthusiastic I'll be about this one.

• 4 months later...

so, with infamous out now and Ghostbusters onna way, i think i was wrong about this year. here's what my current release schedule looks like, at least according to gamestop (for what that's worth):

Red Dead Redemption (9/1)

Ultimate Alliance 2 (9/8)

Uncharted 2 (10/1)

Brutal Legend (10/13)

Heavy Rain (11/9?)

Bioshock 2 (11/3)

Katamari Forever (Q4?)

so, given my queue, still a busy year. which ones are now/still on your must have list?

yeah, see, im counting on bish to get Batman, and anyone to get Fight Night 4 till i finds it cheap, assuming it goes as well as the last one.

im all about good boxing games, just wish this gen'd see another Def Jam game to cover the wrestling end.

why do you think batman would ever leave this house? George will masturbate nightly to that game :P

he'll get sore eventually

Is there really any point in releasing more of these games? I mean are they really inventing new and exciting ways to roll shit into a ball?

its a ps3 remake of damacy with online functions and the option to cel-shade, few new levels too. im already sold.

yeah, see, im counting on bish to get Batman, and anyone to get Fight Night 4 till i finds it cheap, assuming it goes as well as the last one.

im all about good boxing games, just wish this gen'd see another Def Jam game to cover the wrestling end.

The new one, Legends of Wrestling has drawn favourable comparison to the old Smackdown titles of PS1 fame(I loved those games), which makes me wanna try it out cause I miss chaotic 4-man matches.

Archived